One

Unforgettable Time

Flashback

"Chae!" I turned around and saw Taeyong happily running towards me. What is so important that he couldn't tell me on the phone but rather in person? Did his group possibly debut? He finally got to where I was standing, grabbed my hand and pulled me inside his house. He had called my family to meet his family at his house as well. 

Our families waited patiently for Taeyong to speak. He took a deep breath and finally spoke, "NCT is finally debuting! I've never been more happier before in my life!"

Everyone congratulated Taeyong and gave him hugs. I was the last one to congratulate him. "Oppa I'm so happy for you! I know how much you've been waiting for this and I'm so glad it's finally happened. Don't forget me when you become famous okay?" 

Tayeong laughed, "Chae, I could never forget you! We've been friends since our diaper days that would never happen and you know that." I laughed with him and hugged him once more. 

My older brother, Hansol, started asking the questions first. "How do you like your members?"

"They're awesome! I have a hyung, Taeil, who is a year older than me however I was chosen to be the leader. Then four younger ones: Doyoung, Ten, Jaehyun, and Mark."

"Are any of them hot?? Can you set us up with one?"  My twin sister, Jaerin, asked anxiously. Our parents laughed at her while Hansol just shook his head.

Taeyong chuckled, "Actually one of my members has a slight crush on Chaerin". Everyone looked at Taeyong and he realized what he just said. "Oh no, he's going to kill me!" Taeyong tried to run away but I managed to catch him before he slipped out the door. I pulled him back in and made him repeat what he said. "I uh... Whenever you called the guys kept asking who I was talking to and wanted me to show them a picture so I did."

My eyes widened, "Which picture did you show them??" Taeyong took out his phone and showed me the most recent picture we took together. It was a candid of us sitting on a bench laughing that Jaerin managed to capture last time we were all hanging out. "Okay I approve of that picture." Everyone laughed and the parents left the house because they had errands to run. 

"So who exactly is this mysterious boy that likes Chaerin?" Hansol asked. I looked at Taeyong curious as well.

Taeyong pulled out a picture that he had taken with the members and pointed to the guy. "That is Jaehyun, he's a year younger but I doubt you mind right?" 

I was about to speak when Hansol spoke up. "Taeyong, they haven't even met yet so how could he possibly like her?"

"Maybe her beauty caught his eye," Jaerin said causing us to laugh. 

Taeyong agreed, "Chae is a natural beauty. You both are since you two are twins. Anyways the guys want to meet you all however it won't be anytime soon because we'll be busy practicing and we have tons to do but I will definitely set it up and let you know. I have to go practice now so I'll see you later! Bye!" With that he got up and left. 

End of flashback


 

It's been four months since Taeyong announced his debut. Four months since he told us one of s likes me. Four months since he told us we would meet them. The day had finally come. Hansol, Jaerin and I were on our way to meet the boys. Taeyong had texted me late last night informing me that they are free today and to come over. I called Taeyong and he came to open the door for us. I nervously followed him into the house with Jaerin and Hansol trailing behind. 

"Everyone come out they're here!" Taeyong yelled. I remember Taeyong mentioning five of them but there were 8 of them including Taeyong. I looked for Jaehyun but he was nowhere to be found. 

"Jaehyun went to buy some drinks," one of the boys said. We all gathered in the living room. The boys were nice enough to let us sit on the couch since we were the guests. "Let's do introductions shall we?" The same boy from earlier spoke. 

"I guess I'll start first then. Hello I'm Min Hansol. I'm the oldest of the three of us." Everyone said hi to Hansol.

"Hi! I'm Min Jaerin and if you couldn't tell we're twins." Jaerin said causing everyone to laugh. 

"Ah I guess it's my turn. Hi I'm Min Chaerin, the youngest of the three." I nervously spoke. Just then the door opened revealing Jaehyun. Our eyes met for what seemed like forever before I looked away.

"Jaehyun you're just in time! We were introducing ourselves," Taeyong announced. He quickly took his shoes off and sat down. He and two other boys handed the drinks out and settled down to continue with introductions.

"Hello I am the oldest of the group, Taeil!" Everyone clapped.

"Hello I'm Yuta! I'm Japanese." Jaerin elbowed me and whispered "A cute Japanese," Yuta heard and smiled at her. 

"Hi I'm Doyoung! It's nice to meet you all!"

"Hi, I'm Ten and I'm Chinese."

"Hello I'm Jaehyun. Sorry for arriving late." He apologized and looked at me once more.

"Hello I'm Winwin also Chinese. It's a pleasure to meet you." Everyone cheered while Hansol, Jaerin, and I looked at Taeyong confused. "He's improved a ton with his Korean." We all nodded our heads understanding.

"Hello I'm Mark and I'm from Canada!" Hansol's eyes widened, "Woah dude that's so cool!" Everyone laughed at the two.

"Saving the best for last as always. Hi! I'm Haechan and I'm the youngest of the group. Apparently I'm a troublemaker as hyungs say so beware." The boys shook their heads at Haechan and he just laughed.

"So you're the famous Chaerin Taeyong keeps talking to. You're even prettier in person!" Doyoung said. "How old are you by the way?"

Everyone looked at me waiting for an answer. "I'm 20 years old and our birthdays are in December," I pointed to Jaerin. "She's older than me by 10 seconds."

Everyone was amazed, "Noonas you're both so pretty!" Haechan looked at us with hearts in his eyes.

"I don't remember you telling us about Yuta, Winwin or Haechan," Jaerin mentioned to Taeyong.

"Ah there's going to be multiple subunits." Taeyong told us. "It's a bit confusing isn't it?" He asked us.

"Yeah just a bit. It's fine we'll figure it out," I spoke for Hansol and Jaerin because I knew they didn't get it either.

Haechan elbowed Jaehyun, "Hey hyung you finally get to meet your girl." I noticed Jaehyun turn red causing me to turn red as well. Things just got even more awkward...

Everyone decided to go bowling so we piled into three cars, four people in each. We finally arrived and the youngest ones ran out of the cars first. The elders following behind inside. Since there were 12 of us we decided to split into two groups. We had the two eldest, Taeil and Hansol be the team captains.

Taeil and Hansol did rock, paper, scissors to choose who got to pick first. Hansol threw rock while Taeil threw paper. "Alright Taeil you get to pick first." Hansol said.

Taeil rubbed his chin before choosing, "Hmm I'll choose Chaerin, sorry guys." I high fived him as I went to stand beside him. Hansol chose Jaerin because he wanted to make the teams even by having a girl on each team. The boys quickly chose the rest of their teammates. It was Taeil, Doyoung, Jaehyun, Winwin, Haechan and I. Then Hansol, Jaerin, Yuta, Mark, Taeyong, and Ten on the other team. 

Being the gentlemen they were, they let Jaerin and I go first. We both got a strike and high fived each other despite being on different teams. "Wow you two are so good!" Ten exclaimed as we walked back to our seats. 

"Our parents love going bowling so we've had tons of practice." Jaerin said. He nodded his head and waited for the next person to go. 

Taeyong was about to bowl before he turned towards everyone. "How about losing team gets to buy dinner?" He looked at the team captains and they shook each other's hand to confirm the deal. Doyoung was second up against Taeyong but he was too impatient so he bowled without him. He scored 5 the first time then 3 the second time. Taeyong got a strike as well. 

"Our team is so good! We might actually win this!" Mark shouted confidently. Jaehyun shook his head and stood up for his turn. He was up against Yuta. Jaehyun had whispered something into Yuta's ear, but Yuta shook his head. Jaehyun sighed in defeat and went. Somehow that managed to get him a strike and he cheered happily. 

Yuta managed to get a spare, "Jaehyun you didn't need my help at all." 

Jaehyun came back to sit down and I stuck my hand out for a high five. He gave me one and we both spoke at the same time. "You did well!" We both laughed and turned back around to watch the others. Winwin and Mark went up for their turns. Winwin got a spare and Mark ended up getting a gutterball both times. Mark awkwardly laughed, "Uh I'm a little rusty." He said and his team told him it was okay.

Finally the team captains turn to go up. Taeil got 7 pins the first time but got a gutterball the second. "It's okay!" Our team yelled. Unsurprisingly Hansol oppa got a strike causing their team to catch up to ours. The last two to go were Haechan and Ten. 

Haechan got a gutterball the first time then managed to somehow get all 10 on his second turn. Ten got five the first time then the rest on his second turn. The game kept going for 9 more rounds. 

Hansol oppa's team ended up winning by a point so our team had to pay for dinner. We piled back into the cars and made our way over to a Korean bbq restaurant. Once we arrived Jaehyun took a seat beside me while Taeyong sat on the other side of me. Jaerin sat across from me in between Yuta and Haechan. 

Everyone ordered food and drinks and waited for the food to be served. Jaehyun tapped me on the shoulder and I turned towards him wondering why he did that. "Is it okay if I call you noona? You are older by a year."

I shook my head and laughed, "Please just call me Chaerin or Chae. I feel old if you call me that." 

Taeyong hit his hands on the table, "Yah Chae I'm the only one who can call you that! I gave you and Jae those nicknames." 

I rubbed his hand, "Oppa fine only you can call me Chae. Unless I get a boyfriend then that'll be an exception."

"If you and Jaehyun date that'll be my exception for him to call you Chae." Taeyong announced to the group. My eyes widened and I'm sure my face was as red as a tomato.