Like a Fool

Us Now —The Afterword
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TAEYEON AND BAEKHYUN REPORTEDLY DATING...

This was the heading to every article that Taeyeon saw, the topic of every discussion and the reason why her phone wouldn't stop vibrating.

bzz..bzzz... 

She wanted just one second to calm down and think, but the noise was distracting her, urging her to check the updates from her personal accounts.

She didn't want to read the ugly comments and attacks she knew she would be subject to. She didn't want to read the words that would eventually keep her up at night and give her torturous nightmares. She didn't want to ignite the tears she held since the minute she saw her name trending on Naver.

But, she did.

Like a fool, she opened up her phone and slowly started making her way through the comments. One by one.

And after minutes of reading; minutes of endless streams of tears interspersed with a few smiles; minutes of heart getting wrenched in different directions, she finally let her eyes rest.

Like always, her curiosity would overcome her, and leave her emotions raw and unhidden, for the world to see.

Its okay... I should be strong.

These words bubbled out of , slowly finding strength in the last syllables. She wipes the tear stains crusted on her face and composes herself.

This is the first and last time I will cry about this. I will be strong.

She stands up, her legs unsteady and in response, the chair she's been holding onto for so long, gives way, with a loud clatter in the quiet echo of the practice room.

A quip of laughter bursts out of her, seeing that her cl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter