160701 | Sunrise and Sunsets

62 Detour Lane
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was the last day of school and only 30 minutes left until summer vacation. The classroom is cramped as it is tight. It was barely impossible to breathe. Normally, students would rage into their friend’s classrooms to talk to them and have fun.

In this case, Jaebum’s classroom, unfortunately, is the only one with a working projector and air conditioner. Resulting in around 50 students huddled up together either watching a movie on the floor and throwing paper planes in the back. It was elementary all over again.

However, this time, the students were more than excited to rush out of the gates. Soon, their studying life would be done and they wouldn’t have to hit the books anymore. It was their last day of university. You would think that Jaebum couldn’t be any more relieved.

In Jaebum’s case, he had to take up another year of studying English in America. He would have to pursue a company there in which his father works in. English is a core language in order for Jaebum to be successful. While everyone is happy, going off to have fun on their own, Jaebum would still have his head on the table, pens in his hands and notes in his bag.

The sound of the clock ticking were inaudible. It helplessly camouflaged with the vociferous laughter of the kids in the back of the class, followed by countless ‘shushes’  from the avid movie fans sat at the front. Jaebum had nothing better to do than lay around on his desk.

The whole grade was most probably in this class doing some type of loud activity. He didn’t want to risk going out of the classroom and missing an important message even if that scenario is most likely impossible.

His head propped out and glancing around the classroom, he spotted a short male by the door. The door was left open, to allow more space ( It didn’t help much anyway ), but a tiny frame was hiding behind the walls.

His hair hung down over his eyes and the student’s tiny lips couldn’t belong to anyone else. Jaebum knew for sure the timid boy was no other than Choi Youngjae. In an attempt to call the boy over, another senior, slid in front of Jaebum’s sight. “Hey…you’re blocking my view” The older mumbled, his head peeking over the annoying friend sat across him.

“I’m your view” Jackson, the “annoying friend” growled in response. “Anyway, I heard you and Youngjae are going on a road trip. Fact or not fact?” Jackson smirked. His legs were hanging off the back of a chair as his hands lean on the back rest.

“Fact” Jaebum answered bluntly, still attempting to find Youngjae again, but no sign of him was visible. “Now tell me Jaebum Hyung,” The blonde sneered, a sinister chuckle flowing out from him “, do you like Youngjae?”

“He’s my friend of course I like him” Jackson just huffed in response, standing up as he screams towards his group of friends. “ but maybe a little more than that” Jaebum follows, speaking to himself once Jackson had left the desk.

It was then he heard a small, light cough in front of him. Youngjae’s. “It’s cold here Hyung, and cramped, and tight. It smells bad. I don’t like it here” The voice was so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter