first day

UNHEALTHY

on the first day of school, youngjae wasn't expecting anything special. maybe getting lost a few times or maybe embarrassing himself in front of the whole school. maybe he'd even get free lunch for being a new student, or some kids would about having such a baby face. 

what he wasn't expeciting, however, was two boys making out on the side of the hallway. youngjae froze up, staring at the two boys, not hiding anything. the taller boy was pushing the smaller boy against the wall and palming his while the other one was shaking in pleasure and loudly. youngjae squeaked and looked around to wonder if anyone else was paying attention to any of this, but was surprised to see everyone just walking around the two boys, some girls even recording and squeaking in joy. 

youngjae twitched and tried to somehow push himself into the flow of students who were walking around these two, but was pushed out instead, accidentally bumping into someone. youngjae immediately turned around to bow and apologize but froze when he was met with the broad back of the really tall guy who had currently stopped making out with the other guy. the tall guy stood up to his full height (and oh my god he is so fricken tall) and slowly turned around. youngjae gulped and immediately directed his eyes towards the ground so that he wouldn't make eyecontact with the tall stranger and prepared to bow and blurt an apology. 

"what the fu-" a deep voice rumbles. 

"i'm really sorry. i didn't mean to-" youngjae being youngjae, he bowed deep-- too deep-- and his hit someone from the crowd. youngjae turned around again to apologize and bow but when he did, another person from the crowd pushed him over and he fell on his . youngjae squeaked and groaned in embarrassment as he covered his face with his hands. 

"youngjae you stupid idiot oh my god how much more embarrassing can you get?" youngjae mumbled to himself, hands still covering his face. youngjae then remembered the man he had angered and then peeked out of his hands upwards. 

when he made eyecontact with the (not gonna lie but very attractive) man he immediately covered his eyes again. a deep chuckle could be heard from above. 

"hah you're such a little ." the tall boy said, probably laughing at how embarrassing he was being. youngjae heard him crouch down and blow air at his bangs. "move your hands," the tall boy says, "i want to see your pitiful face." youngjae shook his head, hands still on his face. the tall boy scoffed and grabbed youngjae's wrists. 

"i said move your hands you ." the tall boy growls, moving youngjae's hands off of his face. youngjae feels his face going bright red and he's pretty sure he doesn't look his best. he's squeezing his eyes shut and pursing/pouting his lips. he's also a human tomato but really lets forget about that for a second. 

"the ?" he hears the tall boy say. out of pure curiosity, youngjae opens his eyes and looks up at the tall boy, slightky cocking his head at the words that the boy had spilled. 

the boy purses his lips as he gets up and turns around, walking away quickly. his makeout partner quickly sends youngjae a glare and turns around to follow the boy, whining. 

youngjae collects his thoughts for a moment and waits for the crowd to start moving again before he gets up and pretends nothing ever happened. but when he finally finds his home room, his bad luck bites once again. the moment he opened the door he heard the room go silent, the only noise coming from students moving around and certain girls gossiping, probably about him. 

he turns around and starts to leave when his eye catches someone. its the dangerously attractive male, staring straight back at him. youngjae takes this short moment to look at him and observe his features. he had two small dots above his left eye and his hair was lightly tousled backwards to show his face. his jawline was particularily sharp and he had monolids. his cheek bones were raised and his eyebrows were dark and perfectly shaped. from under his outfit, you could still tell that he spent some time working out. his neck was pretty broad, and so were his shoulders. his adam's apple was prominent and all together, he was a really beautiful human being. 

'no wonder no one cares that he's making out with people every morning' youngjae thinks to himself. 'dangerous' was another word that defined his face quite well. youngjae found his consciousness again when that sculpted face smirked at him, tugging the boy's pretty lips up into a one sided smile. 

'' the boy mouths to youngjae. youngjae frowns and then starts pouting, tired of the other male teasing him. the other male is surrounded in a group of pretty attractive people, all of them talking to eachother. the only boy not talking or smiling is the one boy who was making out with the tall boy this morning. instead of enjoying himself, the boy is glaring at youngjae, sending daggers into his skull. youngjae gulps before turning around and speed walking out of the classroom, eyes widening in part fear and part shock. 

he waits outside of the classroom until his teacher comes so that he can go inside peacefully, but that backfires because the overly friendly teacher smiles and asks youngjae to introduce himself. youngjae turns to the audience of judgemental and hormonal teenagers before smiling nervously. he puts both hands on the middle of his waist to politely bow, but he's squeezing his hands to stop them from shaking. 

"h-hello. i'm choi youngjae, i'm from," youngjae hesitates a bit, a little ashamed to be sharing his measly hometown in a city like seoul. he continues anyways, "m-mokpo." at his last words, certain students start giggling and whispering to their friends. youngjae's ears start heating up and he turns to the teacher to ask where he should sit. 

"uhhm, you can sit right in front of wang." the teacher says, motioning to the empty seat infront of an over excited boy in a snapback. his hat says 'wang' and youngjae wonders if this estatic boy is okay. but on his way to his seat he realizes how close he actually is to the really mean tall boy and his makeout partner. youngjae tugs at his bottom lip with his teeth and turns to sit in front of 'wang'. 

"hi youngjae! my name's jackson wang! wang jackson! i'm from hong kong, land of the egg tarts. hong kong is like really humid so i'm glad that korea actually has seasons! in hong kong airport there's like a hotel that connects to it and it's really cool, i've never been there but i heard it's really nice! (A/N: it really is.) and in the hong kong airport there's this really good resturaunt called Crystal Jade and that's like the best place to get xiao long bao (sorry i don't know the english translation)! my house has a pool." jackson smiles, finishing his speech about his home town. youngjae blinks and then starts laughing. 

youngjae is told that his laugh is really cute, it's either silent or extremely loud. his mouth opens really big and his eyes kind of dissappear. even though people say it's adorable, he hates it, and that's why he always tries to mask it. but with jackson, he really can't. he knows he's going to have trouble paying attention in class this year since he's sitting in front of this absolute dork. 

so when youngjae laughs, even jackson shuts up. everyone in the room slowly turns around to look at youngjae laughing. though they can't look for long since youngjae has a habit of squatting down (asian squat) and folding into like a little ball while laughing. when youngjae finally stops laughing and the room finally starts talking again, youngjae gets up from his little squat and introduces himself. 

"hi, i'm choi youngjae. i'm from mokpo, they have good ddeokbokki?" he says, a little confused about what mokpo really is known for. "i have an older sister and she's engaged." youngjae smiles, sending jackson a cute boxy smile and his eyes folding into an adorable eyesmile. jackson grins and starts talking once more. 

"has anyone told you you're really cute? like your laugh is adorable and your smile is like the taeyang." jackson says, grinning while talking. youngjae furrows his eyebrows. did he hear him correctly? 

"wait did you just say taeyang? like the big bang taeyang?" youngjae asks, giggling. jackson's face scrunches up in confusion. 

"hah what? no like the big yellow ball in the sky taeyang." jackson says, face still confused. youngjae pauses for a bit before laughing and folding into a ball again. once again, the whole entire class turns around to look. 

"t-taeyang. jackson said t-taeyang is the sun. like i know he's a foreigner and all..." youngjae stutters while hiccuping with laughter and not finishing his sentence due to shortness of breath. 

jackson crouches down to meet youngjae's eyes to observe him while he's laughing. jackson starts laughing too, like a little hyena. this makes youngjae start to laugh even more, slowly falling over in his little ball form. the both of them are literally on the floor while laughing, each person causing eachother to laugh even more. by the time they stop laughing, youngjae is curled up into a fetus postion with his head resting on jackson's stomach. youngjae realizes his position and jolts up, apologizing. while doing so he hits his head on the table and starts in pain. jackson starts laughing again and youngjae starts giggling at jackson's hyena laugh. in a couple of minutes they're both basically crying from trying to hold in their laughter. 

"jackson-sshi. youngjae-sshi." a stern voice interrupts them. youngjae looks to his left to see the pants of the teacher. 

"i get it that he's new and you want to bond but please just shut up." mr. kim says, frowning slightly but with a glint of amusement hidden in his eyes. 

youngjae beams and giggles slightly. "sorry mr. kim." youngjae smiles. mr. kim slightly smiles at the pure innocence and adorableness but fights against it. he walks back down the aisle and heads back to the front of the class to give instructions. 

younjae turns around and beams at jackson. he knows that this year might not be as bad as he thought after all. 

during all this, however, he failed to notice the pair of eyes drilling into the back of his head. 

 

A/N: if you didn't know, i'm chinese. if u were confused in this chapter, the word sun in korean is spelled the same ways as Taeyang but pronounced slightly different. that's why youngjae was laughing so much.