perpendicular thoughts.

parallel lines and intersections
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"No! Sehun, you're doing the functions all wrong. Oh for dear god what did you even learn in high school." Seulgi lets out a frustrated sigh before breathing in deeply in attempt to vanquish all her negative emotions. An effort to retain a professional aura.

"I ing passed with a D," he deadpans. Perhaps it wasn't the best idea of his to join the University with a large amount of Calculus majors not to mention the university did specialize in mathematics. But the scholarship amount appealed way too much.

They first started off with curt talks, Seulgi explaining the formulas and then Sehun trying them out. Afterwards, it unexpectedly entered a zone full of blunt insults and him staring blankly at her. 

"Sehun, I'm going to be honest with you," she drawls, shaking her head with disbelief, "you should have failed that course." 

"I had lots of help." Sehun raised his hands in a defensive manner but there was that glint in his eye that set Seulgi in a mass of flames. Almost as if, he was suggesting something. ( as a seventh sense, she just had to blurt out her assumption. )

"You either had the help from a god, a ing miracle worker or you cheated," she replied nonchalantly, tapping the tip of her blue pen against her pale cheek.

"I'd rather not say that Jongin is a god, it would only inflate his ego and pride even more but I can assure you, I did not cheat," Sehun scoffed with a light smirk. "I'm rather offended you even suggested that."

"That the world doesn't spin around your orbit? I'm going to be brutally honest with you Sehun if your Calculus is going to make any progress. Your other tutors may have let you off easy but I'm going to push you until you fall off the cliff itself," Seulgi comments with a small shrugs as if her speech were a mere meaningless few words. Too bad, she was a nightmare at Calculus.

His smirk quickly escalated into a small frown. "Doesn't it hurt your conscience being this cruel to me? I mean I don't even remember talking to you in our duration of high school together."

"That's cause you had a notorious record of being a jackass with a smart mouth and a huge partying spirit," she spits back with a sense of perplexity. Why was she being this rude? Was it because she was talking to the Satan known as Oh Sehun or was it because of the patience that was long buried in the trash can along with millions of eraser shavings.

"My high school years weren't the best." Sehun nods in agreement, somehow sensing her annoyance.

"Understatement of the century," Seulgi laughs dryly. "You broke my favourite barista's heart, she quit her job because of you. There's a reason why I can't drink good quality coffee now." 

And Sehun lets out a small chuckle of amusement. His dark hair hanging loosely across his forehead and he shoots her the most dazzling and blinding smile she has ever seen from him.

It's at moments such as these that Seulgi starts to see Oh Sehun as an actual attractive guy who could be a possible love interest. Not the restless, stubborn , annoying student she's forced to tutor. There was an obvious reason why he turned out to be an English major, Calculus is sincerely absolutely not his thing.

"So is it safe to assume that you're not coming the party tomorrow?" Sehun smirks with a gleam in his  dark eyes.

"Another frat party?" Seulgi comments with a small snort. "Wasn't there one just last week?"

"What can I say? Baekhyun and Jongin are bored as hell these days— with most of the exams coming up, everyone wants to let off some steam."

"And that's why Oh Sehun that you are going to fail that Calculus exam if you don't start studying," Seulgi retorts with a sweet smile to lessen the weight of her words. It was just an odd habit she did to make everything seem a lot more ironic.

"And they had to give me the most sadistic tutor," Sehun mutters underneath his breath. 

"What was that?" Seulgi cranes her neck to uncover his muffled words.

"Nothing," Sehun responds with a smile plastered innocently upon his face. It takes a while for Seulgi to tear her eyes away from his stunning facial features but she would never admit it. His attitude sincerely does take away from his looks, which somehow reassures her.

"Whatever you say."

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

"Seungwan," she drawls out in a puff, "why is there a cat sitting in the living room?"

After a long hour of tutoring the ineffiable Oh Sehun, Seulgi had finally began making her way back to the dorms only to be greeted by some feline meowing at the door. 

The brunette chortled about awkwardly before hitting her knee gently with the palm of her hand. "Well...um you see...we're cat sitting this week!"

"I-I can't believe you," Seulgi releases a loud groan before flopping on to the couch, the cat immediately eyed her with emerald green slits. 

"Believe the money we're going to earn from this, I'm broke."

"Sometimes— i think you should just stop partying on Saturdays and spending your money drinking the night away," she retorts with a pinch. The cat had begun scratching the couch legs and meowing loudly much to Seulgi's blatant annoyance.

"you think that all the time, but I have to got to admire Sehun and Chanyeol somehow." Seungwan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter