In love with a Squirtle

In love with a Squirtle

The Pokemon Go craze had just started, and the streets were filled with citizens playing the popular game. I was no exception. A huge Pokemon fan from the very start, I had made it my goal to be the very best, like no one ever was. To catch them is my real test, to train them is my cause! I was hoping to catch a Squirtle today - I had caught a Charmander the other day and picked Bulbasaur for my starter.

It was noon. And I was very, very, tired. Walking around the entire city trying to catch Squirtles wasn't exactly the simplest thing in the world... I know! I'll go for ice cream! There's one nearby, and its a Pokestop too! "Twice Ice Cream Parlour" The signboard displayed. Whatever, a Pokestop is a Pokestop.

"What may I get you?" Jihyo, the manager of the Ice Cream Parlour, asked. "Chocolate please!" Grabbing my cup filled to the brim with lovely cooling chocolate, I made my way to the only empty seat in the Parlour - one beside a girl.

"Hi, may I sit here?" I asked politely. She turned to face me... and my world stopped. This girl was drop dead GORGEOUS! I'm not even exaggerating, I mean, look at her warm eyes, her soft, glossy hair, her adorable bunny teeth, her cute, bright smile... What's not to like?

"Sure!" She replied. "Umm.uhh...gahh...." I muttered. Why do I have to get tongue tied at moments like this?? :(

"Ohhhh, you play Pokemon Go too??" I nodded. (Pretty much the only thing I could do without embarrassing myself, to be honest)

"Hi, I'm Nayeon. I love Pokemon! My starter is Squirtle, because all my friends tell me I look like one." She said, doing a Squirtle pose and closing and opening to imitate the water gun move. Did I mention she's more adorable than a Squirtle?

We spent the entire day talking and catching Pokemon together. We had a great time - rushing from landmark to landmark, throwing and curving our Pokeballs and catching rare Pokemon that ranged from Dragonites to Pidgeys. 

At the end of the day, we found ourselves at the same Twice Ice Cream Parlour we had met that day. The area had just spawned a Squirtle, and being Nayeon, she pulled me along with her all the way just to catch it. I didn't mind - her antics were downright cute and reactions whenever the Pokemon ran away from her were just hilarious. Throughout the entire day, I had gotten to know her a lot better, and realised we had a lot in common - Pokemon lovers, hard-working students, same age attending the same university as freshmen later in the year... 

"Oh noo... it ran away!" Nayeon whined, jumping up and down on the spot dejectedly. Seeing her cute actions once again, I couldn't help but feel... in love.

"Nayeon, I've got something to tell you. Will you listen?" "Sure, what is it?"

"This might sound cheesy, but here goes...

Charmanders are red, Squirtles are blue
If you were a Pokemon I'd choose you
Your smile is stronger than a Hyperbeam,
Like Jesse and James we'd make the perfect team.
I'll stay by your side like Pikachu and Ash,
And love you more than a lever 80 Rapidash
You're more legendary than a Zapados, Entei or Mew
But out of all 649 I choose you!

Do you want go on a date with me? Say, next week?"

I ask sheepishly. , what if its too cheesy? What if she doesn't like it? What if she doesn't like ME? Oh no, don't go there, don't think about that!

Nayeon just stares at me.

And she suddenly smiles.

"You're super cheesy, who asks someone out through a Pokemon poem? But I would love to." Nayeon replies, blushing and looking away.

I look at her and smiled. I came out today trying to catch a Blastoise, but I caught a Squirtle instead. But that's okay, after all, I'm in love with this Squirtle.

A/N: Okay so the main reason I wrote a Pokemon fanfic was because I saw the poem and fell in love with it. It's not too fluffy but I promise the next Satzu fanfic will be! Please leave comments and requests!