Surprise

Birthday Surprise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Lame tittle. but I wrote this on a whim.. I hope ya'll tell me what you think about this.. thanks

--

 

Seohyun looked at her fully made up reflection on the mirror. She just finished celebrating her birthday with her omma and appa at lunchtime earlier and she was chillin’ with them when her Soshi unnies are nagging her to come quick. She knew they’re up to something again. Just like her previous birthdays. She was thankful but sometimes they’re just predictable that she’d catch on. She sighed.

 

 

“What would be their plan for tonight?” she murmured and smiled at her reflection, she’s donning a simple make up for the night, nothing flashy, just her style.

 

 

She stood up and looked at the outfits her mother laid on the bed; one light pink halter skater dress that fall 2 inches above her knee “Sweet”

 

 

The other one is a tight dark blue denim skirt that would cover half her legs and a gray fitted blouse “Funky”

 

 

Of course she wear any style of clothes, it was part of her job. But her taste usually evolve on the sweet, laid back kind of style.

 

 

“Hmmnnn” she’s contemplating as to what her image for the night would be. Sweet like always, or funky. Her mom knew that she’d choose the dress in a heartbeat but now, she wanted to be different. A bit funky won’t hurt. Maybe her mom also wants the same, that’s why she prepared it. Right?

 

 

So she chose the latter. The denim skirt accentuated her long legs after she paired it with black leather high heeled ankle boots. The gray blouse fitted right showing off her curves at all the right places.

 

 

Then she tied her hair on a high messy ponytail. She gave her reflection on her full length mirror thumbs up before heading out her bedroom. She wanted to darken the eyeliners on her eyes but she resisted. She wanted to look as natural as possible.

 

 

Her mother was a bit surprised at Seohyun’s choice of outfit for tonight but was pleased. She has a really uptight and collected daughter that she also wanted her to indulge, it does not mean that she wanted Seohyun to rebel but she just wanted her to experience a bit of the other side. She trust her enough and know that she would never disappoint them so why not?

 

 

She stood and gave her a hug “My careful and sweet daughter, I trust you know the limits but it’s not so bad to be carefree sometimes..   so have a blast!” Seohyun saw her father nod.

 

 

And she was at ease.

 

 

--

 

 

“Yah Seohyun-ah! We’re already here. Where are you?” Hyoyeon called to nag her again. She knew their maknae would take a while to get ready. She roamed her eyes on the confetti, balloons and flowers that decorated the hall. A small VIP hall they rented for the night. “It’s perfect.” She said

 

 

“Unnie, are the food ready?” she asked Taeyeon, the one in-charge for the food.

 

 

“Yes dear.” She smiled brightly at her “Yuri said the cake is coming in 10 minutes.” Taeyeon added. Yuri was in-charge for the cake.

 

 

“The standees, manikins and wax figure are here!” Tiffany called from outside the hall making Yoona, Sooyoung and Sunny rush out to help.

 

 

They heard them giggle making the ones left inside grin and looked at each other. There is no denying that they are excited for tonight. 

 

 

 “Let’s place them strategically!” Hyoyeon said after she saw the materials, she even clapped her hands in the process.

 

 

--

 

 

She was about to get in her car that was already parked outside their house when one of the Soshi managers emerged.

 

 

“Omo oppa, what are you doing here?” she asked a bit surprised

 

 

The young man scratched his nape and smiled “Your unnies has recruited me to do the job of driving you to the location. “Happy birthday Seohyun-ie” he greeted

 

 

“Komawo oppa” Seohyun shook her head “Cham… these unnies really” she added making their manager laugh.

 

 

Now Seohyun was sitting at the passenger seat of her car. Silent as they pass some familiar streets and buildings. She took a deep breath as a thought filled her. The thought that would never fail to come every birthday she had since 2011. Her unnies knew it, maybe that’s why they have been attentive when her birthday is about to come.

 

 

That year, she has received an enormous present. Not material but something else. She got to feel what it’s like to be treasured and loved. She felt all emotions that day that it’s really hard to forget. And most importantly she was spending it with the guy she likes.

 

 

She sighed.

 

 

And then, love in the process.

 

 

Everyone around their circle thought they’d date after their WGM stint but it did not happen. She was waiting for him to approach her and seriously talk about them but it was nil. Was it just her illusion that he felt the same way? Was he just acting all the way through their stint? Did he make all those efforts just for the show?

 

 

Every question leaves no answer. They’d see each other, greet each other and even talk to each other but it was not the talk that she wanted.

 

 

She has waited for him to woe her. To say he loves her, or at least like her for real. And then date for real. She waited for almost 3 years. And then she thought she’d make a move first. But the time has passed and she has not made any move. How could she? The reserved and upright Seohyun make a move. It was unlikely. She wanted to try but couldn’t muster the courage to do so. The only thing that kept her sane was the f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter