Step by Step

Step by Step

When I’m watching a movie by myself

when I’m eating by myself
When I’m walking by myself, I think of you
In case you find out, I try not to call you
But I keep thinking about your smile when you look at me

Does he know? Does she know how I feel?

I catch my heart but it keeps running around
It feels like my heart will explode

So I’m afraid every day

 

 

“Junyoung hyung! I finally mastered the scorpion dance! Do you want to see it!? Manager Hyung told me that I can use this dance move for our special stage with Nine Muses noonas!” A very excited Minwoo bounced to Junyoung’s side on the couch as he entered the hyung dorm. The boy had a bright smile on his face even after having a long day of dance practice, trainings and schedules. Junyoung often wondered how he could still have such a bright smile even though he was so tired.

 

Junyoung looked up from his phone the moment he heard Minwoo’s voice. He looked at the excited boy and smiled at him waiting for to dance for him. As Minwoo did the scorpion dance for him, Junyoung couldn’t help but feel proud and fall even deeply in love with the boy. How can someone look so cute and cool at the same time?

 

Junyoung had been in love with the boy ever since he first saw Minwoo’s UCC video by accident. He instantly fell in love with his voice, the smile that never left the boys face, the powerful dance movements. Junyoung knew that he had fallen deeper than he had for any other girls he had liked in the past as they started training together more often. Junyoung kept quiet about his feelings for the boy, but it somehow was very obvious to the rest of the members how he had felt for him.

 

 

 

One step, I want to hold your hand,

Two step, I want to tell you my story
With you, who is wearing pretty clothes,

Step by step, I want to share

One step, I may seem like a fool,

Two step, I may seem naive
But I want to hug you, step by step,

 

 

 

“So how is it, hyung?” Junyoung jumped slightly, the dancer was right in front of him blinking with his big eyes and grinning at him. Junyoung smiled and wrapped his arms around the dancer’s thin waist. “You did awesome as always, Minwoo-ya.” Minwoo’s eyes brighten up after hearing Junyoung’s words.

 

 “Thanks hyung! I’m sticky! I’m going to go upstairs and shower! Have a good rest hyung!” Minwoo pulled away from Junyoung and bounced out of the living room and out of the door.

 

Junyoung stared at Minwoo’s retreating back and slumped back onto the couch which he was sitting on. Why is it that my heart always trembles when he is around. I wonder if Minwoo feels the same way I feel for him. Junyoung pondered to himself as he felt a weight sitting next to him on the couch.

 

“Brother, you are so in love~” Kevin sings to Junyoung as he looks at Junyoung’s lovestruck face. Junyoung’s face instantly turned red as he turns to look at Kevin. “What are you talking about hyung!” Junyoung covers his face with his hands.

 

“It’s obvious, with the way you looked at him when he danced in front of you. You probably didn’t even notice that we were all peeking out of our room, because all you can see is Minwoo. We know bro, we know.” Kevin pats Junyoung’s back as he stood up walking to the dining room to get a glass of water.

 

“Kevin hyung!” Kevin turns to look over his shoulder at the leader, giving a questioning look. Kevin obviously didn’t expect the lather to ask a favour from him. That’s because Moon Junyoung never asks favours from s. Of course being Kevin, he gladly agreed to help.

 

 

 

I want to have your everything.

I want to hug you, I want to have you,

I want to know everything about you
I get greedy, I start to sweat,

When I think of you, I go into a dilemma
I want to do the things that I imagine and more, always
Be with me during my day, in this spacious world, for always

 

 

 

Junyoung walked down the street on his only off day before the end of the year music shows. He looked around trying to look for the perfect gift to give Minwoo on ZE:A’s special day. It was a special day for all the members, but it’s going to be an even more special for the both of them. Junyoung entered a shop that sold caps. Minwoo loves caps, he can’t go anywhere without bringing a cap along with him. Junyoung walked around the counter as he saw a sign that says “Customisation of caps, available in 2 weeks after ordering.”

 

Junyoung snapped his fingers and smiled as he walked out of the shop. Moving on as he looked for more gifts for Minwoo. He walked pass an accessory shop and decided to enter it, since Minwoo happened to be a huge fan of accessories as well. He looked around the shop and nothing seemed to have caught his eyes. As he was about to walk out of the shop, something caught his attention at the corner of his eyes. He walked towards it and picked it up. This is the perfect gift. He thought to himself.

 

Junyoung continued his shopping until he had everything he needed, before heading back to the dorm for his meeting with s. They were going to plan for his surprise party with Minwoo. They chose this day because they all knew that Minwoo would be coming home late, as he had dance practice to be at.

 

 

 

When will you know my heart?

When will you know that I only have eyes for you?
I want to approach you little by little,

Though I’m afraid every day

One step, I may seem like a fool,

Two step, I may seem naive
But I want to hug you, step by step,

I want to have your everything

 

 

 

 

Just one day before their 4th year anniversary, every member was busy. Even though it was 10am, you could see Minwoo dancing and practicing his moves in front of the mirror. Kevin, Hyungshik and Dongjun were practicing their song and harmonising. Kwanghee was busy fixing his makeup, Siwan was warming up his vocal cords. Taehun and Heechul were practicing their rap. Junyoung, well.. Junyoung was busy staring at Minwoo and thinking about prepping himself for the next day.

 

“Kevin hyung, are you sure everything will be all right? Minwoo wouldn’t know right?” Junyoung had pulled Kevin out of the room, the moment the boy ended his practice with the maknaes. “Don’t you worry, Minwoo wouldn’t know a thing, trust us.” Kevin winked at his leader, flashing him a smile and walking back into the practice room.

 

Junyoung can’t help but worry about his plans. He was afraid that Minwoo would come to know about it. He walked back into the practice room to see Minwoo resting on a chair, with the fan blowing at him. He walked over and sat on Minwoo’s leg, and as always, Minwoo wrapped his arms around him. It was not an uncommon sight, the members always had a habit for sitting on each other’s lap.

 

“Junyoung hyung, are you okay? Is something bothering you? You seem out of it today.” Minwoo says as he rests his head on his hyung’s shoulder. “Nothing is wrong, Minwoo-ya.” Junyoung patted on Minwoo’s head and Minwoo smiled brightly at his hyung. Tomorrow’s plan is going to be a success, and he will finally be mine! Junyoung thought to himself. Junyoung was worried. He couldn’t help it, what if Minwoo rejected him? Tomorrow is the day he is going to confess to Minwoo after all.

 

 

 

We’re still not that close, I’m still very shy toward you
I will take my time, hoping for the days to be with you
To me, you and I are already one, all day, I think about you a lot
If it’s for you, I’m not afraid, without changing, I just wanna…

 

 

 

“Happy 4th Anniversary, ZE:A!” The fans shouted as the members and fans gathered together at a fan meeting to celebrate ZEA’s day. The members blew the candles on the cake together and smiled and waved at their fans. It was their 4th debut anniversary, the members bowed 90 degrees to their ever supporting fans. “Thank you everyone!” Junyoung shouts into the microphone, as they wave their fans goodbye before exiting backstage.

 

Since it was ZEA’s day, they all had an after party at a bar nearby their dorm. Junyoung signalled to s as a start of their plan. Kevin and Hyungshik would keep Minwoo busy, while the rest of the members head to the roof of their company building to prepare for the special day. Junyoung started pacing around as he waited for Kevin and Hyungshik to bring Minwoo to the roof.

 

Kwanghee noticed the leader’s evident nervousness and smacked Junyoung’s back. “Yah! Why are you so nervous for! Just calm down! Everything will be okay! Just do it as we planned!” Kwanghee walked away with an annoyed look. Junyoung was thankful, because Kwanghee evidently removed his nervousness. That’s right! Everybody worked so hard to help me for this day, I must not be nervous! Minwoo will be mine today!  

 

One Step oh eh oh oh oh Two Step oh eh oh oh oh
One Step oh eh oh oh oh Two Step, now hold my hand

 

 

“Hyung! Kevin hyung said that they are coming up now!” Dongjun said excitedly to Junyoung. Junyoung picked up the flowers that Heechul had placed on the chair and waited. He hid the bouquet behind his back as the door to the rooftop opened. “Wah, what’s going on here hyung?” Junyoung could hear Minwoo asking. The members just kept quiet.

 

As Minwoo walked in, Kevin gave Minwoo a customised snapback hat with “Minwoo” written on top and “ZE:A” printed on the underside of the hat. Kwanghee took out a coat and covered Minwoo with it. As Minwoo walked pass Siwan and Heechul, the fairy lights came on and they each gave him a rose. Finally, when he walked pass Taehun, Hyungshik and Dongjun. The words “Will you be mine?” flashed behind Junyoung’s back.

 

Minwoo covered his mouth from shock as Junyoung took out the bouquet from behind his back. Junyoung got down on his knees, opening a box and took out a ring.

 

“Minwoo-ah, I know this might come as a shock to you, but I have loved you for a long time. Ever since I first called you at 2am, I knew you were the one for me. I had never loved someone so badly before. I love it when you danced, your smile, your tears, I love it when you hug me and call me hyung. I don’t want to love you from afar anymore. Let me love you openly from now on. Will you be mine?” Junyoung held up the bouquet of flowers, and the ring looking lovingly at Minwoo.

 

Junyoung was shocked when he saw tears rolling down Minwoo’s eyes. Did he do something wrong? Does he not love me back? Those thoughts started flying into Junyoung’s mind. “Hyung…” Minwoo sobbed. Junyoung stood up and hugged Minwoo. “I’m sorry Minwoo, Don’t cry anymore, hyung won’t do it again.”

 

Minwoo shook his head as he pulled away from Junyoung. He looked him in the eye and said. “I never knew you felt the same way as I did. I always thought it was a one-sided love. Kevin hyung always told me that it’s not, but I didn’t believe him… Yes, I will be yours. I love you hyung.” Minwoo stuck out his hands to Junyoung, and Junyoung places the ring into his finger.

 

“Finally, you are mine. We both have been fools haven’t we? Running around in circles” Junyoung wiped the tears off Minwoo’s cheeks and leaned in for a kiss. The ZEA members cheered as they kissed. It was painful watching the both of them loving each other in silent. They just needed a push, and they got it. Their love story had just began.

 

 

One step, as I look into your eyes, two step, I will hug you and tell you
That I’ll always be your man, step by step, I really love you
One step, when you’re tired and struggling, two step, till the end of this world
I’ll be with you by your side, step by step, I love you