part 1: Misunderstanding

More Than Words
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

---

 

Minji didn’t feel like going to college this Monday morning. Her eyes were deprived for more sleep as her legs brought her near the school gate slumped and tired like a zombie. It was 5 minute before the bell rang and she didn’t feel like rushing to the class at all. It’s been her 4th years in college, and she never hated Monday as much as she did today.

 

She sighed deeply. She darted her eyes elsewhere, while unconsciously trying to find a sight of a particular person.

 

Uh oh. Is she looking for him?

 

But no, Nam Taehyun is the least person she wanted to meet that morning. Moreover, that’s because she just broke him up last Friday.

 

And if she did meet him today, it will be their first meeting since their breakup… and it will be awkward and stuff… so no please, no Nam Taehyun or such today.

 

---

 

She walked the hallway full of students, but she didn’t feel like being surrounded by many people. She somehow thought about Taehyun again. They’ve never—even once in their almost 1 year relationship—walked together just the two of them in the college. They’re always with their friends. She tried to get closer to him, but he just kept avoiding her. In college, he acts like he doesn’t know her. When she called him, or when they stumbled upon each other somewhere in the college, he would just smile a little and move on with his friends. They still occasionally date at the weekend, but how he treated her at college made her wonder a lot.

 

Does he not want people to know that I’m his girlfriend?

 

If it was really true, that should explain a hecka lots of flirting text sent by bunches of girls in his phone. He never really paid any attention to those ‘fangirls’, but they just won’t stop flirt with him. Hell, some of them even sent him some VERY *vomit* seducing selfies that revealed their cleavages. And she hates to admit it, but their are bigger than hers.

 

To think about it, he was always cold at the first time. Minji is the one who always approached him first. He never sends cheesy text, never brings flowers or such when he comes to pick her up, and now plus his attitude to her in college made her came to a thought.

 

He never truly loves her.

 

So she broke him up.

 

But it didn’t get along well. She just left him wondering the reason why she asked for a breakup, and never gave a clear explanation. Well, it’s not that easy to say that she was jealous of his fangirls that have bigger s than she does, is it?

 

Somehow the thought of it gave her a headache. And it was just three days since their breakup. Gosh, how will she even manage the rest of her life without him?

 

She loves him so much. But she just doesn’t want to give it anymore chance. She was tired of all the s. She knew and realized that there were a lot of things to explain, even from him. But that’s the type of girl she is, just lets it pass and forgets everything.

 

She was about to ascend the stairs when she caught a glimpse of very familiar figures all sitting in the stairs.

 

Gulp.

 

They were Kang Seungyoon, Song Mino, Lee Seunghoon and Kim Jinwoo. Could it be… could it be Taehyun was also there?

 

“. I’m not ready to meet him now” she cursed.

 

She was just about to take another way when she realized that Nam Taehyun wasn’t there with his friends.

 

“what? Where’s him?”.

 

“aigoo aigoo Minji-ah good morning!”, Seunghoon was the first to notice Minji in a distance.

 

She just gave them the best smile she can give.

 

“come here join us”, Seungyoon invited.

 

She doesn’t like that idea, but she didn’t have any choice. Her hearts thumped faster as she walked towards them.

 

“you were looking for Taehyun, weren’t you?” Seunghoon asked teasingly.

 

Minji stuttered, “I…actually…”

 

“Taehyun is sick”, Seungyoon told her, “so he’s resting in our apartment and didn’t come to college”.

 

“what?” Minji asked in disbelief, “what kind of illness? Since when?”

 

“why do you still care about him anyway?”, there was a little coldness in Mino’s words to Minji that stabbed Minji right in her chest. But Seungyoon quickly elbowed him to get him back to his sense with his words.

 

“just having a cold I think”, Seungyoon answered.

 

“why? What happened to him?”.

 

“we don’t know. All we know is that he came home late at Friday night, drunk”.

 

Friday night. That’s when she broke him up.

 

“we insisted that he had to take a rest for the next two days, but he just went somewhere again and came home late again” Seunghoon added, “Even worst and more drunk than before. Last night, he came home soaked in the rain. And this morning he woke up with cold”.

 

“do you know where he was going?”.

 

“nope, no idea”, Seunghoon answered.

 

“but, at Friday Night didn’t he go with…” Jinwoo was about to say something but the rest three of them quickly prevented him with any way possible, like covering his mouth shut.

 

“ha ha ha, no, we don’t know anything ha ha ha”, a forced and weird laugh came from Seunghoon.

 

“you know what? Can you help us?” Seungyoon said that and before Minji could even answer, he continued, “we can’t come home early today because… uhhh… we… we got additional night class”.

 

“we did?” Jinwoo interrupted, “no, we didn’t have ummmhfff…”

 

“hyung just stay quiet for a while!”, and then Seunghoon and Mino dragged their blackhole hyung elsewhere.

 

“ahahah, yes we did have additional night class”, Seungyoon answered nervously, “since we’re senior years and such… you know”.

 

Minji didn’t answer anything. She knew from the atmosphere that his request can’t be good.

 

“so since we can’t come home early today, can you please take care of Taehyun?”.

 

“what?”.

 

“he’s sick and he can’t go anywhere. But someone needs to prepare his meal and buys him medicine”.

 

“you don’t know Seungyoon, we….”

 

And then the ring of the bell interrupted her words.

 

“okay? Pretty pleeeaaaase?” Seungyoon pleaded with his aegyo, “this is our apartment key”, he handed the key card to Minji, “thank you so much Minji, see you later!”.

 

“Ya! Seungyoon-ah!”.

 

But Seungyoon just went off.

 

God. This is worst than meeting Nam Taehyun in the college.

 

---

 

The rain poured down hard that afternoon. After struggling to get through the rain, Minji’s now standing in front of a door, in the 9th floor of a 12-storey building, which is Nam Taehyun and his friends’ apartment.

 

It was 4 PM and she had thought over about whether she should come or not all day. Like, she can’t just come to his apartment all she could anymore, she’s NO LONGER HIS GIRLFRIEND. But if those boys say that they can’t come home, then THEY WON’T COME HOME. And Seungyoon is right, someone needs to take care of him, cooks him dinner, buys him some medicine. Because everyone in the earth know how stubborn he can be when he’s sick.

 

Afterall, she’s probably the reason why he’s sick.

 

She stood there for about 5 minutes, with a plastic bag full of groceries, veggies and medicines in one hand. She then doubted by it again. What if he hates her? What if he doesn’t welcome her? the thought of it made her belly heats, even though her whole body is experiencing coldness because of rain soaked clothes.

 

Okay. She finally made her mind. It’s okay to come as a friend, right? He probably is sleeping anyway. Just cook him dinner then leave. Nothing else. She tried to fill her mind with positive thought.

 

What’s worst that can happen? Him telling me to go away? Nah, I can handle that. Then just go away.

 

She started putting in the keycard and pressing the pin numbers. She can clearly still remember his apartment pin number.

 

The door is opened. Without any thoughts, she barged inside.

 

When she turned around, she then found a sight of shirtless Nam Taehyun lying down in the couch.

 

Nam Taehyun.

 

Lying down in the couch of the living room.

 

Half .

 

He placed his right hand in his forehead, but he's awaken by the sound of someone opening the door. And she just stood there dumbfounded the moment Taehyun was awaken and opened his eyes.

 

OH MY GOD OH MY GOD HE’S AWAKE.

 

Their eyes met. At first, Taehyun was speechless of seeing Minji, standing beside the door, with plastic bag in one of her hand.

 

Oh God. I look STUPID.

 

Taehyun slanted his eyebrows, trying to gather his consciousness. But before he’s fully arise, Minji had got out of the door again and slammed it hard.

 

“he saw me! He saw me! This is harder than I thought. No, I couldn’t face him now. What do I do now? Run? Yes you can still run, Minji. Run while he’s still not fully awake…”

 

“what are you doing here, Minji?”.

 

To her surprise, she turned around and saw that previously-lying-down-on-the-couch half Taehyun is now standing in front of her, his hands is still on the door’s handle. They’re standing facing each other, between them is an opened door.

 

“ah, uh, umm, I…” she tried to gather herself before seeing the plastic bag in her hand, “this”, she then raised that plastic bag, “I’m cooking you dinner”.

 

“dinner?”.

 

Change of plan.

 

Instead of answering, Minji just barged in to the apartment and headed straight to the kitchen. She exhaled deeply and she felt uneasy, but she just decided to do it. Behind her, she could hear the door closed and she could feel that Nam Taehyun was heading to the kitchen as well. He’s standing 2 meters behind her, leaning his body to the kitchen counter. She didn’t turn around and just made herself busy with getting out the groceries from the plastic bag instead.

 

“I heard you’re sick”, she finally said, still not turning around.

 

“you don’t have to do this if you don’t want to” Taehyun answered.

 

Minji gulped. “it’s okay. Your friends said that they can’t come home early to take care of you, so they asked me to do it instead”.

 

Minji could hear Taehyun cursed a little upon hearing about his friends deadly plan. He then headed to the couch to pick up his phone and quickly typed a text to his friends.

 

Taehyun              : where the hell are you guys?

 

Meanwhile, those 4 men were having coffee in a café comfortably, while watching the rain poured down outside when Taehyun’s message came out in their group chat.

 

“he sent a message he sent a message!”, Jinwoo squealed.

 

“heheheh, he sounds angry”, Seunghoon chuckled.

 

Seunghoon         : we won’t be coming home early today so please have a good day with Minji, Taehyun-ah! :*

Taehyun              : you planned this.

Seunghoon         : not just me, we all planned this.

Jinwoo                  : I didn’t know anything, I’m innocent here.

Taehyun              : y’all are s.

Mino                     : hey maknae watch your words to your hyungs.

Taehyun              : why did you make her do this?? Y’all knew that she broke me up last Friday.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter