The LAST Date

It started with a dare
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You got all dressed up for tonight. You had everything rehearsed. You were going to tell this man that you're pregnant and apologize for his time being wasted so you're going to pay for dinner. Everything was suppose to go according to plan. You ran into the last person you wanted to see during this possible breaking point.

Baro was dressed nicely and he looked happy. You practiced some breathing exercises and finally got the courage to face him. Only to see him flirting with a blonde in tight waitress clothing. "It's fine. He's moved on. I should too," you tell yourself. "Miss, can I you to your seat?" asked a waiter. "Oh, yes please. It should be under Miss Olivia," you replied.

He was guiding you towards the direction of Baro. You overheard him talking to the waitress. "I was so happy holding the baby. The baby was mine. But hearing your child call another man Daddy?" he asked. "What?" you asked unknowingly. The waitress moved aside. You didn't realize that you were talking out loud. You made eye contact with Baro. He just sat down. You turned to the waiter. He pulled out the seat in front of you. You turn back to Baro.

"Oh, you're my date?" smiled Baro. You were so confused but you sat down upon smelling fried chicken. "That smells so good. It feels like someone's been following me all day with fried chicken or something," you tell the waiter. "One order of fried chicken then. Would you like to look at our alcoholic drinks?" asked the waiter. "No thank you. Just um, maybe an avocado and banana smoothie blended together with a hint of mint, please and thanks," you smiled. "I'll see what I can do Miss, and for you Sir?" asked the waiter. "I'll have the same but with rice and bbq. Also I want grape juice," said Baro. "That sounds awkward. Are you pregnant?" you asked him. "What? It sounds good. The juice will compliment the bbq," he smiled.

You roll your eyes and ask for mango cake with the meal. The waiter thanked you for your orders and left. Baro began looking at you intently. "What? And when did you get back? Are you really my date?" you asked. "Yesterday afternoon. We have a B1A4 trip for a week and a half. So, you've been dating," he replied. "How do you know that?" you asked. "He's probably here to pick you up," said Baro while pointing at Laurence heading your way. "Seriously Laurence, you have to go. Please?" you asked of him. "I will do as you ask if you just let me speak with him," said Laurence. "What are you up to now? Please don't disclose anything from the hospital," you tell him. "I won't have you hate me anymore than you do now. I promise. Can I have you go with me to the bar?" asked Laurence.

Baro got up and went with him. You followed and pulled Baro's hand. He stopped to look at the owner of the hand. "I'm pregnant," you tell him firmly. His eyes widened. A smile soon formed on his face. He slowly pulled his hand away and ran back to the restaurant. "Athena, if he doesn't make you happy," he began. You thank him and got back to the restaurant.

Just then, Baro's hand found it's way back on yours. He began running with you outside the restaurant. Upon reaching the elevators he touched your belly. "Are you okay? Sorry, I was really happy," he smiled. "I'm okay. I wanted to eat," you whined. "They'll send it upstairs. I have to show you something. You should rest too, before the food arrives," said Baro as he hugs you from behind. "I'm so happy Athena. I guess that's what my dreams have been about. Have you been eating well?" he asked. "What dreams?" you asked him. "I kept dreaming about our baby," you heard him smile as his warmth enveloped your tummy.

You couldn't help but smile by the feeling of having him there. You guys got to the room. It was decorated beautifully. There were maybe a thousand roses all over the room and flower petals on the floor. You looked over to the kitchen. There was a huge banner that read, "Will you stop being such a hard head and marry me?"

You walked to it to make sure you were reading it correctly. Baro followed you and got on one knee with a ring on hand. You pulled him up and rejected his offer. "No?" he asked sadly. "You can't marry me just because you got me pregnant. It doesn't work that way. You have a responsibility to yourself, your family and yes, this baby. But not to me. Thank you though," you tell him.

He sat you down on a chair, as he crouched down and held your hands. "Athena. Do you really hate me?" he asked you. "You're crazy Mr. Sunwoo Cha. I don't hate you. Marriage isn't as easy as it looks on people. Everyone's different," you tell him. "Do you not feel it?" he asked. "Was that vibration your fart?" you smiled. "No, you're crazy. I didn't," he smiled. "At least I made you smile. Let's just have this date and enjoy the hopefully arriving food," you tell him. "Athena, you always make me smile. Whether it's after I annoy you. After you say something sweet or funny. You just do. You make me happy. I tried to hold back how I felt for you because I wasn't sure how you felt. For the longest time that's what I've been doing. My sister physically whacked me on the head to try to knock the sense back in me. I want to let you know now. Athena, I love you so much. I hope you feel the same. I'm not in it because of the responsibility I have. I couldn't stand being left like that. I honestly can't go through that again. I will continue to ask you until you realize just how much I need you. This whole room represents just that. Please, will you do me the honor of making me the happiest man in the world and marry me?" asked Baro as he got back on one knee and held the beautiful ring in front of you.

"Darn it," you tell him. "What happened? Are you okay?" he asked you. "I'm okay. I'm so glad to hear you say that. I love you too and yes," you smiled. Baro couldn't believe his ears. You actually said yes. He figured he needed to propose at least 4 more times. He quickly placed the ring

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter