Chapter 1

Love Online

          The bell finally put an end to my long and boring day at school. My best friend was already waiting for me outside. We had been friends for two years. I had met this cute boy during my first year at high school. My parents had just left Seoul and I had been alone in this new city. Groups were already formed in the class. Fortunately, Jung Kook changed the whole situation when he had talked to me for the first time. That day had been the beginning of our long lasting friendship.

          However, it was our third year at high school and Jung Kook wasn't in my class anymore. Once again, I was alone. It felt like the first day I had spent in Busan.

          Those sad memories left my mind when I spotted Jung Kook in front of the school.

 

"How was your day ?" he asked.

"Pretty good. But it's sad not to have you in my class."

"Ooh.. you really like me, don't you ?" he claimed proudly.

"Don't speak nonsense ! To be honest, I'm bored when the buffoon is not there."

"A buffoon ? Is that what I am to you ?"

 

          His face was so funny. His eyes were wide open because of the shock. This guy took my words so seriously.

 

"What I mean is that you're always so funny. That's why I feel lonely when you're not with me."

"Well, it's okay.." he frowned. "Anyway, you'll be able to make friends later. You should just speak to others. Do not stay at the back of the classroom to pout because you're missing your wonderful soul mate."

"My wonderful soul mate ? You ?" I asked, surprised.

 

          He only nodded with a I-know-it-all smile plastered on his face.

 

"That will never happen !"

 

          With those words, I took a few steps away from him and towards the bus stop. It was located right in front of the school. Jung Kook ran after me while laughing. He had always had sweet words for me. We had a special relationship. My parents even had an hard time believing we were only friends. To tell the truth, I liked Jung Kook a lot. I liked his appearance and also his way of thinking. However, true romance had never occurred between us.

 

"Is it because of Lover97 ?" he asked

 

          Lover97 was a young boy I had met on a website Jung Kook had told me about. Well, he had been busy chatting on it during a weekend I had spent at his place. I had enjoyed myself by playing video games. He hadn't showed me his profile as he only told me it was a good place to meet people.

          Out of curiosity, I had wanted to try it too. At first, I had found it boring and I had even thought of canceling my subscription. Yet, this thought had left my mind when I had met Lover97. Although I knew nothing about his appearance, his age or even his name, I liked him. He was very nice to me.

 

"You keep thinking about him, don't you ?"

"It's not as if I'm in love.." I answered.

"You're not ?"

"No ! I can't fall in love with someone I haven't even met."

"Why not ?" he said. "His personality should be enough."

"Not long ago you pretended to be my soul mate and now you want me to go to another guy ?"

"I just want to know if you love him." he explained.

"He is really nice and I enjoy talking to him. But, I'm not in love." I clarified. "I have never met him, that's why I should be careful."

"What would you do if he suddenly shows up ?"

 

          I shrugged off his question. After that, we quietly waited for the bus. When it finally arrived, we sat at the back and Jung Kook gave me an earphone. Then, he got closer and tapped his shoulder. Naturally, I rested my head on it with closed eyes to enjoy this moment with the one who had an important place in my life.