Chapter - 2

The Fallen Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It has been a month since the angel left or rather disappeared. It doesn't bother Baekhyun nevertheless, he remains unfazed. One thing that bothers him, though very trivial, is the scar that Chanyeol left on his ear, his teeth mark which seems to be forming peculiar patterns with each passing day. Baekhyun sighs as he looks at himself in the mirror, his lithe body becoming weak and feeble. He lifts up his shirt to expose his pale lean tummy and tilts his head, "I guess I can't do anything about it now. Wanting to have muscles is impossible." 

 

He always has a weird incoherent dream that would disturb him every night. It always occurs in an abandoned bungalow where Baekhyun is stranded and his demeanour very dishevelled and that muddled words of a stranger constantly poking at his mind, you will suffer......... the demon has arisen....... Baekhyun screams only to find that his whole body is bleeding, scars adorning his pale skin, the patterns in his ear glowing. His screams are not heard, it's like the darkness is swallowing his screams rendering him helpless. 

 

Although Baekhyun is dying, he doesn't want to give up his job. He is the type to work hard and never give up. His parents, and his only brother Baekboem love Baekhyun dearly and they were literally on the floor pleading Baekhyun vehemently to just give up working and spend time with them, so that way he can take good rest, but Baekhyun wouldn't budge.

 

"You need to rest, Baekhyun-ah! Live with us, please!" his mother had wailed, snagging her son's wrist quite tightly not wanting to let go. Baekboem, his beloved brother, watches them in apprehension. 

 

"Mom, I'm gonna live only for merely a year. So let me just live my life normally for once! I don't want to be bed-ridden for all my life!" Baekhyun snaps back.

 

"But son, I-" 

 

"Mother. Please." Baekhyun gently removes his mother's hand and takes his luggage in hand. He walks out of his parents' house, with a tear or two wetting his cheeks.

 

Thinking back, Baekhyun is very content with what he had done, yes, moving away from his family. He doesn't want to see them getting sad with constantly having to treat his weak body. He just wants to live at the moment and not care about the disease. Because looking too much into the future can only pierce the soul with pain and depression, but on the other hand living at the moment brings happiness and calmness. He just wants to do that, be happy today and don't care about what the future holds. 

 

With a shopping bag in one hand, Baekhyun fumbles with his pocket to reach for his house keys. When he retrieves the keys, he lazily opens the door. Something moves on the floor. He narrows his eyes and turns around to see someone in a hoodie and sweatpants lying on the ground, outside his house. Some stupid drunkard, he thinks. When he is about to step in, a big calloused hand grabs him by his ankle, murmuring "Stop..."

 

Baekhyun would kick away, but somehow, he squats down to the stranger's level. "How much did you drink?"

 

When the stranger looks up, Baekhyun's eyes widen in surprise and bewilderment. "You...." he quickly takes off the stranger's hood. His eyes widen even more, "C-Chanyeol..." he breathes.

 

"I thought you disappeared somewhere..." Baekhyun knits his eyebrows together when he eyes the angel's face more closely. Chanyeol looks human, a very healthy human. He slowly slips his hand inside Chanyeol's hoodie to find that his wings are not there anymore. "What happened to you?!"

 

Chanyeol smiles, "I am disguised as a human."

 

"Is that even possible...? I thought you were slowly turning into a demon. Also, you almost -" Baekhyun cleared his throat, "killed me..."

 

"So many things happened in that short span of time, Baekhyun."

 

"W-What happened..?" Baekhyun gasps, "Don't tell me... You killed people...?" 

 

"You fool." Chanyeol chuckles, "Since you did not want to mate with me..." he stares deep into Baekhyun's brown orbs, "I mated with many beautiful women."

 

Baekhyun doesn't buy any of that, "Don

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter