Haunted House: Welcome to the Family

Cotton Candy Shot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I'm all out of creative juices for these one shots 'cause I haven't been looking at prompts recently, but here's a kind of crack christmas chapter

"Tiffany!"

The American opened the door and was immediately engulfed in a stifling hug by her best friend Jessica. Behind her, Jessica's girlfriend Yuri looked at her apologetically.

"I haven't seen you in so long, babe! How have you been?" Jessica finally broke the hug, smiling eagerly at Tiffany.

Tiffany smiled back. Jessica really was the best friend. She was the first person Tiffany had met when she had first come to Korea and they became close friends all throughout high school, then college. They'd been close for years and since Jessica was the closest thing to family Tiffany had in Korea, the rest of her family being in America, Jessica was pretty protective of her despite her reputation as a cold ice princess. She had been extremely worried and completely disapproved of Tiffany's decision to move out on her own. Tiffany insisted though, since she wanted to give Yuri and Jessica, her roomates, some privacy, and to gain inspiration for her art pieces. Jessica was ok with her best friend moving out on her own, but she didn't expect her to move to Jeonju, a small town hours away from Seoul. Now, seeing they were meeting for the first time in months for Christmas and Jessica was going to inspect Tiffany's new life, her new house, and her new girlfriend.

"I'm good."

"No longer a starving artist, huh?" Jessica smiled proudly.

Tiffany's dark, sad, and meaningful paintings had gained recognition over the past few months, and she no longer had to live on her parents' money. Though she wasn't anywhere near famous, many of her paintings had been sold and even a few of her previous pieces had been sold after the success of the ones painted in her new house.

"Yeah. I've painted a few more these past few weeks. Come in, I'll show them to you" Tiffany invited. She was nervous-it was as if her parents were coming over and scrutinizing her life. Jessica and Yuri were close enough to her parents, anyways.

Jessica stalked around the house, peering at pictures and tsking at clothes haphazardly discarded on the floor. Yuri followed her girlfriend, looking at little baubles and items, but with a sense of curiosity instead of Jessica's suspicion.

Tiffany followed behind nervously. Taeyeon had come down the stairs silently, holding her human girlfriend's hand reassuringly despite her own nerves. Though it wasn't like Tiffany could tell;Taeyeon's hand felt cold and, well, lifeless on a normal day anyways.

"Have you told them yet?" Taeyeon whispered to her girlfriend.

"No, I'm waiting for the right time. Um...could you hide for a sec? I don't wanna scare them."

Taeyeon giggled quietly. "Tiff, I'm a ghost. Scaring is what I'm supposed to do."

Tiffany smiled back and shooed her girlfriend away, watching her fade a little before silently making her way up the stairs.

Thankfully, neither Jessica nor Yuri noticed, having just walked into the kitchen.

"Hmm...not a bad fridge... there's lots of food. You don't go out much, do you Tiff?"

"Um...no," Tiffany said awkwardly.

"So you stay at home?"

"Yeah?"

"All the time?"

"Yeah?"

Tiffany fidgeted as Jessica looked her up and down judgementally before the girl sighed and moved on to the living room. Yuri and Tiffany shared a glance. 

"Save me," Tiffany mouthed to Yuri.

"Sorry, appa can't help you here," Yuri shrugged.

Jessica looked at the large christmas tree in the middle of the living room. It was a sharp contrast to the dark, gloomy feel of the outside of the house. Jessica smiled, inspecting a particular ornament hung on the tree.

"You still have this?"

Tiffany and Yuri walked over to see what had interested her so much. It was an old ring from an arcade. Yuri and Jessica had taken Tiffany to the place near their school one Christmas. Jessica wanted to get away from her stuffy, business oriented Christmas parties and the stiff family reunion dinners, Yuri wanted to escape the constant pressure about finding a boyfriend or getting good grades from her family, and Tiffany was alone and had nowhere to go. So the little rag tag family skipped their way to the nearly empty arcade and played as many games as they could with the change they had(They wouldn't let Jessica pay for all of it, no matter how rich she was).

"Jess, Yul...you guys have to get home now. It's late. Your families will be wondering where you are."

"No they won't," Jessica dismissed flippantly.

"They'll only be worried that my bad b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter