Chapter 4

Cursed

Sungyeol woke up in a pool of his sweat. Instantly, he looked down, to his hands, seeing his pale skin once again. He sighed, pulling up his sleeves to reveal the claw marks he had inflicted on himself, however they soon disappeared.

Grabbing the key beside him, he unlocked the door and ran upstairs, back to the house. “Sunggyu! Sunggyu!” He yelled, only halting when he saw the same scarred man that was outside. He took a step back in shock.

“Sungyeol? You’re okay now?” He asked.

He nodded, “I… I have to speak to you.”

Sunggyu nodded, “Then speak.” He turned to the scarred man and smiled weakly, “It was nice meeting you.”

“Likewise.” He said, still staring at the angel with a strange intensity, before taking his leave.

“What is it?”

Sungyeol continued to stare at the man and his partner head for the front door, before shifting his attention to the weak man, “I finally got the next part of the dream.” He whispered.

“The part after you were exiled?”

He nodded, “There’s another angel in this world.”

~

“I must look for him myself.”

“It’s too dangerous.”

“I must. I must speak to him.”

“Sungyeol.” Sunggyu sighed.

“The last time you went out, you got shot.” He glared, “At least if I get shot, I can heal myself.”

“It’s not that simple. People are out to actually kill you.” Sunggyu emphasized.

“I’m strong enough.” Sungyeol replied with determination, “I can control my other powers now.”

“With occasional slip-ups.” Sungjong muttered, earning a glare.

“At least let me come with you.”

Sunggyu sighed, “Fine. We leave in 5 minutes.” He turned to see his brother in front of the house. “Myungsoo?”

“Hyung?”

“What are you doing here?”

“Are you going somewhere?”

He nodded, “We’re hunting.”

“Oh, can I come too?”

“Yes.” The brothers averted their gaze at the new voice.

“Sungyeol, no.”

“The quicker we find him, the quicker we can-”

“I said no!” Sunggyu shouted, making them jump.

“Him?” Myungsoo wondered aloud, “Are you hunting a human?” Sunggyu shifted his gaze to the floor, before Myungsoo tried to piece everything together. “Are you hunting the cursed angel too? I want to help you find him.”

“It’s too dangerous.”

“But, I think I’ve got a lead on him. I just-”

“No means no, Myungsoo.”

“But-”

“I’m not losing you again, Myungsoo!” Sunggyu exclaimed.

The other blinked, before scoffing, “Is that what you’re afraid of? I’ve survived 15 years in this forest. I know this place like the back of my hand. You weren’t there when I ran away. You weren’t there when I was almost killed. You weren’t there when I got this scar, so what makes you think that you suddenly telling me what or what not to do would make you lose me? You’ve already lost me from the moment fifteen years ago. I… I don’t even know if you’re actually my brother.” He retorted. “So I will just treat you like an ally, and say that I will be waiting for you at the front.” He said before leaving.

“Hyung…” Sungyeol whispered. He knew how deep the words had gotten to the man.

“You shouldn’t have agreed. He’s after your life.”

“I know.” He said.

“But-”

“Like I said, the more the merrier. If we find him quicker, he could help me break the curse. I have 79 more days to break this thing or else I will die for sure. So I need as much help as I can… even if it’s from my enemies.”

~

“What’s your name?”

“Sungyeol.”

The man nodded, pulling the material over his head more to cover his face, “Myungsoo.”

“Why did you decide to come with us?”

“Are you not looking for the cursed angel too?” He asked.

“Something like that.” Sungyeol replied, trying his best to keep a stoic expression, “And what do you plan on doing with him once you find him?”

Myungsoo paused, before shrugging, “I don’t know. I just wanted to see if he was real.”

“You… won’t kill him?”

“If he’s not a threat like what everyone says, then I would have no reason to… But…” He hesitated,
“But I heard that he grants wishes.”

“Grants wishes?”

Myungsoo nodded, “That’s what the legend say.”

“Do you even believe in what they say? They could be all myths to keep kids out of this forest.”

“Well, you’ve got a point, but I’ve heard about it since we were little. I’ve practically spent my whole life searching for this creature.”

“What if it’s not true.”

“Then, I guess I’d have wasted 20 years of my life.” He replied, forcing out a laughter.

Sungyeol grimly smiled in response, “What do you think he looks like?”

He shrugged, “They say that he’s really beautiful.”

“Beautiful?”

He nodded, “He is an angel after all. Angels are supposed to be beautiful.”

“Huh. I see.” Sungyeol murmured.

A gust of wind was heard, before rapid footsteps rustled behind them. The two males instantly grew silent, halting their steps as Sunggyu squinted and looked around.

“What is it?” Woohyun whispered. Sunggyu raised a hand to silence everyone and Myungsoo instinctively raised his arm in front of Sungyeol, as though trying to shield him. The forest was once again silent. Only the whisperings of the leaves and rustled between their feet could be heard, as the wind gently made its way to the south.

An almost inaudible ‘Go,’ was heard, and the hunters immediately reached for their weapons. Sungyeol remained still, staring at Sunggyu for his next command, who gripped tightly onto his staff. Seeing this, Sungjong drew out his machete as quiet as possible, and the remaining two males did the same with their weapons.

With a small, short nod, an attack was initiated, and soon enough, Sunggyu and Woohyun had roughly twisted the intruder’s hands onto their backs as they winced in pain.

“What were you doing following us?” Sunggyu commanded.

“W-We weren’t follow you. It just happened that we crossed paths.” One replied as bravely as he could, only wincing further as Sunggyu dug his weapon deeper into the other’s back.

“The truth, or I won’t be as nice next time.”

“That is the truth- Arghh!” He yelled as a bone in his arm cracked from the force.

“Sunggyu!” Sungyeol shouted, shaking his head slightly once the said man looked up.

“Just tell him, Goddamit!” The other intruder, who had kept silent through the entire ordeal shouted frantically.

“Yoon-”

“You know where the cursed angel is!” He shouted, making Woohyun slightly loosen his grip, allowing the man to use the opportunity to break free, however, that decision had only led to three different weapons targeted towards him. “Don’t lie. We know who you are. Everyone knows who you are.” He threatened, inching closer towards Sunggyu. Myungsoo tugged the hood over his face more, glancing slightly at his brother. Had he known something about the cursed angel?

“Don’t take another step closer.” Sunggyu gritted, tightening his grip.

“You’re the boy who met the cursed angel and lived to tell the tale.” He laughed maniacally, “Why didn’t you kill him? He has cursed the Heavens and the country. If you had killed him, we wouldn’t be living in such a ty world!” He yelled, “Did you make an alliance with him? Are you trying to take over the world with this curse?” Sunggyu scoffed at the ridiculous words that were flowing out of the man’s mouth. “How dare you laugh at me.” He growled, pulling out a dagger and darting forward towards Sunggyu who was still gripping onto the man’s partner. “I’ll kill you! You’re no human if you ally with the cursed angel.” He yelled, before letting out a loud gasp and then dropping to the floor.

As he fell face first onto the muddy forest ground, it became apparent to Sunggyu that an arrow had pierced through the man’s skin and into his spine. He instantly turned to the only person who held a bow and arrow, and to his shock, the man held the same expression as him, as he was still in the same position as he was before, staring at the scarred hunter who’s eyes were wide in fear, confirming to Sunggyu that he was the source of the now unconscious man’s possible paralysis.

“What did you do?” Woohyun asked, “Why did you throw it?”

“I-I…” He trailed off, “Is he dead?” He whispered.

“No.” Sunggyu replied, “Not dead, but… possible permanently paralysed. Wouldn’t know for sure unless he visits a doctor.”

“How is he going to visit a doctor?” Sungjong scoffed, “They won’t even try to help him.”

Sunggyu stared at the injured man, before turning to Sungyeol. “Can you…?” The other looked up at Sunggyu and then at the other two men.

“Not now.” He replied quietly.

“We have to go now.” Sunggyu urged, “We might be seen.”

“W-Will he be okay?” Myungsoo asked, “I swear, I didn’t mean to-”

“He’ll be okay.” Sunggyu replied, “He will, so don’t worry.”

 


OKAY GUESS WHO IS HOME ALONE AND  WAS A GENIUS TO DECIDE TO WATCH A HORROR MOVIE ABOUT SOMEONE GETTING KILLED WHEN THEY WERE ALONE IN THEIR HOUSE. IM SO SCARED RIGHT NOW SOBS SO IM JUST GONNA CASUALLY UPDATE THIS FIC LIKE IM PERFECTLY FINE AND WAIT FOR COMMENTS TO KEEP MY MIND OFF THIS. BYE GUYS. HOPE YOU ENJOY T~T

BUT STILL, STAY SAFE AND DONT WATCH HORROR MOVIES WHEN YOURE HOME ALONE.