Chapter 40

Misunderstood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tae’s POV

The morning after the performance I wake up in good spirits, making my way quickly down the stairs to meet Yongsun and Wheein unnie.

 

“Morning unnie’s.” I say with a grin as I throw myself on the couch next to them.

 

“Morning Taetae. You’re in a good mood this morning.” Wheein says returning my grin.

 

“How could I not be! Everything is going so well for me. I mean my parents are off my back, I got accepted into the company I wanted, you guys are engaged, and I am dating the most beautiful, caring, and amazing girl I know. What’s not to be happy about.” I say as I lean on Yongsun unnie’s shoulder.

 

“Don’t forget that we are going to find you your own place today.” Yongsun adds in with a smile my hair lightly.

 

“Of course not, when do you guys want to leave?” I ask excitedly.

 

“We are ready when you are kid.” Wheein replies chuckling.

 

With that I drag the two of them out the door ready to spend the day looking for my new house.

 

…………………………………………………

As we are leaving my place I get a message from Nayeon asking if she could tag along for the day. I of course agree and we head around to her place and pick her up straight away. We then head to the first of what becomes many real estate agents.

 

Unbeknownst to me it was actually really hard to find exactly what I was asking for. Apparently finding a reasonable sized apartment with a room Momo and I could use for practicing either music or dance is not easy. Especially one a reasonable distance between both the company and the dance studio, but none the less we persisted. Going from agent to agent, apartment to apartment.

 

As the day dragged on we decided to take a break, Yongsun and Wheein splitting off to go get something to eat. While Nayeon and I made our way to the nearest jewellery shop in the hopes of finding a present for Momo for our anniversary.

 

We find ourselves in a small shop just around the corner from the café Wheein and Yongsun had gone to.

 

“So do you have any ideas Tae?” Nayeon asks as we slowly walk through the small shop.

 

“None whatsoever.” I say with a chuckle.

 

As we move to the front of the store an older lady comes up to us.

 

“Hello girls is there anything I can help you with?”

 

“Umm actually I was kinda hoping to find a present for my girlfriend for our anniversary.” I say with a content smile.

 

“Did you have anything in mind.” She replies with a kind smile.

 

“I don’t know really, but I want it to be special, she really means the world to me, I don’t know where I would be without her to be honest.” I answer scratching the back of my neck.

 

“That’s sweet so how long have you two been together?” She asks again looking between me and Nayeon expectantly.

 

“What us two?” Nayeon asks gesturing to the both of us before looking momentarily disgusted. “No we aren’t together, I wouldn’t date this dork.”

 

“Jeez rude much Nabongs, but don’t worry I wouldn’t date you either.” I reply and the lady in front of us just chuckles.

 

“I’m sorry you both just look close. It was an honest mistake.”

 

“We are super close, just not like that.” I reply with a small grin and Nayeon nods.

 

“So how long have you and your girlfriend been together?”

 

“Only just 6 months but it feels like I have known her forever.”

 

“You are such a cheese ball Tae.”

 

“You love it.”

 

“Eeww no.”

 

“The both of you are very amusing.” The lady says chuckling lightly. “Come with me I might have something special out the back you might like.”

 

Nayeon and I follow the lady eager to see what she has.

 

We wait a for a moment and the lady comes back carrying a small box.

 

“This might work for what you are looking for.” She says as she opens the box to reveal a simple set of couple rings, a small heart design on the front, with the infinity symbol vaguely worked in as well.

“They are so perfect.” I say with a genuine smile.

 

“The design is sort of similar to that necklace you got for her birthday right?” Nayeon asks.

 

“Mmm a little, same sort of meaning anyway.” I reply before turning to the saleslady. “Can you engrave something on this for me?”

 

“Of course, what did you have in mind?”

 

“Just our anniversary date please.” I say with a smile as I write down the date.

 

“Not a problem, I should be able to have it finished by the end of the day. Is there anything else you girls need?” She asks as I quickly pay for the rings.

 

“Actually, do you know of any good real estate agents around the area? We have been looking all day trying to find a place for this dork to live but no luck.” Nayeon says gesturing at me.

 

“My brother owns the one around the corner.” She says as she shows us on the map. “Tell him I sent you and he will take care of you.”

 

“Thank you so much. For all your help today, I’ll be back for the rings later.” I say with a wave as I rush out of the shop. I turn back for a second to see Nayeon say something to lady who then chuckles lightly as Nayeon follows after me.

 

We meet up again with Yongsun and Wheein before making our way to the recommended real estate agent. Inside we find a middle aged man who smiles happily at us as we walk in. We mention the lady from the Jewellery store and he brightens up even more, before sitting down as we start to discuss exactly what I am looking for. Once we finish explaining it to him he smiles brightly before offering to take us to apartment that he thinks is perfect for me.

 

On the way there we pass the dance studio and stop just around the corner in front of a small but nice looking apartment complex. As we make our way inside my smile progressively gets bigger and bigger. The place is perfect, and as we walk our way through I begin to see flashes of what mine and Momo’s life would be like here. I get lost in my own mind quickly as we move through the apartment. Although I am quickly snapped out of it when I realise that Yongsun unnie has been trying to catch my attention.

 

“So what do you think Tae?”

 

“It’s perfect.” I reply with a grin. “I’ll take it sir.” I add as I turn to face the man.

 

With that we all make our way back to the agency, where I spend the next hour filling out the necessary paperwork before he hands me the keys to my new apartment.

……………………………………………

 

Over the next few days Nayeon, Yongsun and Wheein all help me slowly start to move my stuff into my new apartment. All while trying to keep it a surprise for Momo and preparing for graduation. Before we know it the day is upon us.

 

Everyone in our group of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter