IT WILL BE FINE IN THE END

How is Friday?

“AND THINGS WOULD BE FINE. THEN I’D BE FINE.”

 

Life doesn’t always work out for Park Jaehyung. Some days, he spills ketchup on his white jeans. Other days, he forgets how tall he really is and hits his head on the door frame. It’s not that he minds though. The small things don’t really bother him as much as they should. Because for awhile, he has someone to bandage his bruises, has someone to joke with about his stained jeans, and has someone who lies next to him in the bed just so his bad days are just so infallibly good. His significant other is the light that he follows in the dark.

 

Except for today. It’s when it’s three in the morning, he has his arms around her waist. The night is a little chilly, and his room is perfectly still. They’re perfectly still. He appreciates the moments when they say nothing and it is still amazing to be with her. It’s then when she whispers her sorrows into his ears. It’s then when she tells him that this needs to stop. Whatever they are, boyfriend and girlfriend, she can’t do it anymore. He unwraps his arms from her waist, she gets up from her spot, takes her clothes and apologizes. She takes a piece of his heart with him and he isn’t sure what he’s supposed to do with his incomplete heart.

 

His room reeks of her vanilla scent. Some of his clothes have her name written all over them. She haunts him every night. When he bruises his arm, she isn’t there to ice them. When he loses his key to his apartment, she’s not there to tell him that there’s a spare one at her apartment. He doesn’t go home some days just because he imagines that she’s still there, holding onto his heart, waiting for him to open the door.

 

But he goes home just because it would be scarier to be outside with a world of possibilities.

 

He goes through the motions. He picks up the jeans that she liked. He traces lines into the wall, just the ones of her outlines. There is something too precious to let go. He remembers her laughter whenever she failed at Mario Kart. There are tiny specks of her stardust on his bedroom floor. The spare keys to his apartment can be found underneath the welcome mat just because he forgets things a little too easily. He walks outside just to recall their memories. He passes by the streets they held hands on, or the shops that he bought her presents from. And there’s a trail of her presence as he goes through the memories like playing cards in a deck.

 

Park Jaehyung knows that most relationships need to end, but what he doesn’t know is how to mend his broken heart. He’s not very good at that. He’s clumsy with those kinds of matters. Some don’t match up with others. And, he’s not really sure what to do when he ever sees her again. But he walks on, his soles become heavy, his smiles are little forced, but he knows that it will be okay in the end.

 

On days when he misses her the most, he calls up some friends, tell them to come over and play Mario Party 8 (because Mario Party 10 ). On days like those, her scent doesn’t overpower his room. On days like those, he becomes too distracted by crazy tactics of his friends and laughs a little too loud. But when they all go home, he remembers what’s it like not to have someone to text again. What it’s like to pretend that the world has someone waiting for him, he just hasn’t met her yet. But on those empty nights, he plays a game of yes or no with the gods. He gambles his soul on 11:11 wishes that may never come true.

 

When will the love of my life appear? He has a tendency to ask. The silence kills him. Sometimes, he’s tempted to text her and just tell her he misses her, but he blocked her number, and has a break up text in case he chooses to forget that it ever happened. He has to remember that she isn’t his. He has to remember that it isn’t him but her. So, he stops looking at messages that will never come, opens Pokemon Go, and takes a plastic light up sword with him.

 

His friend told him if he takes the bus three stops, walk for ten minutes, he’ll find a Charmander nest. This is something he is very interested in for some odd reason. It’s a lie Jae argues, but his friend only shakes his head and tells him to try him.

 

And so he gets on the bus, forgets where he’s going, gets off, catches a bunch of Charmander and laughs. It’s pathetic. This is all somewhat pathetic. He hatches three eggs. There it is again, the pitiful thing he is. Because this girl is probably in love with some other guy right now and he’s here playing a game just to forget what she’s like to him.

 

But then he looks up at someone who is staring right at him. He’s trying to take down a Mystic Gym, alone. His ex used to tell him that he was a loser for taking down gyms by himself. If there’s a grand prize for being a loser but a winner, he would have gotten it. However, she looks at him, throws up her nails, bright yellow, and he grins. He’s on Team Instinct. She quietly comes over to his side. She smells of cinnamon and freshly baked chocolate chip cookies. Her hair falls down past her shoulders, and when she catches him looking at her, she blushes bright red. Jae is still a little clumsy with his words so he only voices something when they take down the Gym’s Gyarados, she takes down the Charizard, and he swears, he hasn’t met someone as beautiful as she is right then and there.

 

“Hi, I’m Jae,” he introduces when they finish. Her voices kind of sounds like a single that he would like to repeat, over and over again. It’s almost three am and yet he is still outside with a plastic light up sword to illuminate his way, and there is this beautiful girl who has bright yellow fingernails. If the gods aren’t on his side, he has no idea what’s he is going to do.

 

“I’m Ellie. Do you want to get some burgers or something?”

 

It’s fate.

 

 

 

 

 

a/n;;; this one is for ellie because I SHIP
THE OUT OF JAE/ELLIE. SO BAD
U don't even knoo. ANYWAYS. i <3 u 
ellie. i hope you enjoy!