Chapter 1

Spring Breeze

“Let’s break-up.” That was my last words to him.

Two years has passed after that moment. I was in my last year of high school. I was sitting in my classroom, my desk was near the classroom’s window. I was gazing the sky through the window and not thinking about anything. All I could hear was the sound of the birds and the voice of my friend. He was talking all the time, I don’t even know what he was telling.

“Ya! Lizzie Zhang! Did you even listening?” he gave me that sulky face that looks kinda cute.

“Sorry. What were you telling me?”

“Seriously this girl. Why you always like that. Oh well, fine. I’ll tell you again. So I met this girl and…….” When he started to tell the story, I was gazing the sky again. This time, I was thinking about what will happen if I didn’t say those two words. I’ll still be with him until now. What was I thinking? Was I regretting my decision back then? I shook my head. “Hey, what’s wrong? You’re not listening to me again are you Liz? Are you daydreaming again? Geez!” he said it with a very loud voice. “YA JACKSON WANG! Calm your voice a little bit can you. It’s still morning. You are ruining my morning peace!” I pinched his right arm. “HEY! That hurts you know. Why you always like to pinch me?” He pat my head and messed my hair.

“Ya. You two always fight. If you keep doing this I’ll force you two to marry each other.” It was the voice of my math teacher, Miss Kira.

“Please Miss Kira, don’t say something disgusting like that. No one wants to marry this guy. Even a guy don’t want to marry him!”

“YA! Who you call disgusting?! You little bi…..”

“OKAY STOP RIGHT THERE. If you two don’t stop, I’ll multiply your homeworks. Jackson, go back to your class will you? Your science teacher is already arrived.

“That bald old man already came?” Jackson ran out to his classroom with full speed. Jackson really hated his science teacher Mister Kang because he always get punished because of his mischieve behavior in class.

-SCHOOL BELL RINGS. LUNCH TIME-

“So don’t forget your homework page 21.” Miss Kira went out from the classroom, but then “Hey Lizzie. Your boyfriend is walking towards here.” She gave me that smirk of her. I said “What boyfriend?” and then Jackson’s face pop out from the side of my classroom’s door. “Yo. Let’s eat lunch together.” Seriously, when he came, my mood was from up here went down like to the depth of the sea.

“No. I want to eat breakfast with Youngji.” Youngji was my friend from middle school. Her class was beside me and for your information, she was Jackson’s ex girlfriend. Their break up went really bad and they didn’t talk to each other since then.

“Ah. PLEASE. WHY YOUNGJI. You know I can’t tag along if you’re with her. You know….. The break-up thingy.” Jackson’s face is sulky. I admitted, eventhough he was annoying and stuff when he was sulky, he had this cute face that every girl couldn’t resist.

“That’s why I want to go lunch with Youngji so you can’t come along.” I left him and walked to Youngji’s classroom but before that Jackson held my hand stopping me from going.

“Pleaaaasseeeeeeee.” He showed this puppy dog eyes face. Other girls would fall for it but not me. To be honest, I was friend with Jackson since kindergarden even our house were close.

“You know what Jackson, if you did this to other girls they will instantly fall for you. But then you’ll break their hearts.”

“Do what?” he didn’t even realize. Geez.

“This. Holding someone’s hand.”

“Why? It’s just you. We were friends since kindergarden. We even took bath together when we were little.”

I release my hand from him. “You don’t realize it do you? You’re doing it with every girl. Maybe this is why Youngji breaking up with you. OH WAIT! It’s not just this. You cheated on her.”

“Oh come on! It’s just a misunderstanding. But well, technically I did cheat on her. But that’s not the point! I want to tell you about this girl I met yesterday.”

Jackson indeed met a lot of girls, he even dated college girl once. I didn’t know why I can be friends with this dumb guy.

“You met too many girls. I can’t even count anymore. Maybe I should say too much girls because it’s uncountable!”

“AH! YOU’RE JEALOUS ARE YOU? OHHHH LIZZIE ZHANG IS JEALOUS OMG AAAA” he made this sound like screaming sound but not so loud like screaming but it’s really annoying to me. “YA! I am not! OMG. You are such a narcissist!” And then Youngji came towards us and the situation became awkward. “Oh hey Youngji. Let’s eat! Bye Jackson. Or should I call Jackass!”

On our way to the school cafeteria, Youngji asked me if I fight with Jackson again. Like you couldn’t not fight with Jackson for one day. We always quarrel since I couldn’t even remember anymore.

“Liz, do you think Jackson is dating someone?” Youngji asked me. I know Youngji still has feeling for Jackson and I do know too that Jackson still has feeling for her even a little. They were a perfect couple until Jackson cheated on her two months ago. It was just a brief relationship with this girl named Shanon. Youngji caught Jackson kissed Shanon.

“Jackson always dating someone. Ah Youngji, you deserve better guy than him. We go to this international school for what? To find a hot guy too. There’re even a lot of foreigner too. For example, that guy with red hair playing basketball. There see?” But when I tried to show Youngji the red hair guy, I saw that guy. It was my ex. I felt like my heart stopped for a second. I still got panic eventhough we already broken up for about two years. And somehow I felt pain in my chest.

“Ya Lizzie! Why do you suddenly quiet?” and Youngji looked away at the basketball court. “Ah. You saw Bobby. So that’s why. Like why you broke up with him in the first place?”

“It’s nothing. Come on. Let’s eat. I’m soooo hungry!” I pulled Youngji’s hand. Our school cafeteria was beside the basketball court. So we can see students played basketball from the cafeteria’s windows. When me and Youngji sat and started eating, I tried to glance towards to basketball court to see Bobby. His smile, his narrow eyes and his bunny like teeth. Somehow I missed him.

“AH! Lizzie! I forgot to give my homework to Miss Kira! I’ll be right back okay?”

“Yeah sure.” I smiled to Youngji and she left running in full speed. She was a lot like Jackson. Silly and attractive at the same time. And then I felt someone pat my shoulder. “She’s gone? Phew! Finally alone time with my bae.” It was Jackson. He suddenly sat beside me and gave me this flirtatious looks that he always had on his face.

“Who are you calling bae. Go away. I lost my appetite seeing your face like that.”

“What? My face like what? My face is handsome. Every girl fall for this handsome face.”

“Yeah yeah right.” And without bothering Jackson, I was gazing through the cafeteria’s window to see Bobby, and then it strucks me. Bobby was kissing a girl’s forehead. I didn’t know he was seeing someone.

“Ya Lizzie. Are you daydreaming again? What are you looking at?” Jackson saw at the basketball court too. He saw what I saw. “Ah that Bobby guy. Your ex right? Who is that girl with him? OMG! Is that Jisoo? Are they dating? Wow. Jisoo is cute though.” Jackson looked at me and he still see me looking at Bobby and then he pat my head gently. “It’s okay hm? If you want to cry just cry.” Jackson’s voice was so gentle and warm. It felt like my heart listen to his voice, I wanted to cry, I wanted to scream. Tears almost fell from my eyes but then I wiped it quickly.

“Cry? Who is gonna cry? So lame!”

“You don’t have to pretend to be strong you know? You can rely on me anytime.” Jackson stared at me with this look of him that I’ve never seen before. I felt his words were genuine. And suddenly, he moved his hand towards my face. I think he wanted to wipe the tears that I can’t hold anymore. He wiped my tears and gave me this warm smile.

But then, Youngji saw us.