Fin.

Don't Leave Me

Cho Kyuhyun has known Kim Ryeowook since forever. Kim Ryeowook has always been there for him. A bit unfortunately, the favor has not always been returned.

Kim Ryeowook lives forever; he can never truly die. Cho Kyuhyun, however, is certainly able of completely dying.

It seems as though every single time they finally settle down to live a good life, something happens, and Kyuhyun dies. If Ryeowook lives on, then Kyuhyun must reincarnate to be with him, over and over again, until they manage to pull through and cheat Death.

The first time that Kyuhyun died was during the first Japanese invasion of Korea and China, when everyone hid in their homes, fairly waiting to be slaughtered. Ryeowook and Kyuhyun, however, had a perfect plan; they were going to escape to China by sea and sneak onto a European-bound ship.

Unfortunately, the ship that they chose to ride was captured by the Japanese navy. They leapt onto deck and barged into the crowd of terrified escapees, wielding long knives that gleamed evilly in the low light, warning them that there was absolutely no way to fight back. Kyuhyun, having being gifted extreme valor and courage, of course fought back. They all knew that it was useless, and yet for the glory of his country, his people, his lover, Kyuhyun would rather die...

A few hours after the Japanese destroy the ship and evidence, Ryeowook lifts his head from the water, gasping and spluttering, throwing his hair away from his face. His first view, then, is Kyuhyun, floating facedown, deep scarlet cuts upon his back, lifeless in the sea's embrace.

The second time, it was in the middle of the Korean War. Ryeowook and Kyuhyun were soldiers in the same platoon. Being the youngest, they immediately took a liking to each other. Or rather, Kyuhyun took a liking to Ryeowook, who jumped on the opportunity.

Ryeowook, of course, perfectly remembers every single little detail about Kyuhyun. He could recite all of them if one just asked. Of course, he also happens to know that this time, Kyuhyun's gift is his physical strength.

Kyuhyun, on the other hand, remembers nothing about Ryeowook, except maybe that he looks slightly familiar. Perhaps they have met once on the streets of Seoul before the army drafted them.

It ends up that it didn't matter at all, because after weeks of fighting, Kyuhyun dies at the border between North and South Korea.

Bullets rip through his slender frame as he rises, pulling the pin off a grenade. A last, valiant suicide mission, a struggle for the valor of his country. 

A flash of light, a burst of death, and the battle is won, but at what price?

A few hours later, Ryeowook wakes up amongst a still-spreading pool of blood. He sits up frantically, searching futilely for any sign of life at all, anyone who even slightly resembles Kyuhyun in this mess of an explosion.

After that, Kyuhyun does not reincarnate for a while. Ryeowook waits patiently through the years. Sometimes he is lonely, but he waits, for he knows that Kyuhyun would never abandon him. He was, of course, correct, because finally, one day, sometime during the early twenty-first century, he finds him.

Ryeowook, having since joined a boy band, is pleasantly surprised when the company decides to add another member to the already-large-enough group.

His name is Cho Kyuhyun, and this time, he has been gifted with the voice of an angel. It happens to harmonize perfectly with Ryeowook's higher-pitched voice, blending in euphoric melody.

Actually, at first, none of the other members seemed to like this boy, but Ryeowook did. He tried to bring Kyuhyun into everything, talked to him, laughed with him, and eventually, Kyuhyun became integrated into the group.

April nineteenth marks an important date in all the members' hearts, but more so Ryeowook and Kyuhyun.

A slip in the rain, a crash in the car, Kyuhyun very nearly lost his life again.

Four days unconscious, six days intensive care, but he pulled through.

If he had not, Ryeowook's biggest regret and guilt would have been fighting with him before the crash.

Kyuhyun may not remember his past lives, not like Ryeowook does, but he does know that he and Ryeowook will be together forever.

Ryeowook may not be able to forget how Kyuhyun has always died before, but he knows that, now that it's happened, they will never again be apart.

And this time, may it truly be, til death do they part.