One

Show me Love

Y/N POV

 

“Okay okay, what about this?” I make a little turn and look with expectation to my best friend. I have changed to up to 10 ten times, but everything just feels off.

“You look great! Just like the other 10 times!” Liz throws her arms up in agony and I give her a big hug “We both look great!” she  shrugs me off and walks to my closet

“with this bomber on top of your crop top, it will be even more perfect.” I put it on and she gives me a big smile “You look way more like a rapper now”  She makes a weird move with it and I can’t help but laugh

“ooh what would I be without you” She throws her hair over her shoulder and with her nose in the air she crosses her arms “You would be completely lost, obviously” I can’t help but laugh and watch as she takes on of my coats and puts it on

“I can borrow this, right?” I nod and she gives me a big smile and slurs me with her “Okay lets go, we are already late. This way you will be last in the auditions.”

 

After what seems like forever we are finally sitting inside and waiting for our, well mine turn. Looking at the other people getting judged, my nerves are building up.

“I am so happy that I brought some food with me!” Liz takes out her snack and holds it up in front of me “Stop fizzling at your clothes! You look great, here take a bit instead”

“How can you eat so much junk food and still stay so skinny” I shake my head to deny and she gives me a knowing smile

“Well that is easy, I have a best friend that is a workout addict. Especially after you and Haeseol broke u-”She doesn’t finish her sentence and quickly takes another bite while looking into another direction.

“It is fine, don’t worry about it. I am indeed a work out addict, you might consider thanking me for it”

“Thank youu” She gives me a bright smile but then turned serious “How are Haesol and you? Have you guys talked at all?”

“I don’t know.. We haven’t talked.. It is just…” I can feel the tears welling up, I quickly bat them away

“Lets talk about it later, with a nice meal, some ice cream. Lets now just focus on your audition” She quickly changes the topic to my audition “Who are you hoping that is going to judge you?”

“I don’t really care who it is, I exactly don’t really know who the judges are” I admit embarrass  it and she gives me an annoyed and frustrated look “I have been only working for the past days, no time to look them up.”

“Well I have and I hope that you won’t get the quett or Dok 2”  She points to the mass “At least now you also know that Madclown and Gill are judging”

“All this talk about who the judges are is making me more and more nervous” She stops me from tapping nervously “So that is why you didn’t look the judges up..”

“Also a reason and mostly busy”

“Well no reason to be nervous, I believe in you!” It is my turn to head down and she gives me a hug for encouragement and whispers some last encouragement to me. I give her a smile and when I am standing in the line looking back at her she mouths fighting to me. I laugh, it does make me feel a bit more at ease, I won’t lie.

 

Avoiding looking at who my judge is, I slowly repeat the words and I know them all, I just hope I won't forget them. I hear the raps becoming louder and it is making me more nervous. I stop fizzling with my clothes when I hear someone stopping in front of me. I look up and I am feeling mixed emotions about seeing him again.

 

Sung-Hwa POV

"Sung-Hwa..." I can hear my name softly falling of her lips and I can't believe I am seeing her again. Giving me a short flashback as to the first time I saw her

 

"Come on you don't have to stay long, just for a few more minutes, help me finish this!” Kiseok is acting ridiculous as always and I sight and sit down again

“I am really hungry…” About to get food, he always seems to stop me wanting to go together. “Fine I will stay! I will have to tell Haesol that I will be late”

“Invite him to come here! We can go together later” I nod and call him and as kind he always is he doesn’t object and is heading over to our AOMG office as we speak.

He arrives shortly after, Kiseok and him get off in some deep conversation and it seems that I am the one going down to see what is going  on. I arrive at the desk and when I ask them why I had to come down they point to couch where someone is sitting down. I thank them and when I turn around to face this person again, she is already standing up facing me. I open my mouth to only close it again. I just look at her and she is also looking surprised at me, blushing by the fact that my eyes haven’t diverted of her sight since I first lied my eyes on her.

“Ehm I am here to give this to Haesol” She holds up a set of keys and a wallet” I finally take my eyes of her and look at her hands, they seem so soft. I look back at her eyes and she turns even redder. “I am Sunghwa”  I hold up my hand and she takes it with a shy smile, we shake hands for a while and after she lets go I can still feel her soft warm hands.

“I am Y/N, nice to meet you” I nod and she smiiles, I feel my words slipping away again and I quickly get my thoughts back together “Very nice to meet you too” I give her a nervous smile.

“Could you give these to Haesol? I am already running late” I take them from her with a smile and  a nod “I will give them to him” She gives me a last smile before leaving

“Was nice to meet you!” I call after her and she turns around surprised “Was nice to meet you too’ She flashes me one last smile before heading out.

I am still standing here, breathing the remaining scent of her perfume, Kate… I hope I see you again.

 

I quickly get back to my senses and I can already feel everybody starring, I greet her. Kate greets me back, surprised to see me again. She is fizzling with her hands, scraping her troat, she must be really nervous. I give her the same words I say to everyone and after taking a small breath she starts and the sweet girl I know suddenly got a more edgier side to her.

After she is done everyone is clapping, looking is awh at her. My mouth is still open and I don’t have words for her. I just hand her the chain and she gives me a surprised look. Her eyes lighting a bit up when my hand softly and swiftly touches her.  Not breaking eye contact I open my mouth only to close it again “congrats” I can’t even finish my congratulations even now she makes me go crazy with nerves

“Thank you” She bows to me and I have to move on, I give her one last glance but she isn’t looking at me anymore, just to the place where a second ago I was standing.

Y/N POV

 

I am looking at the spot where Sunghwa was standing not even a minute ago.. What just happened. Did I really? I am just letting everything sink in and I finally look up to take a look around only to see every guy eyeing me up and down, every girl looking in disgust yet admiration at me. This is all just to confusing.

I try to find Liz in the audience, but where she was once seated is now empty. I take out my phone and ahh she left me a text saying  I was amazing that she is proud of me but that she had something coming up so she won’t be able to drop me off home. Well I am at least glad that she got to see me audition.

I look sneakily to my left to see Sunghwa still judging other contestants, but it is as if he can feel my gaze and he looks straight at me. I freeze and he also doesn’t break eye contact, I give him a smile and he gives me one back and before focusing back on the contestant gives me a wink … Did I just imagine that? No.. right? I feel my cheeks already turning red and I quickly turn my gaze back to the floor. I still can’t believe that I just rapped in front of him, the first time I rapped in front of Haesol he told me he didn’t like it. That it made me more manly, that he liked me more female. Well the more female and delicate side of me. Of course he did admit that I had talent, but I was never like that with him. But sunghwa’s reaction is totally different. He didn’t looked disgusted at me, he looked surprised, pleasantly surprised, almost admiring. Like he didn’t expect it, but loved the see this side of me. Or am I just imagining it all and is he hoping that I won’t rap anymore?

Lost in thought I don’t even notice that I am aloud to leave, I quickly step out of the line. Some other contestant seem to have gathered the nerve to talk to me and we are now exactly having a nice conversation while still looking at the ongoing auditions. 

 

 

It started to pour outside and I am hoping it will end soon, taking cover my thoughts drift to sunghwa once again. I really never dreamed of seeing him here, I hoped of seeing him one day, but.. I still can’t believe he is going to be one of the judges.

I remember that when I first met him, he was so shy, so kind. Sweet. I can’t help but laugh, to bad that he never contacted me. Even if we didn’t necessary leave on bad terms, I can’t help but be a bit sour about that. I  do want to ask him, but it does seem a bit inappropriate to have such a relationship with the judges. 

The rain seems to become worse and worse, should I just go for it..? Just run trough it, how long would it be for me to get home? I am such a fool for letting my wallet at home. I am just plainly staring at the rain falling down, when I hear someone calling my name

 

Sunghwa POV

 

" Y/N?" I put my head a bit higher and she seems surprised to see me so soon again. I look around and she is just standing here alone, hiding from the rain, lost in her thoughts.

“Why are you here alone? Here hiding from the rain?”

"My friend bailed on me..." She shivers and looks back to the clouds. Not sure if it is smart, but right now that is the last thing on my mind.

“Wait here for a second okay?” She nods at me and I quickly walk to my car. Carefully I drive up next to her, she is still standing there, her arms wrapped around herself, looking up to the sky. I admire her nice complexion but by seeing her shiver I quickly get out of the car. She looks surprised at me and open the car door at her side. Looking confused at me, I can’t help but smile, she is so cute.

“I will give you a ride”

“You don’t have too, the rain will be over any second” by her saying that, we here a loud bang from the sky. I give her a knowing look and she bits her lip. She now must have realized that I won’t go without her.

“Come get in, I will drive you home. It is only getting worse”  With a lot of doubt she takes place and I softly close the door after her and quickly head over to my seat.

 

She gives me her address and after ticking it in I drive off to it. I am not sure what to say to her, tell her she was great, ask her how she is? I want to aks everything know everything, yet I don’t know how to start. So here I am driving in silence and neither is Y/N saying anything. It seems that a thousand things are going trough her mind and I would pay every penny I had to know what it is.

“How have you been?” I nervously start “We haven’t talked in a while, in a long time”

“We have indeed not seen nor talked to one an other in a long time. You never contacted me” I can hear that she is trying to be nonchalant about it, but she does sound a bit hurt and sour about it and I don’t blame her.

“Yes” I feel bad about hurting her, but now I finally have the chance to explain myself to her. “I was going to contact you, but my phone broke and I lost everything on it”

“Really?” I can hear the doubt and disbelieve in her voice and it does sound like a lame excuse and I do wish I had a better reason, but it is what happened. I park the car and undo my seatbelt to face her “I have been wanting to contact you since I first met you and when I had your number I was.. I.. I was so excited and then” Her eyes soften up by hearing me explain and I quickly continue telling her what has been weighting on my heart before I lose the courage “I broke my phone, lost everything. Then when I finally realized I couldn’t contact you, I looked for you.. I.. I should have tried harder, I am sorry I left you with expectations that I never met… I..”

“Since when are you this straightforward?” She laughs and I feel the tension flee my body “What happened to the shy guy that asked for my number?” She slightly pokes me and I am so relieved that she seems to believe me.

“I am still here, I just.. I have been wanting to say this for such a long time” She nods and we fall back in silence. Listening to the rain pouring down on us. I look out the window and I see that there is a cafeteria. Maybe we could go there, warm up a bit. I look at Y/N and she still seems to be so cold.  “Here” I hand her my coat “You can put this on” I step outside and head over to her side to open the door for her. I hold my hand out for her and she is looking confused at me

“Lets gets something warm to drink”  She takes my hand with a smile and softly but noticeably bits her lip. I pull her a bit closer and hand in hand we run across the street.

Laughing together we reach the cafeteria and she bumps a little into me when we stop and I open the door for her to enter first, she looks over her shoulde and gives me a smile. I didn’t know what would happen when I offered her a ride, but it seems that it was the best decision I have made today. I definitely won’t regret it.