Authors Note: LIFE UPDATE 1.06.2022

Firefly December

Hi everyone, this is the author luckyone912.

It's been years since I last logged in to AFF so I don't know if anyone here remembers me or this story (I haven't been able to change my username for a while anyway), but I thought it'd be a good idea to give you a life update explaining some things during my long hiatus. ^^;

So, for some background context, Firefly December was the very first EXO fanfic I wrote when I was 13 and some of the characters and events that have occurred in the story were actually inspired by some of my own personal experiences with my friends. Looking back, I've written that story as a way to cope being rejected by my crush after confessing to him in sixth grade which was basically the 'core concept' behind the relationship between Jinhye and Kyungsoo. 

Now, the reason why I haven't been able to update this story for so long was because, no matter how many times I've actually tried to write parts of Firefly December, I kept having this demotivating feeling that it wasn't good enough which led me to getting constant writer's block. I had this mindset back whenever I read other fanfics online. Looking at the quality from other fics made me feel amazed yet, also conscious of my own writing which encouraged me to push my limits higher. However, I somehow ended up making the plot a little too complicated either that  the chapters were too long or too short. 

From the start, I actually didn't plan things through before I started writing since the idea was all up in my head so I pretty much just went with the flow. But no matter what, the outcome turned out not as I intended, to the point where I started to hate the story.

I... felt terrible. Not only to myself as a writer, but to the readers who have given me the support to read this fic. As much as I wanted to even rewrite Firefly December from scratch, I was worried that I wouldn't meet their expectations. 

The plot went through a LOT of changes as I continued to develop the story throughout high school (which was eventually used for a media project in year 12 lol) Eventually my story in real life changed as well. As much as it hurt getting my heart broken in sixth grade, I was actually more happy that my crush from sixth grade and I were able to talk things out and become really good friends again.

So another reason I haven't updated was that I've pretty much moved on as I got older. Not only that I've gotten over my past, but I haven't been too caught up on KPop as I was before back in high school. I've gotten into other fandoms lately that I barely listen to it anymore tbh. But even so, I'll never forget that EXO has a special place in my heart (Kyungsoo is still my ult bias ofc XD). 

So yea, here I am. Right now I'm a uni student logging into this AFF account after 5.5 years hhhh. I feel like there's still a lot more in my mind that I wanted to talk about but this is pretty much all I could type so far qwq

I can't promise that I'll come back for good \ but that doesn't mean I'll delete everything completely. So for now, this story is still unfinished.

To this day, I'm... still not too confident in my writing. Though not gonna lie, if I could I'd love to rewrite Firefly December or even redraw it into another animatic/graphic novel (with a PROPER ending). But... like I said, I just don't have the time nowadays and I've moved on from that mindset back in high school. 

Despite the plot having so many flaws and that it was all over the place, I still very much treasure this story as it was the first fic I've ever written.

To the readers who have subscribed and have read Firefly December, I want to thank you for all the love and support with your votes and positive comments. And I'm really sorry that I haven't updated in so long. I didn't think it would reach so many views, but I'm really glad you've enjoyed reading this story.