Can't You See Me?

Can't You See Me?

That loud and cheerful laugh really makes a smile carve on her face. But, it somehow hurts her heart because she knows; she’s not the reason behind it. It’s almost impossible to make that particular girl laugh or even slightly happy because of her. She doesn’t even know why. Even all her members wondered why their relationship has become so tense. The way Yuju being treated sometimes angered the others. The younger girl sharp and straightforward words sometimes made the tears spilled from her eyes.She’s staring intently at her figure reflection on the mirror in their practice room. She looks so pathetically sad. One of her members comes closer to her side.

“Why are you looking at your face like that? Too pretty for your own good?” Yerin asked while back hugging the younger girl.

“Am I, unnie? I think something wrong with my face. Or even my own personality, myself…there’s something wrong with it.” The heaviness and the sorrow in that voice stunt Yerin heart. She slowly turns the girl figure to completely face her.

“Yuju…what’s wrong? This is not you. You always have confidence of yourself. What happen? What’s bothering you? You know I’ll be here right, always.” Yuju’s eyes automatically went to that one cheerful girl at the corner of their practice room, playing around with her same age friend. That deep stare gives a hard pang on Yerin’s heart. She tries to smile while interlace their fingers together.

“Why? Did Sinb say something straightforward that hurts your feeling? Do you want me to make her apologize?” The grip on her hand tightens while Yuju tries to give a grateful smile to Yerin.

“It’s okay, unnie. She didn’t. She doesn’t even talk to me.” The smile on Yuju’s face falter. Yerin pulls the taller girl into her arm. She can feel Yuju’s body shivering in her embrace. She rubs Yuju’s back slowly, trying to soothe the pain in that girl’s heart. It hurts her knowing she could do nothing to heal that pain. She can only be there when needed, giving comfort words and warm embrace. That’s it.

“I’m so pitiful, right unnie? But, thanks. Love you, unnie.” Yuju’s voice is unbelievably calm and it doesn’t sound like she cries at all.

“You’re not. I love you too, Yuju.” She’s the only one knows what she meant was more than that while looking deep into Yuju’s eyes. That girl really didn’t cry, but deep inside, Yerin knows she was shouting painfully. Both of them staring into each other eyes, trying to understand each other pain while one particular, cheerful girl staring sadly at their interaction.

 “Okay…Yerin, Yuju, you lovebirds can stop those lovey-dovey thingy and continue it at home. Now we need to resume to practice. I can even switch room with Yuju tonight so our practice won’t be interrupted by Yerin’s raging hormone.” Their little sweet moment was broken by Sowon loud and playful voice.

“No! Don’t take my friend away from me.” Eunha whining cutely while hugging tightly Yuju’s arm. Umji, the youngest member also hugging tightly into Yuju’s other arm and gives puppy eyes to Sowon and Yerin direction.

“Don’t take my Yuju unnie. I can’t sleep without seeing her face beside my bed.” Yuju smile at that warmth commotion between her members and for the first time that day, her smile reaches her eyes. Yerin also can’t help herself but smiling along seeing a happy Yuju. But that smile didn’t last long and completely wipe off with what Sinb said next.

“You can have her Yerin unnie. I can’t stand anymore hearing her talking in her sleep. And these few days she always cries in her sleep. I can’t even sleep at night. It irritates me.”

“Sinb! That’s your unnie!” Sowon raise her voice at the cold way Sinb treated Yuju. Everyone was shock at Sowon stern voice and Sinb cold treatment. Yuju lower her head and only looking at the ground, feeling guilty to all of her members.

“I’m sorry…I can’t control it, but…but I’ll try to prevent it.” Yuju speaks in a really low voice that is almost inaudible to all of them.

 “Fine. I’ll take her with me. But, don’t cry yourself to sleep at night when she’s gone, Sinb. She’s going to switch room with Sowon unnie for good. I’ll take care of her.” Yerin replied coldly while grabbing Yuju’s arm to her side.

“We’ll be back in 5 min unnie.” Yerin took a simple glance to Sowon direction and continues dragging Yuju out of their practice room.

“Saying those hurtful words towards her doesn’t make your feeling for her go away, does it?” Eunha whispered harshly to Sinb’s ear. Sinb gasp at that question that feels more like a true statement for her.

“I don’t know what happened between you and Yuju, but this time around you’re crossing the boundary. Yerin’s right. After this, don’t you dare cry yourself to sleep at night when Yuju’s face comes into your mind. She won’t comfort you anymore because; you lose the right to it. Now, you’re going to need a lot more than a simple apology. Even if she does forgive you, I won’t. I won’t allow you going near her when you’re just going to hurt her again. And Yerin certainly won’t allow it either. Mark my words Sinb. I’m not talking as a leader right now, but as a person who really loves and cherishes Yuju.” Sowon walk away instantly from her three members after her long ranting towards Sinb. She pause her movement for a moment in front of the door and said her final words.

“I’m cancelling our practice tonight. I’ll be waiting in the van. Tell Yuju and Yerin, Eunha.”
“I’m really disappointed in you, Sinb.” After saying that, Umji takes Eunha’s hand with her and continues leaving their practice room. Sinb was alone with her own thoughts. A single tear left her eye.

                                                                 ***

That fateful night, a big change really was made in Gfriend’s dorm. Sowon and Yuju changes room for good. With a really heavy heart, Eunha and Umji can just look at the solemn face of Yuju, carrying her needed things to her new room, helped by her new roommate, Yerin. Sinb was sitting alone at their living room, quietly and guiltily looking at Yuju who’s going back and forth from her once shared room with the other three youngest members in their group to her new room that is shared only with Yerin.

“You’ve got all you needed?” Yerin asked. A simple nod was given by Yuju.

“For tonight, yeah. I’ll get everything later. Can I, unnie?” Sowon smile at Yuju and gives a loving caress on her head.

“Of course you can. You must be tired. Get some sleep. Yerin, take care of her. You’re not the younger one anymore in that room. It’s her.” Yerin interlaces her finger with Yuju and smile sweetly at her direction.

“I will unnie. She’s my priority now. Nothing or anybody mess or hurt her. I’m not going to let it happen.” Everyone knew whom she meant when she’s glaring at the only person sitting on the living room. Sinb tries to divert her attention at everything but her enraged and upset members.

“Let’s we all just get some rest. I just want everything to be fine, and I’m fine now. Tomorrow, we all will be awakening by new energy and fresh start, won’t we?” Yuju tries to ease the tension around them a little bit but somehow fail to do so when Yerin and Sowon can detect a defeated tone in her voice. The situation really worries everyone especially Yerin when Yuju just went into her new room after saying those words.

“I really hope you get a nice and cosy sleep tonight, Sinb.” Yerin throws one last look to Sinb and went to give comfort to the girl who’s in great pain right now.

                                                                    ***

Sinb was all alone in the living room for almost three hours. There are a lot of things running around in her mind at that moment. She doesn’t know what she feels anymore about her current event between her and her members. One thing she sure of is, she was hurt. A lot. But she has no one to blame but her own self.

Hate or dislike did never exist in her dictionary that describes what she feels for Yuju. It was far from it. At first, she doesn’t know why being around that multitalented girl has change her behaviour, her heart. When that said girl is close with her, she started sweating nervously, her heart started jumping crazily, and her eyes always wanted to do nothing but stare at those round and deep eyes belongs to Yuju. When she talks happily and excitedly about something, Sinb just want to pull that girl closer and kiss her luscious lip. At that point, Sinb realize that she’s going crazy for the older girl and considering admitting herself at the nearest mental hospital. That crazy state which normal people call, love… She’s in love. That’s the first time for Sinb. So, she keeps asking herself why out of all people, it has to be a girl, and her own member at that. A member that she’s not really close with. Somewhere in that crazy state of hers, one of her member came to know her blossoming feelings for Yuju. Jung Eunbi.

All people especially Gfriend’s fans must know that this group are super close and insanely affectionate with each other to the point that their fans call them the gayest girl group. But fans also can’t help but notice that Sinb and Yuju is the member that particularly doesn’t have much moment together. The sweet moment between both of them almost never existed. So, when they finally have a moment together, no one can deny their chemistry, attraction, and adoration towards each other. That’s one of the reason Sinb secretly craves Yuju’s attention. But lately she always caught Yuju playing around or just sits while being annoyingly sweet with either Yerin or Eunha. And that’s really makes her heart boil. She wants to throw every feeling she have for that lovely main vocal. She doesn’t think of the right way to do it nor can she even do it. She just does what her heart told her so. It apparently hurt the only girl she ever loves.

Drowning in her guilty and pitiful feeling, Sinb was interrupted by a noise of their fridge opening. It was none other than the girl whose heart being crushes by her earlier that day.

“I’m sorry…I was just getting some cold drink. I’ll be gone now.” Yuju quickly taking her leave without sparing any glance towards Sinb.

“Wait…just wait, unnie.” Yuju was stunt in front of her bedroom. Sinb slowly closing the distance between her and the girl she loves. Her heart was getting excited and all she wants to do that moment is taking that taller girl into her arms and whisper how much she loves her. But for now, she can only be this far from her, secretly throwing loving gaze. Sinb carefully takes Yuju’s hand and takes her to the living room.

After about 10 minutes of silence suffocating the atmosphere around them, Sinb started to gather her courage and break it.

“I’m really, really sorry unnie. I don’t… I don’t mean it in any bad way when I said…that. I’m so sorry.” Sinb’s trying so hard to convey her sincerity by looking at Yuju’s face but she didn’t spare any glance at her at all.

“It’s okay. I get it. No need to apologize. You just…you just can’t help but dislike me, right?” Yuju just lower her head down, staring at the cold mineral water in her hands while talking.

“I don’t dislike you unnie. You…you don’t get it! I just…”

“You just hate me…” With a slow voice, Yuju interrupted Sinb’s speeches.

“No! Of course not. Why would I hate you? In fact I…”

“Then why? Why did you create this distance between us, this mess up situation in our group, why?” Once more Yuju interrupted Sinb, staring deeply into her eyes with a trembling lip.

“Yuju…”

“Unnie. I’m your unnie Sinb.”

“I don’t care! Yuju, listen…can you…can you just spend a little less time with Yerin and Eunha unnie. Be a less more affectionate with them too. I don’t like it!” Sinb raises her voice a bit that shock Yuju’s heart a little.

“What? What are you talking about? This is ridiculous! Fine. You can hate me as much as you want. But you can’t make them hate me too. Why are you the only one who can play around with them? I’m a member of this group too for god sake Sinb! Don’t make me an invisible to others just because you want me too. That’s not fair. Not to me…” Yuju was losing her patience and calmness. She feels that her current situation with Sinb just got worst. And if she allows it to go any further, it could ruin the dynamic and strong bond that was built together with her members in Gfriend. She won’t let the others got involved in this mess.

“That’s not what I really meant, Yuju. I just…”

“Stop it. It’s enough for tonight. I don’t think I can handle this any further. I should get some sleep. You should too.” Yuju abruptly standing up from the couch, wanting nothing more than to leave their living room that suffocates her so much that night, wanting nothing more than to break free from Sinb.

“But…”

“Good night, Sinb.”

“Yuju…”

“Unnie. Please…call me unnie. That’s the least you can do for me after all of…this. I’m your unnie.” With her last words to Sinb, Yuju quickly went in to her bedroom before the younger girl could catch the tears streaming down her face. The last thing she wants after a tiring day fighting with her feelings and sanity today was breaking down in front of Sinb. Her very special girl…

                                                                      ***

After leaving Sinb alone again in the living room, Yuju can’t find any way to sleep. Thank god Yerin who’s occupying the top bunk bed already fast asleep. If not, that girl going to catch her crying pathetically and getting worried for her all night. A few minutes drowning in tears, Yuju was lying tiredly on her bed, staring into nothing. She was really tired of crying until there were no more tears to spill. She can’t close her eyes because every time she tries to do so, her heart aches badly with the vision of Sinb smiling beautifully in her mind.

When she first entered the company, she saw one wonderful dancer who was younger than she was only by a year, full of spirit and has a special aura. The way that girl carrying herself with so much confidence and youthfulness, she knows that very girl would become someone special in the group and her life. But, she never expected that the Gfriend’s main dancer would take a very special place in her heart later.

She doesn’t even remember it when her feelings started to change. Or maybe she just doesn’t want to acknowledge it because the thought of that younger girl could also possibly has feeling for her was so impossible. That girl just having so much fun living up her dream with all of her members that already like sisters for life. Yeah, sisters…

Sinb always loves to play with all her ‘sisters’ but at one moment, Yuju just want Sinb to pay a little more attention, spend a little more time, and gives a little more love to her. And that’s it. She was in love.

She was right all along. Sinb really become a very special person to her and, she doesn’t have the same feeling for Yuju. It hurts. She knows it. Look at her situation right now. She must stop this. She need to. Sinb can break Yuju’s heart, but she can’t break her dream. Not even her members dream. They were planning on achieving their dreams, their future together. She’s not going to let her stupid feelings, her pitiful love, ruins the lives of everyone she loves.

It’s okay, Yuju. Cry your heart out just for tonight. After this, the only thing you’re going to do is realising your dreams together with the others. You’re too young to let this mere heartbroken breaks your spirit. Get yourself together. There are still lots of people who love and counting on you. These are the words that Yuju keep telling and mumbling to herself that night. She makes it as a lullaby for her to sleep, prays for a better day, and lighter heart tomorrow.

                                                                ***

All of Gfriend’s members were taking a break after three hours of none stop practice. The atmosphere was eerily very quiet because the sole of laughter and the most hyperactive members namely Yerin, Yuju, and Sinb do not have any feeling to crack stupid jokes or dancing crazily after the chaotic event yesterday. The so call holy trinity girls were sitting quite far away from each other. For Yerin, she knows Yuju just need some time alone. All she could do right now is staring at that lovely younger girl from a far. That’s all she’s been doing for a long time. Yuju had her head focusing only on the floor while sitting. Yerin also knows that Yuju was trying hard, preventing herself to look up from the floor because there’s only one view she would be staring off. The second youngest member of the group. A sad smile creeping up on her face.

Showing love and affection towards her members was never a problem for Yerin. In fact, she’s really good with it. That’s why her fans call her the gayest member of all in Gfriend. She likes to express her love by showering her members with all sorts of affection such as back hugging, holding hands, hand kissing, loving gaze, and lots of kisses. But somehow, there were never enough hugs, kisses, or even sweet words can describe how much she loves Yuju. Especially when she realize she was falling hard for that younger girl. That clueless girl also doesn’t seem to notice how Yerin always treat her a little more special, a little too much sweeter than the others. Only then, she knows, it’s not because Yuju was clueless towards her surrounding, but she was too busy staring at Gfriend’s second youngest member with a gaze that was full of love. Yerin doesn’t like quitting but she always knows when to give up. She also hardly swallows the reality that she was a loser in this love when she doesn’t even start her moves yet.

                                                                   ***

The attention of Gfriend members now fully distracted to the centre of their practice room when Sinb came standing there a moment ago, looking very determine to announce something to all her members.

“I’m sorry. For everything, I’ve done and said yesterday. I know I’m not just hurting Yuju…Yuju unnie, but all of you. I’m sorry for disappointing you Umji, and I’m sorry for making you mad Sowon unnie.”

“It’s fine, Sinb. What I really want to know now is have you resolved your feelings?” Eunha walking slowly towards Sinb with a concern look.

“It doesn’t matter now, unnie. I just…Yuju unnie, you don’t have to switch room with Sowon unnie anymore. Comeback to our room. I don’t… I don’t want Umji and Eunha unnie missing you at night. Please…” Sinb looks at Yuju with pleading eyes.

“I thought I’ve already made myself clear yesterday when I said I won’t let you near her. Not any time soon. Even if she already forgave you, I won’t. You need to show a lot more efforts rather than just apologize.” Sowon said calmly but with really stern eyes.

“I’m not going to let her go anywhere either. She was hurt, and until I’m convinced that she’s already stabilizing her emotions, she’s staying by my side.” Yerin stands confidently in front of Sinb. Her statement did shake Sinb’s heart and makes her blood boils.

“Why are you making a decision for her? You’re getting so work up for this matter a little bit too much, don’t you think unnie.”

“You don’t have the right to question my efforts in making Yuju happy. Not after what you’ve done.” Yerin stares intensely into Sinb’s eyes.

“What makes you think you have the right to make her happy?” Sinb takes a few steps closer to Yerin while gritting her teeth and clench her fist.

“Because…I love her. More than any one of you can imagine.” Her sudden confession makes Sinb’s eyes trembles, Yuju finally walks closer to the centre of the practice room where all the commotion about her happened and the other three members sharing a shock feeling among them.

“Yerin unnie…” Yuju’s melodic voice makes everyone in that room looks at her with concern. Yerin reluctantly facing her body towards the main vocalist. She can’t take back her words now. She might as well let it all out today, even if the situation and venue doesn’t seem to be appropriate.

“I love you, Yuju. As much as I can’t even imagine, and for as long as I can’t even remember. I know you would never see me that way because you’ve already set your eyes and heart on someone else. So, what can I do was making sure you will always be happy and be there to mend your broken heart.” Yerin feels like half of her burden was being lifted. Now she just wants to know what Yuju’s reaction would be so, she carefully takes a look at Yuju’s expression.

“I’m… I… I’m sorry.” After blurting her words difficultly, Yuju quickly walks away from the scene without taking a glance at her members. Everyone just stood frozen for a couple of minutes after Yuju left. Suddenly Yerin chuckles lightly, which startles them.

“I knew this would happen but, I never know it would hurt this much.” Yerin trembling voice makes Sowon come near her and hugs her tightly. Eunha and Umji also come closer and engulf them with a big, warm hug. Sinb just stands guiltily with her head down a couple of feet from them.

“I know there’s always something special about the way you treat her unnie. But, I… I never expect you to fall for her and… openly confessed in front of the others.” Sinb small voice makes her members breaks the big hug and focusing their view on her.

“You’re an idiot, did you know that? I’ve always been staring at her whenever I can. And I can’t help but notice; she always had her eyes on you. But, I also notice one important detail that makes me never want to confess my feelings for her before. Whenever she’s not looking, you’re the one who was looking at her. Smiling stupidly to yourself at every random things she did. The way you look at her, it’s exactly the same way she looks at you. It’s probably the same way I look at her too. Eyes full of unending and unsaid love. So, I don’t know how much stupid and you can be to her when all you ever want is to love her unconditionally. I know this because that’s what I want to do too. The difference is, you’ve got her heart. She’s in love with you too.” Sowon and Umji gasp at the new revelation by Yerin.

 “You can stop pretending and denying your love for Yuju, Sinb. I’m the only one who knows how much you suffer because of this love. I’m the only one there for you when you cried because of how strong the impact of Yuju’s love do to your heart. Now I’m telling you to stop running away from her and start running to her.” Eunha takes Sinb’s body into her small frame lovingly. Sinb trying really hard to prevent herself from breaking down in front of her members, but no matter how hard she tries a lone tear still manage to drop from her eyes.

“I never knew Yuju is love with Sinb. There was nothing special or any difference with the way she treated Sinb or the other members. Poor Yuju. She kept her feelings all to herself. She must be feeling miserable inside. You too, right Sinb.” Sowon throws an apologetic smile to a shivered Sinb in Eunha’s embrace.

“It’s not a surprise if nobody notice it unnie. Yuju likes keeping her feelings a secret from others. She doesn’t like to burden us, right Eunha. I bet you already familiar with that side of her but, there’s nothing we can do to change that. Yuju also the sweetest human being in the world that could never differentiate the way she treated her members. She just loves all of us. But only one special person can get her heart. I happened to know it only because… my eyes… always searching for her. Trying to find the right time to confess, but instead I found her in the most vulnerable moment staring at Sinb with a broken smile.” Silent once again engulfing the girls after Yerin finished her speeches.

“What are we going to do now, unnie. Yuju unnie is gone. Sinb and Yerin unnie here with us brokenheartedly but… don’t we have to look for her Sowon unnie?” Umji looks at Sowon with a worried face and glassy eyes. She doesn’t like the heart breaking event happened among her members these few days. It makes the atmosphere really gloomy and saddened her heart as the youngest one.

“I know where to find her. I’m going to fix this. I promise. But Sinb, you also have to promise me you’re going to make things better for Yuju. For both of you. Can you do that for me?” Yerin holds Sinb’s hand tightly in her palm while wiping the continuous tears that keep falling down on Sinb’s cheeks.

“I promise.”

“Good. That’s what I want to hear. Stop crying.” Yerin smiles lovingly at Sinb. She then cast a final glance at all of her members before taking steps away from them.

“Yerin unnie…” Yerin’s hand was hovering over the door knobs before she slowly turns her head towards Sinb’s desperate voice.

“Thank you.” Yerin can’t help but carve a bigger smile at the sincerity puts in just those two words.

“Thank me later when you get the girl.” With that being said, Yerin continue to walk away from the practice room with a heavy but somehow lighter heart.

                                                                    ***

Yerin was right. She’s smiling at the lovely figure of Yuju who was sitting on a bench at their company’s secret garden. She slowly approaching the solemn girl and takes a seat beside her. Yerin can clearly see Yuju’s face and fortunately, there were no evident of tears. Yuju was stunt when she felt a new presence beside her and froze in her place when she realise who was sitting beside her with a guilty and worried expression She doesn’t know whom was she expecting, what she really need to do, or what she should say at this moment.

“Are you thinking of why not Sinb here?” Yerin tries to hide her pain with a bright smile.

“No. Instead I’m thinking of why not you that I’m in love with. It must be easier that way.” Yuju cast a sad smile to Yerin.

“Easier for who, exactly? You or her?”

“For her, and for you.”

“What about you? How about your heart? Whose name it keeps calling? Whose presence it keeps yearning?” Yerin’s questions makes Yuju thinks hard for a moment.

“I don’t think it matters now. Beside, every one already knows you love me. Not who I love.”

“I’m sorry to break this to you but, they knew who you love. You can’t run anymore. So, what are you planning to do about Sinb now?” Yuju runs her hand through her hair and then fix her bangs a few times with a troubling thought.

“Nothing. There’s nothing I can do that makes thing any different than before.”

“You can. In case you’re curious, Sinb’s heart is already belongs to you from the start. It just needs to be claimed by its rightful owner and that’s you Yuju.” Yuju stares at Yerin with disbelieve. She doubts she heard it correctly, what Yerin said regarding Sinb’s heart.

“I’ll never regret falling in love with you. Even if I can’t have your heart, I still choose to love you all over again. I admit it hurts, but knowing that I fell for the right girl makes everything better. I know what actually pains me before. It’s the reality that you’re in such great pain. You hide it from the others and it breaks me even more that you shamelessly fake a smile and laughter, every single time. When the opportunity to make you a happy Yuju again came, I’ll never lose it. And that is by letting you go with someone you truly love, someone who can make you the happiest girl in the world.” Yerin holds Yuju’s hands gently while smiling when her tears betrayed her and running freely on her cheeks.

“Thanks unnie. You’ll always be my strong and wonderful Yerin unnie, and I love you. Thanks for staying on my side always.” Yuju wipes each tears staining Yerin’s face and tucks her falling hair behind her ears.

“And you’ll always be my amazing and lovely Yuju. I’ll always love you and you know I’ll be by your side, forever.” Yuju finally pulls Yerin into a hug. She expresses her gratefulness with each caress on Yerin’s back. Meanwhile Yerin pours her genuine love with her warm embrace and a simple yet sweet peck on Yuju’s cheek.

“It’s time for me to let go now. I believe you’ve got something to straighten out. Together.” Yuju weirder out by Yerin’s teasing smile and playful eyes. She tries to follow Yerin’s line of sight and the view makes her cheeks reddened furiously. It’s the sight of a guilty yet somewhat shy Sinb, standing not far away from both of them.

 Yerin reluctantly breaks free their embrace. She gives an encouragingly smile to Yuju before standing up from the bench and approach Sinb.

“Be happy Sinb. Make her happy because she deserves it. Both of you. Don’t screw up again. The second her tears fall because of you, without second thought I’m going to keep her by my side. You got me?” Sinb can only nod dumbly because of Yerin fierce and intimidating aura. She pats Sinb’s shoulder gently.

“Go and make her yours. We’ll be waiting for the good news.” Yerin then walks away from the scene coolly with a big smile on her face. Now it’s all up to Sinb to make things work out as it supposed to be. With a deep breath, Sinb steps confidently towards the awaiting yet nervous Yuju.

Yuju almost had a heart attack when Sinb kneeling in front of her and not sitting beside her. Sinb smile beautifully and gently takes Yuju’s hands into her palms.

“I’m sorry Yuju for being such a stupid person and acted like a total jerk to you.” Sinb started by apologizing to the love of her life.

“Call me unnie Sinb.” Sinb raises her eyebrow at that instruction.

“Seriously? I’m trying to confess my feelings to you. So I’m going to call you just how I like it. Would you just hear me out first, please?” Yuju nods a little.

“Acting like I hate you was harder than just admitting my feelings for you. It’s not just hurting myself in the process, but also you. It’s not my intention to be harsh to you. It’s just all my feelings became so overwhelming seeing someone makes you happy and freely touches you intimately, someone who was not me. If I can turn back time to the first moment when I realize my feelings, I’ll run to you, said it out loud, and make you mine.” Sinb’s sincerity flows freely from her heart just like the tears freely flowing down to Yuju’s cheeks into their intertwine hands.

“I don’t know the right way to express it or how should I say it. This is just me being myself. I love you, Choi Yuna. For every perfection that you made of and every weirdness that you came with. I’m giving you my heart and all I ever want is for you to give me your heart. I’m going to take care of it because… I love you so, would you please take care of my heart?” Sinb gently wipe away the tears on Yuju’s face. Yuju caresses Sinb’s cheek lovingly while smiling and slowly she comes closer and gives a sweet kiss to the corner of Sinb’s lips. She stays there for a moment, trying to savour the feeling of being in love and giving time for her and Sinb to absorb the reality that it’s no longer one sided love for both of them.

“Is that your way of accepting my heart? No I love you back? Just a peck on my cheek. I’ve poured my heart out, you know?” Sinb cutely pouting and Yuju just grinning in reply.

“That’s not just a peck. And you’re still a minor. A kiss on the cheek should do for now. I think you’re already knew what my heart saying and to whom it belongs.” Yuju gently pulls a sulking Sinb closer to her by making her sit on the bench and then intertwine back their loose fingers.

“I still want to hear it from your mouth.” Sinb whines a little.

“Still not going to give it up huh, baby?” Yuju throws a playful smile to Sinb.

“Baby?” Sinb’s ears perks up at that new nickname and a sudden rush of heat came up on her face.

“That’s what I like to call my girlfriend.” Yuju caresses Sinb’s cheeks to soothe the redness.

“I like it.”

“Like what?”

“The sound of you calling me baby, and the fact that now I’m your girlfriend. So, are you officially my girlfriend now, babe?” Sinb can’t contain her happiness and just smile brightly.

“Then who else you’re planning to date?” Yuju gently push Sinb’s shoulder.

“You. Just you and only you.” Sinb whisper to Yuju’s ear even though there’s no one there Yuju blushes furiously at that gesture.

“Sinb…” Yuju calls her lover name after a few moments fell into a comfortable silence.

“Hhmm…” Sinb reply lazily while playing with their intertwining fingers.

“I love you too.”  Yuju looks straight into Sinb’s eyes, conveying all her feelings. The smile on Sinb’s face just keeps on getting wider and she quickly pulls her new lover into her arms. This is love. If she knows that Yuju can smile and be happy like this, she shouldn’t run away from her feelings. But now they’re together and she will do anything to keep Yuju hers forever.

                                                                  ***

The night is still early so Yuju and Sinb just cuddling on the couch at the living room watching some show with the lowest volume. The other members decided to give them some privacy by staying in the bedroom. They were all very happy at the new relationship built but Sowon strictly warned Sinb to not play with Yuju’s heart and don’t make her cry. If not, the main dancer would be dead at the leader’s hand. Yuju just laughed when she heard that warning.

“Babe?” Sinb gently nudge Yuju’s hand.

“Hhmm…” Yuju focusing her eyes to her girlfriend beautiful features.

“Do you think Sowon unnie would allow it?”

“Allow what?” Yuju asking back curiously.

“For her and Yerin unnie to switch room with us?”

“Why would you want to switch room?” Yuju wondered why would Sinb thinking of switching room.

“I want to be alone with my girlfriend. Is that a crime?” Sinb tilts her head a little to get a better view of Yuju’s structured face.

“No. But I don’t think it’s a good idea to stay in a room just the both of us. It’s dangerous.” Yuju is against the idea of sleeping in a room just her and Sinb completely.

“Why would it be dangerous? We’ll just cuddle to sleep. It would be awkward to share a top bunk bed together when there’s Umji and Eunha unnie in the room. But it’s fine if just the two of us.” Sinb tries to convince her girlfriend of the idea.

“I prefer there’s the two of them in the room with us. Who knows what could happen in a room with just the two of us. We’re new in this relationship. Our feelings are still burning and out of control. Something could happen. Plus, you’re a minor so, nope. We’re staying in the same room.” Yuju redirecting her focus back on the television from Sinb’s pleading eyes.

“What’s with you and I’m the minor thingy. Stop looking at me as the younger one. I’m your girlfriend and yet I can’t even get a proper kiss. Plus, you’re just older than me by a year you know.” Sinb breaks their intimate position and crosses her arms around her body with dissatisfaction. Yuju shakes her head at her girlfriend childish action and yet she still doesn’t want Yuju to look at her as the younger one. Yuju gently cradle Sinb’s face and gives a sweet smile to her. She slowly gets closer to Sinb’s face until their nose touched. Sinb shuts her eyes close and Yuju’s lips finally met hers. It was a short kiss but it’s enough to take Sinb’s breath away. Now she believes that a kiss on the lips is really sweet but maybe the fact that it was Yuju’s lips that she kissed, it was even sweeter.

“I love you.” Yuju whisper those three sweet words that brush against Sinb’s wet lips.

“Damn. I’m ing doom.” Sinb sigh happily.

“Language Sinb.” Yuju taps Sinb’s nose playfully.

“I don’t care. I’m ing in love with you and one day you might make me go crazy with just a touch. I love you, babe…” Yuju can’t help but smile at Sinb’s childish yet sweet action. They resume to their original position, cuddling sweetly on the couch with a never faded smile and never still heart.

The six girls were meant to meet and bonded together. They shared one dream and promise to make the future together. At first, they can’t see what’s in front of them, whether it’s destined for them or not. Now they can all see it what fated for them. They can see their realising dreams and love for each other. Yuju believe in her own quote of ‘Close your eyes for a moment if you’re hurt, when you open it you’ll see that everything is just a pavement to your dreams and love. Close your eyes so you can see better’. Now everything has become clearer. Their never shaken bond, their dreams, and their love.