Final.

Nuvole Bianche
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

"But without you, to what am I worth? My greatest philos, my hetairos, with you everything is better, without you living endears me never. Freedom from anguish when is it? Maybe it's when justice speaks."

 

 

 

“Aren’t you scared?” Seokjin gently mumbled beside Taehyung’s ears without looking at his eyes. Taehyung shifted and faced Seokjin. “Scared of what?” he asked. 

“Of being killed in the war,” Seokjin weakly whispered, feeling himself get anxious of the thoughts that flashed to him. “Of course not,” Taehyung smiled a little, “because I know that you would always be by my side.” Taehyung grinned after that but he felt the man beside him stiffen

“But-but what if I am not by your side? What if I won’t be there for you?” Jin faced him too, eyes serious and full of concern. Taehyung’s smile faltered, frowning a little. “What do you mean? Do you wish to leave me soon? No, don’t even think about it. I would not even let you leave me,” Taehyung scowled then Jin hurriedly replied, “No, I mean, what if-what if I die first Taehyung? What if I die in another battle without you?”

Taehyung stayed still, anxiety raveling upon him too, but he was a strong man, a man of great wisdom so he strongly said to his lover, “I won’t let you die. I won’t let you be vulnerable. I will always protect you.” Albeit being strong he still can’t deny that he is scared of possibly losing his other half. In fact, he is more scared of the idea of losing Seokjin rather than his own death.

Jin’s eyes started watering, “But what about you? Taehyung, you need to think about yourself too!” he said, voice trembling. “You always think about me, have it ever occurred to you that maybe you’re taking less of yourself because I’m all that you think about?” Seokjin cried. “Seokjin, I have no weaknesses. They couldn’t harm me,” he replied with an assuring smile.

Taehyung should have known better.

 

 

 

Taehyung—he was known as the mightiest Achaean warrior, the son of Peleus, the king of Pthia in Thessaly, and Thetis, a sea-nymph and the daughter of Nereus. He was known to be dipped in the River Styx located at the underworld, making him invulnerable. He always had his other half, his best friend, and his lover since they were young. Seokjin was not any less to Taehyung, with Seokjin being the son of Menoetius, a titan god. He, as Taehyung, was also a great leader and a great warrior. He also served as Taehyung’s advisor.

 

Everyone believed that Achilles was invincible, that he had no weaknesses, but he does, everyone does.

 

 

“Master, King Donghae is here to talk to you,” a slave told him. Taehyung hummed curiously, thinking of what business Donghae, the King of Sparta, has come to discuss to him. “Where is he?” he asked with authority. “At the central courtyard, master,” the slave looked down and left when Taehyung shooed him.

“King Donghae, what should I do for you?” Taehyung teasingly said to him. Other than being the King of Sparta, he was also the husband of Dara, of whom Taehyung and Jin once took an attraction upon. “Taehyung, I did not come here for your mockery. I went here to ask for your help,” Donghae said, voice as strong as Taehyung’s. “Dara was abducted and I need your men to fight the Trojans with me,” he continued, his words getting Taehyung’s attention, for Taehyung and Jin were one of the men who swore to always protect Dara. Donghae came to him because Namjoon, Donghae’s brother, told him that if he wants to win this war, he would need the help of Taehyung, “Your wife was abducted? By whom?” he asked.

“By Jiyong.”

 

 

 

The war between the Achaeans and the Trojans started, both not wanting to back down for their own and their state’s honor.  The Achaeans fought with warriors lead by Donghae, Namjoon, Yoongi, Jungkook, Seokjin, and Taehyung while the Trojans were leaded by Joongki, the brother of Jiyong, and his father Priam.

“How long do you think would this war last?” Seokjin asked while Taehyung was mending his wounds. “I don’t really know,” Taehyung answered sadly. “I hope for it to end soon, I can’t stand more of our men dying,” Seokjin said. Seokjin was always the compassionate one between the two of them. Seokjin would always find a way just to help or save their men at battle, whilst Taehyung was the harsh and ill-tempered man, making the both of them perfect  for each other.

Taehyung looked at his beloved fondly, heart swelling of pride of how kind his lover is. Taehyung took Seokjin’s hand and kissed it, “I don’t really mind losing them, as long as I won’t lose you,” he smiled but Seokjin kicked him teasingly. “You’re practically inhumane,” Seokjin said mockingly. “But you still love me?” Taehyung asked with a smile.

“Of course,” Jin smiled then Taehyung kissed him softly, careful not to hit Seokin’s wounds. Taehyung didn’t mind the battle, but times like this makes Taehyung wish for everything to just be normal and have Seokjin by his side all-day just like the old times.

            The two stayed by each other’s side until the rays of the sun fluttered to their skins, until a new day of war started once again.

 

 

            After winning a battle, Taehyung took Hoseok as his war prize and took him as a slave. But Hoseok was scared, causing his cries of anguish caused by being lonely and of his country’s state, much more to that is that he is now held captive by his enemies.

            “Hoseok, why are you crying?” Seokjin asked him with a soft voice but Hoseok faced him with furious eyes. “Stay away from me! Because of all of you, I was away with my family, and my country is now suffering because of this impeccable pride between all of you! I should’ve been with my family by now, helping my country, but where am I now? Here, held as a slave, without any knowledge of what’s currently happening to my country,” Hoseok whimpered.

            Seokjin looked down, feeling sorry for the person in front of him. He was yet another victim of the pride and the bloodlust of this war, but he thought that he needed to comfort him more than just pity him. “I’m sorry for what happened, we are all just caught up in this this situation and not joining the war is not an option anymore.  But I would be here for you,” Jin smiled, “I can be your friend. You don’t need to be lonely anymore.”

            Hoseok stopped whimpering with Seokjin’s words but he is still looking down. Suddenly, a thought came to him causing him to grab Seokjin’s shoulders. “What if you stop Taehyung from joining the war again? What if both of you stops joining the war?” Hoseok asks hopefully but Jin smiled sadly to him.

            “I wish it was that easy, but it’s not, I cannot let my people die for my own intentions. I can’t let them suffer with me being safe from all the troubles. But I also wish for this war to finish soon, I-I can’t take more people suffering because of this war,” Jin said weakly, as if he is carrying the whole world by his back.

            “Thank you for comforting even if this is just a waste of time for you. You’re a great man. You deserve better t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter