wizard

by my side

"to be up soon" she said in 2016. okay i admit.. i might have lied there. i honestly just stumbled over this by accident, completely having forgotten it was a thing to begin with but it sure got me thinking. here's a little foreward in case anyone is still interested in this story. it's nothing much but the real thing only starts from here.

 

 

 

----

 

 

 

“you're a wizard, myungsoo.” if you asked his friends about the history of the young wizard, these are the words they'd spill out to start their story, not caring they're retelling harry potter instead of myungsoo's actual past, and only bothered to change the name of the main protagonist.

 

myungsoo wasn't harry potter, he was quite the opposite. first of all – he was real and not the imagination of an author who got bored one day at a cafe and started scribbling down words that added up to a book promising nothing but success. secondly, even if hogwarts was a real thing he wouldn't have gotten sorted into the same house as potter. myungsoo in gryffindor? his entire being just screamed hufflepuff. he wasn't even dependent on glasses ; only allowing his eyes to get framed by an object sitting on his cute nose when it fitted the style he was going for on that particular day. his enemy? instead of a noseless dont-even-dare-to-mouth-his-name wizard it was his overweight neighbor who had jealousy issues. myungsoo was the cat type of person (no owls, though, he had to admit they were cute) and it wasn't really his fault his neighbor's cat was weak for the kitten like smile of the young wizard, the soft hands that went through the cat's fur smoothly and his calming voice. his neighbor, however, believed that his cat was only allowed to like him alone and made sure he kept his little “princess” locked inside whenever the younger walked up. a strange man, indeed.

 

myungsoo didn't learn magic from any famous wizards but his mom instead. he wasn't the best at performing spells but he wasn't the worst either. there were no rules he had to follow but he made sure to only ever perform spells that meant no harm. it wasn't like his life was based on magic – it was just a nice hobby he liked to follow as he had the gift of being able to perform magic since he was little and why waste it?

his mother wasn't sure at first if he had the same fate as her as myungsoo's father was a simple man working at an IT company but the moment young myungsoo managed to steal another kids' cookies with the stares of his eyes only, they had known. ever since, myungsoo's biggest motivation had become food.

 

the young wizard grew up in a small town where people's biggest secrets usually consisted of person A cheating on person B with their best friend. very wild, indeed.

so coming out to your friends not only as a wizard but a gay one on top of that was, in fact, dramatic – life changing – and worth gossiping over for a year.
the stories of myungsoo potter started spreading but eventually died down after the last harry potter book was published and there were simply no new stories to be told – not that anyone would believe in them anymore at this point anyway - bless the end of puberty and brains that suddenly started working properly again.

 

however, the peek of myungsoo's wizard life started in college – when he, quite literally, ran into the arms of the most beautiful man he ever witnessed.

his one true love? it was no longer food – it was a boy named Lee Sungyeol.