Prologue

Little Monsters

Luhan’s mother had a hard time while being impregnated with Luhan. Thankfully, she inherited some of her ancestors’ genetic traits that allowed her to stretch her body as needed and constantly change her internal temperature and her external temperature (being that she was part dragon). After all, it was the only way she knew she could survive this pregnancy, being with how her husband has had the fire trait being most dominant in his bloodline. They argued over this matter day and night. However, in order to ensure both their races continued to exist, they agreed to not abort Luhan as it would not be too much of a health hazard for them to have him. They had the genetic means to survive this.

When Luhan was born, immediately, they applied for his birth certificate and requested for the best preschool in the world- for when he was born, he nearly lit the whole room on fire. His parents knew if he was a danger to them, he could mean death for others. They could not have him stay with them- at least until he could control his powers (they had a wax family living next door, for goodness’ sake).

He was sent to Transylvania – a region in central Romania. Known for its medieval towns, mountainous borders and castles like Bran Castle, a Gothic fortress associated with the legend of Dracula and for good reason. There are many great facilities there for those like Luhan. For example, Luhan’s preschool, where Dracula’s daughter, Dina – the administrator for all the best education systems for individuals with powers and peculiarities does her magic. 

 


 

Luhan doesn't remember much about his first day of preschool. All he remembers is that he burst into a fit of tears and lit the room on fire, burning his mom's favourite apron and how her eyes turned red. Luhan prefers not to think about it though. It makes him uncomfortable somehow. He doesn't know why.

 


 

One thing Luhan remembers the most is when the new kid arrives. 

A not-so-little little boy strutted into the room with confidence. His shiny, flowing bob of silver hair catching Luhan’s eyes.

Luhan was transfixed by his beauty- he had never seen that colour before. Even if he had, he doesn’t remember the colour being so pretty.

Mouth agape to attract flies, Luhan’s eyes followed the new boy’s every movement.

When the boy spoke, it was like time stopped.

 

“Hi, everyone. I’m Sehun. Oh Sehun.”

 

Luhan thought that it was the most beautiful voice he had ever heard, not before having his face turn red and nearly suffocating to death for having subconsciously held his breath for too long, of course. Feeling embarrassed to death and partially wanting to die, he secretly hoped to hide in the gigantic hole he made in the school field when he became an Ankylosaurus during a tantrum that trapped two of his most hated teachers.

 


 

Luhan spends the rest of his day avoiding Sehun, trying not to further embarass himself in front of the pretty Sehun. Well, as much as he can with Sehun sitting right beside him. Can boys be pretty? Luhan doesn't know. Perhaps he should ask his mom later today.

However, it seems wherever Luhan goes Sehun seems to be nearby. Perhaps Sehun is just scared of getting lost in this big school. Luhan would love to help- if he could talk, that is. Luhan doesn't know why, he's starting to get really worried. What if he can't ever talk again? No, no. That won't do. That will be terrible! How is he going to introduce himself to Sehun next time?

 

Immediately, Luhan ran out of the classroom, turning into a cute baby cheetah while running to the nurses' office.

With his chest heaving up and down and sweat all over his entire face like he was doused in rain, he ran to the first nurse he saw. He pulled at her skirt, not knowing the defeaning volume of his voice that had been turned to that of a tiger's. "Miss! Miss!" he roared, "I can't talk in class!". Temporarily half-deaf, the nurse barely gets what he says, trying not to yell for him nearly deafening her and giving her a heart attack.

"Luhan honey, is it because of the new kid? Are you scared of him?"

Luhan doesn't know what to say and how to say it.

He pauses for a while to think. His cheeks turning a pretty peach pink as time passes.

 

Now, with super fluffy bunny ears atop his head and whiskers sticking out from him cheeks, he shyly started.

"W-well, I think Sehun is really... um p-pretty?"

The nurse chuckled good-naturedly, patting Luhan's now-white hair and messing it up.

"Well, little bunny, I think that you're just a little nervous." she said while passing him his permission slip. Saying a short thank you, Luhan left again as a cheetah, leaving the poor nurse to go to emergency care to check if he darn broke her eardrums. Damn it. Now she really can't hear anything.

 

Before Miss Ren could call the assistant principal, Luhan ran back to class, passing his slip and dropping back into his seat with a pair of blue eyes staring at him oddly with confusion and utmost curiousity.

 


 

During nap time, Sehun asks if he can sleep next to him.

"The others look dirty and smell funny." Sehun claimed, to which the currently mute Luhan replied with a prompt and firm nod, allowing him to do as he pleased.

 

Luhan is happy yet he is scared. Nobody has ever tried to approach him before besides Baekhyun, that silly squeaky part-mouse. Too bad he's on holiday though, Luhan thinks to himself. He's missing out on meeting Sehun.

But I don't want him to meet Sehun. A part deep inside Luhan thinks and Luhan decides that that'll be his own little secret.

 


 

Throughout the day, Luhan has to remind himself every few minutes to not turn into a little mouse so he won't be stepped on.

 

 

 

 


 

Author's Note:

After hiding this for 6 days and finally deciding that I couldn't change this anymore and that this is fine, I have finally posted it up! Questions regarding arrangements Luhan's parents have with being in Transylvania and Korea will be explained in the future. I hope you all enjoy your time reading this lacking story,