Sorry I Love You

Sorry I Love You

"Miss Song," the pharmacist at the counter called her. Heechan stood up and went to the counter. "This is your medicine. Take it when needed only. And your next appointment is next month on 1st of August,"the pharmacist said. Heechan took the medicine. "Thank you," she said before leaving.

 

She walked through the crowd. It was loud but she couldn't hear anything. Heechan felt like a loner and loser at that time. She bumped into a few people through the street, but she just walked away like that without turning back.

 

"Unnie!" she heard a familiar voice. Heechan tried to ignore it. "Heechan unnie!"the voice rang again. 'No, please don't,' she didn't dare to turn back. "Why are you ignoring me?" the owner of the voice was now stood beside her while hugged her hand.

 

Heechan just looked at the girl beside her. The girl was wearing a school uniform and had a long hair. "Are you heading home, unnie? Let's go together," the girl said while still hugging her hand. Heechan just looked at the girl beside her without saying anything.

 

"Da-dahyun ah. Kim Dahyun," Heechan finally speak. The girl stared at her. "You're acting weird, unnie. Why do you keep staring on the shops?" Dahyun looked on her right. Heechan shook her head. "No-nothing. How was your school?" Heechan asked. "Uhm, nothing interesting. Just like the other day," Dahyun said. Along the journey, it was only Dahyun that talked while the other just remained silent.

 

"We're home," Heechan said after unlocked the door. "Welcome home, my beloved dongsaengs," a voice came from the kitchen. "Nayeon unnie! What did you cook for dinner?" Dahyun hopped toward the kitchen. "I cooked Heechan's favourite dish, seafood stew," Nayeon came out from the kitchen while holding a pot before put it down on the table. "I'm going to be in my room," Heechan walked soulessly. Dahyun and Nayeon exchanged gazes.

 

Heechan locked her door and went in front of the mirror. She was breathing heavily and clenched her chest. 'What should I do? These things are killing me,' Heechan reached for her bag and took out her medicine. After took out a few tablets, she swallowed it. She took a deep breath and lied on her bed.

 

"Unnie," Dahyun said while standing in front of her bed. "Oh? Oh, what is it?" Heechan sat up. "Let's eat," she said. "Hmm? Oh, please tell Nayeon unnie, I'm not feeling very well right now. I think I'll just go to sleep," Heechan covered her body with her comforter. "But.. Okay, then," Heechan heard Dahyun's voice before hearing the door was closed. Heechan shut her eyes before heading to dreamland.

 

It was 11.45 pm when Heechan woke up. 'Ugh, I'm hungry!' Heechan went into the kitchen. She opened the cupboard and found a packet of ramyun. 'This would do,' she thought. After finished cooking, she went to the table. Suddenly, she saw Nayeon came out from her room. "Heechan-ah, you already woke up and you are eating...ramyun?" she asked. "Umm, yeah? Why you are not sleeping yet?". "I woke up and feeling thirsty somehow," Nayeon went into the kitchen to get a glass of water before sitting beside Heechan. Heechan just ate quietly while staring at her food.

 

"Ehem, Heechan ah. Can I ask you something?" Nayeon voiced out. "Sure," Heechan still looking at her food. "Do you have any problem? You are acting really weird lately. It's not like you anymore. If you have any problems, you can share it with me," Nayeon looked at the girl beside her.

 

Heechan raised her head and stared at Nayeon for a few seconds. "It's not a big deal. Just got a lot of assignments and finals are coming, so I'm a little bit stressed. Sorry for worrying you," she smiled a bit. "Thank god. I thought you are having a serious problem. Don't worry. You've got me and Dahyun. We will always be here to help you," Nayeon patted her back.

 

"Unnie, it's getting late. I've got some work to do," Heechan stood up and washed her dishes before went back into her room. 'This pain is so unbearable. Why the medicine is not working?' she took out her medicine and eat them. She was sweating and lied on her bed before fell asleep.

 

The next morning, Heechan sent Dahyun to school using her bike. "Thank you, unnie. Have a nice day," Dahyun put the helmet in the basket. "Yeah, you too. Study hard," she patted Dahyun's head. "Okay bye," Dahyun walked towards the gate while waving at her. After that, she disappeared.

"Heechan unnie!" someone called her. She wiped her tears before turned around. "Oh, Chaeyoung-ah!" it was Dahyun's friend. "What are you doing here?" Chaeyoung asked. " Sending.. Oh, damn! I'm late. See you later, Chaeyoung!" Heechan sped off leaving Chaeyoung speechless

 

Heechan didn't give any attention to the classes. She was spacing out all the time until her bestfriend, Jihyo elbowed her. "Ouch, what?" Heechan said. Jihyo  pointed at the lecturer that stood in front of her desk.

 

"Yes, miss Song. Can you help me solve the problems on the board?" Profesor Park said. Heechan looked at the board and gulped. "I'm sorry, Prof. I-I don't know," she looked down. "You were spacing out the entire time, of course you wouldn't know. Meet me at the office after my class, miss Song," Prof. Park said before walked back to the front.

 

Heechan sighed. "What's wrong with you?" Jihyo whispered. "You know what exactly happened to me," Heechan said softly. Jihyo looked at her friend and smiled weakly. "I'm always here for you, friend. You can cry on me. But not now. After the class, " Jihyo said. Heechan chuckled while holding her tears back.

 

After the class, she went to the office to see Prof. Park immediately. "Where is Prof. Park Jinyoung's room?" Heechan asked the lady at the counter. She went to the room after got the directions.

 

Heechan knocked the door twice before entering the room. The profesor was reading a book. "So, Miss Song Heechan. I think you know why I'd called you, right?" the man asked. "Yes, prof. I was not paying attention during the class," Heechan said. Prof. Park sighed before saying "Miss Song, you are one of my best student. I know the pain that you are bearing right now is too much. But I want you to focus. Think about your future,". "Yes, I understand, prof.," her eyes on the floor.

 

After a few lectures from the profesor, Heechan finally made out of the office. 'You guys don't know what I'm going through right now. It is easy to just say than do it. I'm trying, okay?' she talked to herself along the journey going home.

 

Heechan arrived in front of her house. She held on the door's knob. But she didn't turn it. After a few minutes, she decided not to enter her house. It would make her mind became messier. So, she decided to go to the rooftop.

 

Heechan spreaded her arms and felt the night's wind. Suddenly, she felt a warm tear fell by the corner of her eyes. 'No, I'm not going to hold my tears anymore. It was too painful,' she cried.

 

.

 

Three months ago,

Nayeon, Heechan and Dahyun were getting ready to have a picnic at the beach. They were so excited and made a lot of preparations. Little did they know, it was their last day together.

 

One month later,

"Someone called the doctor. Her hands are moving!"she heard Jihyo's voice. But she saw nothing. Heechan felt like there were stones on her head. She tried to open her eyes but it was blurry. "She'd opened her eyes. Doctor doctor!" Jihyo's voice were so loud. Heechan blinked a few times before saw a white room. It looked like she was in hospital.

 

The doctor stood by her. "Do you hear me?" The doctor said. She nodded. "What is your name?" the doctor asked again. "S-song Heechan," she said. "Whe-where are my si-s-sisters?" Heechan asked. "I'm sorry, miss Song. The taxi that you rode was hit by a truck. Your sisters didn't make it. Only you were saved in the accident," the doctor said.

 

.

 

Present.

 

"Why?! Why did you guys have to me alone in this world?" she screamed her lung out. "Don't you guys know that it was really hard for me?" She wiped her tears.

 

.

 A few days ago.

 

"Doctor, I think I'm crazy. I kept seeing my late sisters. It's like they are still here," Heechan said to the psychologist. "No, you're not crazy. It's just that your heart and mind don't want to let them go. You love 'em too much," the doctor said. " Doctor, please give me a medicine. A strong one, so I wouldn't see them anymore," Heechan said.

 

.

 

"You're acting weird, unnie. Why do you keep staring on the shops?" Dahyun looked on her right. Heechan just stared at the reflection. It was only herself. How come Dahyun was in front of her?

 

.

 

Present.

 

Heechan stood on the rail. "I've make a decision. I'm coming to you guys. Just wait," she closed her eyes. "No, don't do it," Nayeon said. Heechan was shocked. She looked on her right. Nayeon was standing beside her. "Yeah, unnie's right. You shouldn't waste your life," it was Dahyun standing on her left.

 

"But it's really hurt. Without you guys by my side," she said. "Who said we are not by your side? We are here and always here. As long as you remember us," Nayeon pointed to her heart. "Just close your eyes and we'll be there for you. Always," Dahyun said. "Like I've said before You've got me and Dahyun. We will always be here to help you," Nayeon smiled and held Heechan's right hand. While Dahyun took her left hand.

 

"We don't want you to be sad because of us. Maybe our way stopped here but not yours. Cherish the moment while it lasted. Make new friends. You deserved to be happy," Nayeon spreaded her arms and closed her eyes. "We love you," Dahyun followed. Heechan smiled and followed them. When she opened her eyes, the two of them were gone. "Goodbye, sisters," Heechan got down from the rail. She went into her house and that was not the last time she saw them. They were always be with her in her heart.