Cuddles

Cuddles

Being close was great. Giving skin ship was even better. Yet, cuddles were one of the best things in the world. That was at least if you´d asked Park Jimin. Jimin absolutely loved cuddles. It didn´t matter how bad his mood was or how much hardship he was facing, cuddles always seemed to make everything better. He couldn´t remember a time when he didn´t love to cuddle. Even as a child he had only slept hugging innumerous stuffed toys and clinging to his mother whenever he got a chance. To be honest, it had caused him lots of troubles during his school years when the others had thought he was weird for always searching for skin ship but he hadn´t cared, instead just kept clinging to his best friend.

The hardest time though had been just after he had entered the company. Moving to Seoul alone to become a trainee he had to leave his parents, brother, friends and everyone he would normally cuddle with behind. At the same time he had just met his future members so he couldn´t just randomly hug them even if he really had wanted to, especially after an extraordinary and tiring day. Yet, he hadn´t want the other´s to think he was weird so he had done his best to restrain himself. Instead he had hugged his pillow tightly every night, pretending it was a person, but it couldn´t ever give him the same comfort and warmth a human being would.

To his luck it hadn´t taken long for him to grow close to the other members and the closer they had grown the cuddlier he himself had gotten. To his surprise the members hadn´t judged him but had just accepted his clinginess all the same they had accepted Namjoon´s clumsiness or Taehyung´s 4D-charakter. By now he didn´t have any reserve and would just cling to any member whenever he felt like it.

Cuddles with Namjoon were always a little awkward. It wasn´t that they weren´t close but Namjoon just wasn´t the cuddly typ. In fact the older wasn´t really fond of skin ship at all though Jimin always felt as if the leader didn´t seem to mind if it was their oldest giving it. But in general he was just more reserved when it came to skin ship and so he had also been the last to get used to Jimin´s random cuddle attacks. The older had done his best not to show it but the smaller had felt him stiffen anyways. Even though Namjoon still wouldn´t really initiate anything himself, he would at least return the hugs by now. They mostly were soft, almost insecure, but it was enough to satisfy Jimin´s need for cuddles for a while.

Jin´s hugs were of the motherly typ. Their oldest always seem to sense when any of the members were uncomfortable and so he had been the first to notice the younger´s huge need for skin ship, immediately helping to satisfied it. Even now Jimin remembered the day he had had an extremely difficult day, even felt like giving up, when Jin had wordlessly wrapped his arms around him and he was still thankful for it. Their oldest vocal would always be there when he needed cuddles, just holding him. Cuddles with Jin were always calming and reassuring no matter how agitated Jimin would feel and so the older was one of the first persons he looked for after an especially tough day.

Cuddles with Hoseok always were close. As their main dancer was a pretty cuddly person, they hadn´t taken long to warm up to each other, clinging to one another on a regular basis. No matter where they were, if it was in the dorms, at a set or even in front of the camera, Hoseok would suddenly hug him from behind or wind his arms around the younger´s shoulder and Jimin would do the dame. Sometimes even the late night dance practice they shared would end up with them cuddling in one of the corners, swaying to the music or singing along.

Hugs with Taehyung were always wild. They had become friends fast and as the younger didn´t mind skin ship as well, they had always been a lot of it between them. Yet, cuddles with each other usually seemed to end up in a mess. Sometimes one of them would just jump on the other´s back without warning, startling the other before they would end up rolling round on the floor, trying to pin each other down. Other times one of them would just start tickling after a few seconds of hugging causing them to end up in a tickling match until they were both out of breath.

Cuddles with Jongkook were much different. It was kind of like hugging your younger brother. Not only because he was younger for real, but Jongkook was just in the phase of life where he wasn´t very keen of being hugged by his Hyungs. Instead the younger would just let Jimin cling to him for a few minutes before he would just push the older away or annoy him until the shorter man would voluntarily let go.

Yet, no matter how much he liked cuddling with each one of them, there was someone he enjoyed cuddling with the most. Jimin absolutely loved cuddles with Yoongi! Even though it had taken them a while to get that close, for Jimin there was nothing that could compare to the rapper´s hugs. Being held by the older always caused his heart to thump wildly in his chest and butterflies to gather in his stomach. Yoongi´s hugs were just so tender making Jimin feel so precious, so love that he felt like he could face anything, Whenever the rapper would wrap his arms around him or his hair, so gently as if he was gonna break, Jimin just felt as if nothing in the world could ever hurt him. The warmth of Yoongi´s embrace was so comforting, so comfortable that he sometimes wished he could stay there forever.

 

Sighting Jimin slammed the lit of his laptop shut before slowly getting up from his bed. They were having a free afternoon and evening for the first time in a while as they had just finished their Run-Promotions and the orange-haired had spent the last two hours surfing the internet without any real goal at all. The other members were spread throughout the dorm, doing whatever to recover from the exhausting schedules.

At first Jimin had enjoyed having some time to himself but now he really felt like cuddles and he knew he wouldn´t be able to relax until someone would give in and hold him for a few minutes.

Placing his laptop back onto the table, Jimin pounded which member he should go to. Hoseok was already excluded as the dancer had gone out with some friends, but apart from that Jimin wasn´t sure who to go to. He really wanted to go over to Yoongi in the other room and snuggle into the older´s side but the rapper had been behaving kind of cold towards him lately so he didn´t want to annoy Yoongi any further. In the end he settled for Jin. The oldest would cuddle him for as long as he wanted and maybe he could use the chance to ask his Hyung if he knew what was wrong with Yoongi lately.

Expecting their oldest to be cooking or something Jimin made his way to the kitchen but stopped in his tracks when he noticed Namjoon sitting on the sofa in the living-room. A drama was playing on TV and as he stepped closer he saw their oldest member lying on the sofa as well. Jin´s head was placed on the younger´s lap and their leader´s hand was slowly carting through the oldest´s hair as both of their eyes were glued to the lighted screen. They seemed so into their own world that Jimin decided not to interrupt them. Instead he turned, walking back towards the bed rooms.

It seemed like Taehyung would have to do. As his best friend hadn´t been in their room earlier the orange-haired expected him to be with Jongkook and therefor he quickly made his way to the Maknae and leaders´ room. He really wanted cuddles right now!

»TaeT…« slamming the door open, Jimin was about to jump onto the taller man but was stopped by an angry glare from the other singer. Raising a questioning brow he was about to speak up again, but the younger quickly placed his finger to his own lips, using his head to motion towards the person beside him. It was only now that Jimin noticed their Maknae snuggled into Taehyung´s chest, sleeping peacefully. The sight caused a smile to appear on Jimin´s lips as he nodded in understanding and quickly left the room. Letting out a sigh, he quietly closed the door behind himself before heading down the hallway.

Seemed like he had to convince Yoongi to cuddle with him. It didn´t seem that big of a task but the moment Jimin was standing in front of the older´s room, he felt his heart accelerating its beat and his hands starting to get sweaty from nervousness. Ever since they had gotten close enough Jimin had had no problem to snuggle into his Hyung´s side but things had changed a lot for the last few weeks.

About 6 weeks ago Yoongi had started to behave strangely towards him, pushing him away whenever the younger was about to initiate some long cuddle session. Yet, Yoongi wasn´t one to hold a grudge and Jimin couldn´t remember doing anything wrong, so he just couldn´t explain why the older was behaving like that and it caused him to be walking around on egg shells near the older. Yet, he really needed some cuddles right now and so he decided to just give it a try.

Taking a deep breath he carefully knocked on the door, but there was no reply. Frowning, Jimin wondered if Yoongi had left the dorm as well, but the older hadn´t mentioned anything about it and so Jimin slowly opened the door to throw a glance inside. Yoongi was lying on the stomach on his bed, his laptop in front of him, earphone plugged in.

»Hyung? « Jimin spoke lowly, not wanting to startle the older, but Yoongi seemed too focused on the YouTube video on his screen to even notice Jimin standing in the doorway.

The scene cause a smile to play around Jimin´s lips as he stepped into the room. Yoongi being so focused on things he liked was one of the things Jimin had always admired about the older.

»Hyung? « Jimin tried again as he stepped closer to the bed but Yoongi still didn´t seem to notice, causing the smile to slowly fall from his face – Jimin hated being ignored, especially if it was Yoongi. Yet, it reappeared rather quickly when the thought accrued to him that Yoongi being totally focused on something might be a good chance to get at least a few minutes of cuddles from the older.

Making his way over to the bed he threw himself beside the older, as soon as he was close enough, startling Yoongi.

»What the heck, Jimin! « Yoongi jumped up immediately, slamming the lit of the laptop shut before Jimin even got a chance to catch a glimpse. »What´s wrong with you! «

»I…I…« Yoongi´s harsh reaction left Jimin speechless. The older had never been very fond of the wild play from the younger members but never had Jimin seen him that angry – eyes narrowed and angry red painting his cheeks. »I…I am sorry, Hyung. I didn´t mean…« lowering his head Jimin tried to avoid the rapper´s angry eyes, but looked up again, when Yoongi interrupted him immediately.

»Just forget it! Just leave me alone! « Yoongi´s voice was unforgiving causing Jimin to swallow hard before he could speak up again.

»But Hyung…« he wanted to ask Yoongi what he had done wrong, why Yoongi was behaving so cold but the older´s dark expression silenced him the same moment.

Suddenly he felt tears stinging in his eye causing him to quickly jump up from the bed and hurry over to the door. Muttering another quiet ´Sorry´, as he reached the door, he slammed it shut before rushing to his own shared room. As soon as Jimin reached his room, he threw himself onto his bed, not caring if any of his roommates had come back yet. Pulling the blanket over his head, Jimin reached for his favorite stuffed animal – the one Yoongi had gifted him on his first birthday after they met, before finally letting his tears fall freely. His hand started shaking and he grabbed the little animal harder, as all the helplessness he had felt these past few weeks overwhelmed him.

Ever since Yoongi had started to ignore him, started to push him away, Jimin had spent nights awake, wondering what he might have done to upset the older that much. They had been so close before, to the point where he had wondered if there was something more than friendship between them, but now it was as if Yoongi would be happy if he never got to know him in the first place. He had tried to apologize a few times but Yoongi had behaved like he hadn´t notice.

Suddenly a thought accrued to him but it didn´t do anything to calm him down, instead worrying him even more. Could it be that he had been too obvious? The thought made him swallow hard and he pressed the stuffed animal even closer to his chest. Yes, he definitely had a crush on the older, maybe even more – that much he had admitted to himself a long time ago but he had always done his best to hide it form the others especially Yoongi himself. Could it be that he hadn´t been as sneaky about it as he thought he were? Could it be that Yoongi had noticed about his feelings, that he felt disgust by it?

The more he thought about it, the more it seemed like the most logical explanation. Harder sobs shook his body as he felt the burning pain in his heart slowly spreading through his body. Pulling his legs closer to his chest Jimin couldn´t help but to admit to himself that he was obviously not only harboring a crush for but something much deeper. Yet, he had no idea how that realization was supposed to help him, instead it only made him feel worse. He really needed Yoongi to stop being angry with him and he would do about anything for it. Only, he wasn´t ready for it, yet. He didn´t even feel like cuddles anymore! Instead he just wanted to spend the rest of the day buried under his blanket, not having to see anyone at all.

 

He must have fallen asleep because he was woken by a light shaking on his shoulder. Opening his eyes carefully he was met with Hoseok´s bright smile.

»Leave me alone! « Usually his Hyung´s smile was infectious to Jimin but for once he didn´t feel like playing around with Hoseok. He just wanted to be alone, tending to his own broken heart. Yet, as always the older didn´t seem to be at least taken aback by the harsh response.

»Get up! We are gonna watch a movie together. You can have your dinner while we watch. «

Dinner? Throwing a glance at the clock on the nightstand, Jimin´s eyes widened in surprise. It was already after seven so he must have been asleep for at least four hours. Yet, he still felt utterly exhausted. Rubbing the sleep from his eyes he brought his attention back to the beaming Hoseok in front of him.

»I am not hungry! I just want to stay here. « His words caused the lightening smile on Hobi´s face to dim slightly and Jimin immediately felt sorry for being so harsh.

»Come on, it´s been a while since we watched something together. Just one movie! « The older´s voice was hopeful and Jimin knew he was fighting a losing battle. Only a heartless person could knowingly make the beaming smile on the dancers lips disappear and so he nodded in defeat.

To his surprise Hoseok didn´t usher him straight to the living room instead sending him to the bathroom to wash up. His reflection in the mirror looked back at him with slightly red eyes and disheveled hair, but it was nothing that couldn´t be fixed in a few minutes.

Stepping into the living room Jimin kept his eyes glued to the ground, too scared that if he met Yoongi´s eyes, he would burst out crying again. The other members were already spread out over the couch and floor so he made his way over to the empty pillow furthest from where Yoongi was sitting on the sofa beside Jin. He didn´t even get a chance to sit down straight when Hoseok already handed him a bowl of Chapjae, urging him to eat while he went to set up the movie. The smell of the fresh noodles made Jimin´s stomach rumble and he suddenly noticed how hungry he was.

Digging in, he was about half way done with his food when he heard the starting tune of some old Disney movie before seconds later Hoseok´s warm body wrapped around his back, the older´s arms wrapping around his middle. Letting out a sigh Jimin placed the bowl aside, feeling the need for cuddles rush back into him. He leaned a little deeper into Hoseok´s embrace and as a song played on TV and the older started to slightly sway them from side to side, a happy, relaxed giggle left his mouth. For a moment he started to forget all the searing questions about his relationship with Yoongi, but the little bubble got destroyed seconds later when said guy´s deep voice cut through his relaxed mind.

»Hoseok, stop bothering Jimin and watch the movie! « There was obviously anger in Yoongi´s voice causing all the sadness Jimin had felt before, turn into anger as well. On one side Yoongi was behaving like he didn´t even exist but on the other side he always seemed to get angry whenever any of the other members came to cuddle with him. It just didn´t make sense and Jimin was having enough of it!

Not caring for the movie anymore he jumped up, rushing out of the living-room but not without throwing Yoongi an angry gaze. Reaching his room he threw himself on his bed once more, punching the wall harshly a few times. He felt the skin of his knuckles getting scratched but he didn´t care. Instead he welcomed the pain that distracted him from the inner tumult of his feelings. He shouldn´t be so happy that Yoongi seemed to be bothered by his skin ship with Hoseok, shouldn´t be so hopeful, but he just couldn´t help it. He was about to lash at the wall again when there was a soft knock on the door.

»Leave me alone! « He didn´t want to see anyone right now.

»Jimin-ah, can I please come in? « His first instinct was to deny the request, but Yoongi´s voice sounded so soft, so not Yoongi-like that he decided to give in.

Allowing the older to step in he rolled over and pulled the blanket over himself. Just because he allowed him in, didn´t mean he wanted see him. Not having to see the guy who sparked so many different emotion in him would make talking easier. If there even was going to be talking.

He could hear the door being closed quietly and seconds later there was a dip on his bed as Yoongi apparently sat down beside him.

»Jimin-ah, I am sorry. « Yoongi´s voice was so quiet, it seemed more like he was talking to himself as he placed a hand on Jimin´s shoulder.

The touch was light as if the older was scared Jimin would push him away but even through the blanket Jimin could feel the warmth that spread through his body, chasing away the blue he had felt only seconds ago. His brain tried to remind him not to feel that way but even it couldn´t hold in the happy sigh that left his mouth.

It seemed that was all the encouragement Yoongi needed as he lay down beside Jimin, his arm wrapping around the younger´s waist. He didn´t say anything and Jimin felt himself relax into the older´s hold against his will. Finally Yoongi spoke up again.

»Jimin-ah, I am sorry! « His voice was more confident this time. »Please, look at me. «

For a moment Jimin considered to just stay as he was but he knew too well that he would give in eventually. Pushing away the blanket and turning around, he avoided Yoongi´s eyes as best as possible, staring at the space between them.

»Are you angry with me, Hyung? Are you disgust? « Jimin knew he sounded pitiful but he couldn´t help the tears that gathered in his eyes again.

He heard Yoongi take a sharp breath and suddenly he wasn´t so sure if it had been a good idea to ask. Yet, it was too late and so he braised himself for whatever answer was to come. Though instead he was surprised when Yoongi grabbed his chin carefully, making him look into the older´s eyes. Jimin could feel his heart speed up its pace and he quickly tried to look away, but Yoongi held his head in place.

»I am neither angry nor disgust by you« Jimin could tell from the way Yoongi looked at him that he was saying the truth and he felt a little smile tickle the corner of his mouth but it disappeared immediately as Yoongi continued causing Jimin to flush a bright red instead. »How did you get the idea I might be disgust by you?

»I…I…You know…I…« there was no lying now. »I thought you might have found out that I like you…« he hoped Yoongi would just let it go like that but the older´s questioning gaze forced him to continue. »I mean like like, not just as a friend but…« There, he said it! Well, not completely but Yoongi´s surprised gaze told him that he had understood and he quickly used the older´s surprise to advert his head.

»Jimin, I would never be disgust by you! « Yoongi sounded almost shocked at the thought as he brought the younger´s face back up, locking their eyes again.

»Then why? Why do you keep pushing me away? Why do you ignore me? « This time he couldn´t hold in his tears anymore as they slowly ran down his cheeks.

»Because…« Jimin could hear Yoongi swallow hard. »Because you drive me crazy, Jimin-ah! « He rushed out so fast that Jimin nearly didn´t catch it.

»What do you mean? « He needed to swallow hard as well. There was something in Yoongi´s eye that caused a shiver to run down Jimin´s spine

»I…« Taking a deep breath Yoongi pulled them closer until their chests were flushed against each other and Jimin´s heart accelerate its pace as he felt Yoongi´s doing the same. »I mean that you drive me crazy whenever you are close. That I love how warm you feel against me. That I want to protect you from everything when I hold you in my arms. I mean that you look beautiful, absolutely stunning when you smile that satisfied smile of yours whenever you snuggle close to me. That I want to do this whenever we cuddle up to each other. « Yoongi used his hand to cart through Jimin´s hair before placing it on the younger´s cheek, passing his thump over his cheek bones to wipe away the tears.

Jimin felt his whole body lit up and his breath hitch in response and he couldn´t help himself to snuggle a little closer to the older.

»And I want to do this. « Yoongi continued, placing a quick kiss on his forehead. »But I couldn´t! I was scared you´d be disgust, that it would harm our friendship, maybe even Bangtan so I stayed away hoping you wouldn´t notice. I stayed away trying to get over you. But Jimin…« Yoongi´s voice was merely more than a whisper now as he placed their foreheads together. »…I can´t! I just can´t get over you! «

»You…You mean…« Jimin´s voice and hands started shaking, scared that he was interpreting everything wrong, that Yoongi´s next words would crush the hope that was building up in his heart.

»Yes, I mean I like you, Jiminni! I like you a lot maybe even to the point where I have fallen in love with you, so would you like trying to go out with me? «

Jimin wanted to say anything, tell Yoongi that he felt the same, that he´d loved to but he didn´t get out a tone as his throat tightened when ´s lips came way too close for any logical thinking. In the end he settled for a simple nod, but it was enough for Yoongi to press their lips together. Closing his eyes Jimin felt fireworks spark through his body and suddenly he wasn´t so sure anymore if cuddles were the best thing in the world. Maybe kissing Yoongi was even better.