The 5pm Date

The 5pm Date

“Can I ask for your help?” Hanbin, also known as B.I., suddenly opened my practice room door and barged in, sitting next to me on the piano stool.

“Don’t you know how to knock?” I glared at him while unwillingly scooting to the side to give him space to sit.

Hanbin, being the cocky leader that he was, did not respond my question and kept rambling instead, “It’s urgent. I need you to feature in my song. You have time today, don’t you?”

“First of all,” I turned my body to face him, “don’t barged in here like it’s your own house. Second of all,” I suddenly stopped. I just realized that his face was only a few centimetres in front of mine and I could easily smell his perfume. He was wearing a sleeveless shirt so his recently-built arm muscle was shown.

My heart just skipped a beat.

, Kim Hanbin, don’t you know I like you?

“Second of all?” He squinted his eyes and looked directly to me, waiting for an answer.

“Second of all,” I coughed a bit to ease my nervousness, “I’m busy.”

Hanbin was startled, “How come you’re busy? You were just playing random notes on the piano.”

“How did you know I was just playing random notes?” His answer got me curious. It was true, though, that I was just randomly playing any note that came across my mind. I did not have enough sleep last night because someone named Lee Suhyun showed me a video of iKON’s LG CF where Hanbin almost kissed our trainee, Jisoo.

Now I’m burned in jealousy. But to be fair, who am I? I’m just a midget with big voice compared to that skinny tall cute pampered Barbie doll.

“I was,” He stuttered

“You were?”

“Well,” He continued, “I saw you through the glass window on the door.”

“You peeked in?” I was surprised. Did he stalk me or something?

“No!” He was being a bit defensive, “Anyway, come to the recording room on the 4th floor at 5pm. The song will be ready by then.”

“Yah, Kim Hanbin!” By the time I was able to call out his name, he was already halfway outside the room. But stopped and turned back.

“What?” His cold gaze pierced through the air. That cold yet charismatic look that people love so much, including me. And right at that second, my heart skipped another beat.

I coughed again. This nervousness did not seem to get away.

“Who else will be there?” I avoided his eyes, embarrassed and afraid that he would sense my jealousy if he looked into my eyes.

“Where? At the studio?”

“Hm..” I nodded.

“Just you,” He, too, avoided my eyes. And I swore I saw his cheek flushed a little, “and me. Just both of us.”

Now instead of skipping beat by beat, my heart decided to race up. It was not only his cheeks that were flushed, I’m sure mine were too.

, Hayi, control yourself.

“Okay, then.” I heard my own voice echoed in the room. Did I just said yes to his request? Damn, girl. You just couldn’t miss a chance of being together with Hanbin, could you?

“Okay, what?” He reconfirmed.

“Okay, I’ll be there.” My shy smiled gave me away. Fortunately, he was smiling too. That goofy smile that was only shown while he was flustered and happy at the same time.

“Okay. So see you?” He bravely looked at my eyes. And I couldn’t help myself but to look at him back.

“See you.”

Then the door was closed.

What he did not know was I immediately jumped around the room like a giddy junior high school girl in a Big Bang concert when GD oppa smiled at her.

What I did not know was he immediately danced foolishly in front of my practice room like a giddy junior high school boy after he gave a successful confession to a noona he liked.

Lee Hayi, you better not screw this up.