Destiny

Destiny

"Why did you kill him?" Jeongyeon looked straight into her eyes. "Song Heechan, why did you kill Jeon Jungkook?! Answer me!"Jeongyeon slammed the desk. The said person remained silent. Jeongyeon sighed. "Because of her. I killed him to protect her," Heechan raised her head. "Her?" Jeongyeon asked. "Tzuyu. Chou Tzuyu," Heechan smirked.

 

1 month ago.

 

Heechan put down the helmet and wiped beads of sweats formed on her forehead. "Unnie!" a voice called her. It was her dongsaeng's voice. Well, not blood related but they grew up together and she was the only family she had.

 

Heechan smiled and turned around. But her smile faded when she saw a boy walking with her dongsaeng, Tzuyu. Tzuyu waved at her. Heechan waved back while kept staring at the boy.

 

"Unnie, you are early today," Tzuyu said. "Yes, my Boss daughter got sick, so he closed the restaurant early today. By the way, Tzuyu," Heechan looked at the boy. "Oh, Jungkook, this is my unnie, Song Heechan. Unnie, this is Jeon Jungkook," Tzuyu said. "Nice to meet you, noona," Jungkook smiled. Heechan didn't satisfied by her introduction, so she kept staring at Tzuyu. Tzuyu sighed and whispered to Heechan. "He is my boyfriend," Tzuyu said. Heechan's eyes widen. She looked at the boy from hair to toes repeatedly.

 

"And where are you going at this hour? It's freaking 9.00 p.m," Heechan asked. "Oh, unnie. There's a party at Chaeyoungie's house. Please. I promise you everything's will be fine," Tzuyu pleaded. Heechan sighed. "Fine. Be at home before 11.00 p.m. That's all the time I give you," Heechan said in stern voice. "Thanks, unnie. Love you," Tzuyu hugged her. Heechan smiled. She watched as Tzuyu and Jungkook walked away. Her smile faded when two of them disappeared. 'Jeon Jungkook? What's with this feeling?' Heechan shrugged.

 

Present.

 

"That was the first time I met him," Heechan crossed her arm. "What did he do actually that make you kill him?" Jeongyeon asked. "He was a jerk, , ing douchebag,"Heechan said.

 

2 weeks ago.

 

Heechan heard a sobbing sound as soon as she entered her house. "Tzuyu?" she went into Tzuyu's room. Tzuyu was hugging her knees on her bed. She went straight to her and asked "What happened?". "Unnie, what are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be at the restaurant?" Tzuyu said while still hiding her face. "Today is Sunday, stupid," Heechan knocked Tzuyu's head slightly. "Ouh," Tzuyu said. Heechan became suspicious towards the girl.

 

"Show me your face, Tzuyu," Heechan said. Tzuyu shook her head. "I don't like to repeat what I've said, Chou Tzuyu," Heechan raised her voice.

 

Tzuyu raises her head. Heechan's eyes became widen when she saw her dongsaeng's beautiful face covered by bruises. "Who did this?" Heechan asked in a concerned voice. "I just fell, unnie," Tzuyu smiled weakly. Heechan hugged her. "Please be more careful, next time," Heechan patted her. Tzuyu felt relieved. Little did she know, Heechan's face now was like a psychotic murderer. Her eyes became red. 'Jeon Jungkook,' she said in her mind.

 

Present.

 

"So, you killed him because he abused Tzuyu?" Jeongyeon asked. Heechan chuckled. "That was only a beginning. He also cheated behind her with a lot of es I never knew," Heechan said.

 

1 week ago.

 

Heechan was sitting in front of the couple. Jeon Jungkook and one of his es. She was wearing a hoodie to avoid from being recognized. The sweet lovey dovey moment in front of her made her clenched her fists.

 

The boy in front of her was very dangerous. He looked like an innocent loverboy, but he was just a boy that like to abuse woman who didn't give him what he wanted. Heechan took out her phone secretly and snapped a few pictures. After she's done, she went straight home.

 

"Tzuyu, I want you to break up with Jungkook," she throwed the pictures on the table. Tzuyu just stared at the pictures and slowly picked them up. Heechan could see her eyes were b with tears. "Maybe it was his friend," Tzuyu voice was shaken.

 

"For god's sake, can you stop lying? I know what he did to you. He is the one that beat you up because you didn't want to sleep with him, right? Yes, I knew everything. Break up with him or I'll make sure that you'll never met him again. You know what I'm capable of, Chou Tzuyu," Heechan was really mad.

 

"I'm sorry, unnie. I'm really sorry. I promise to you that I'll never met him again. Please don't hurt him," Tzuyu wiped her tears. Heechan soften a little. She patted Tzuyu's head. "Hey, I just don't want him to hurt you. You are the only family I had,"Heechan said before walked into her room.

 

Present.

 

"What did you mean by that?" Jeongyeon asked. "I am Chou's adopted child. After Mr Chou's death, Mrs. Chou married a man. I don't even want to mention his name. He always abuse me physically whenever Mrs. Chou was not at home. But I didn't really mind because physical pain never affected me. One day, I found him trying to do bad things to nine year old Tzuyu. God, can you imagine that? I became really mad, so I took a knife and stabbed him a few times. I became a killer when I was eleven years old. Ain't I cool? But I tell you something. I never regret for killing a monster like him," Heechan said.

 

Jeongyeon choked at her own saliva. "So, what happened to you after that?" she asked. "Well, I was sent to juvenile of course. Tzuyu was taken care by Mrs. Chou. But unfortunately, she was dead ten months after I was released from the juvenile," Heechan said sadly . Mrs. Chou was a very good mother to her.

 

"So, did Tzuyu meet Jungkook after you warned her?" Jeongyeon asked. "Never until two days ago,"Heechan's breath suddenly became heavy.

 

Two days ago.

 

Heechan was riding her bike from her work place. At the front door, she saw a pair of unknown shoes and the door wasn't locked. She was startled when she heard a scream. "Tzuyu!" she ran fast into the house and saw Tzuyu was strangled by Jungkook on the couch.

 

Then, Heechan took a baseball bat behind the door. She walked toward Jungkook and hit his head as hard as she can. She did that for the countless time.

 

"Unnie!" she heard Tzuyu's voice. It was that time she realized what she was doing. Blood was covering the entire living room and her vision. Jungkook's body, no, Jungkook's corpse was laying in front of her. She dropped the bat and kneeling down. "AHHHH!" she screamed loudly. She killed someone..again.

 

Present.

 

"So, that's how I killed a guy named Jeon Jungkook. You should thank me because one abuser, no, two actually were reduced because of me," Heechan laughed. Jeongyeon scoffed. "Song Heechan, are you aware what you are going to face?" Jeongyeon looked at the person in front of her who was laughing. Heechan wiped the tears while still laughing. She nodded.

 

"I know, miss prosecuter. I know," Heechan said. "Your trial will be held next week. For the time being, you will be arrested," Jeongyeon said. Then, two cops entered the interrogation room and bring Heechan out of the room.

 

"Heechan unnie," Tzuyu was out of the room. Heechan raised her head and saw Tzuyu. Tzuyu wanted to say something but Heechan just shook her head and smiled. She just walked away without saying anything.

 

"Don't worry. Her punishment will be deecreased since she already confessed," Jeongyeon said before followed Heechan. "No. Not because of that," Tzuyu said under her breath. She watched Heechan before she disappeared.

 

Two days ago.

 

Heechan was riding her bike from her work. At the front door, she saw a pair of unknown shoes and the door wasn't locked. "Tzuyu?" she entered the house slowly. She was startled when she saw the Tzuyu was holding a bat and Jungkook was on the floor. There was blood going out from his head but he was still breathing.

 

Heechan was really shocked. "What have you done?!" she snatched the bat from Tzuyu's hand. "He chased me and strangled me. I-I was just trying to save myself," Tzuyu was trembling.

 

Heechan took a deep breath a few times. With bat on her hands, she hitted Jungkook's head once really hard until blood splattered on her face. "Now, call the police and said I've killed him. I'll just wait at the park, so the police can arrest me? Do you understand, Chou Tzuyu? It was me, Song Heechan that killed Jeon Jungkook ,not Chou Tzuyu,okay? " Heechan said to crying Tzuyu. Tzuyu just nodded.

 

Heechan walked towards the park and sat on the bench. "It's okay. I guess this is my destiny after all. I just need to save her. Mr and Mrs Chou, that's all I can do to protect her. Please watch her while I'm in jail," she looked at the sky and cry before police came and arrested her.