4-chapter

If only...

After finding a hole-in-the-wall café and eating one very sketchy, very good suspicious hamburger, I went back to the hotel. I needed to compose a very detailed e-mail about the meeting for my boss. For being my first time doing a sale, I think it went pretty well! I could even answer all of the questions thrown at me by the scary executives. All in all, I had a pretty good day.

 

Except…

 

What was up with JB? Why would he stop a random woman in the middle of the street and ask the most senseless question? This has been on my mind ever since he uttered “Nothing” and walked away. I mean, I’m not complaining or anything! I talked to JB!!! But, why did he talk to me? Was it because I literally walked into him? Or did he do that on purpose? Or…? What if…? Ugh! I’m getting a headache!!

 

Why am I even thinking about this? Again!

 

I need to concentrate in the reason why I’m here. My job.

 

…..

 

It is morning and I have a hangover. I couldn’t stop thinking about JB and why, why, why did I ordered that 5th bottle of soju?! Why?!

I get out of bed, turn on my laptop and, while it’s loading, I go into the bathroom. My reflection looks awful! It definitely mirrors how I feel. I use the toilet, brush my teeth and brush my hair. There: I look somewhat alive!

My laptop dings with an email notification. It’s from a rep at JYPE. They want to meet with me again today, at 9am.

9am?! That’s, like, in 15 minutes! Oh god! I rush to get dressed and presentable. I end up wearing a knee-length black skirt and a purple button-up blouse, paired with black stylish boots. My hair goes in a ponytail and I’m done. Nothing fancy, I don’t have time for that.

8:55am – I am walking out of the hotel. Thank God JYPE is located a couple of blocks from the hotel! Through the front doors, to the reception area I go.

“Hi, I’m here to meet with the Senior VP of Administration”, I tell the woman behind the desk. While she is phoning the VP, or someone, I look around. The area has the same vibes as yesterday. Idols and producers go to and from wherever they have to be.

The front door catches my attention. Well, not the doors, but who are walking through them. Jackson walks in, followed closely by Bambam and Yugyeom. The last two seem too engrossed looking at something on Bambam’s cellphone. Youngjae and Junior are next. JB and Mark follow them, talking about something.

I try to look away, but my eyes are stuck on them. These are the idols I’ve always wanted to meet. But I am a realist. I know it might never happen. Which is why, when JB looks up and stares right at me, I blush and look behind me. Maybe he wants to talk to the receptionist? But she is still on the phone, looking down at her desk. So I turn back around and see that now he is telling something to Mark, while still looking my way.

Stop it, Diana! I turn back to the receptionist, tapping my fingers, wanting to get out of there as soon as possible.

It seems that my prayers were answered when the woman told me to go ahead. “Take the elevators to the 5th floor. Someone will meet you there”.

“Thanks!” I say and start walking away. I look back to where I saw GOT7, but they were nowhere to be found.

Sighing with disappointment, I press the up button and wait for the elevator.

I was starting to hum while waiting, when I feel a presence behind me.

“Looks like you’re back!”  someone ways.