Why Are You Getting Further Away

Love Is Not Over

 

Why are you getting further away.

 

Jungkook waved violently as he saw two familiar figures run towards him, his smile grew bigger as Jimin came into full view. The last time he saw him was when he ran out of class crying his eyes out. That was a weird goodbye. He moved forward to help make the distance between them smaller. When they were only a mere few meters away, he jumped onto his two best friends and gave them a massive cuddle. Jungkook was a renowned cuddle machine because of his good build.

"We're all together again," Jungkook tightened his grip and decided to jump up down much to Taehyung's confusion "I am super happy guys!"

Jimin tried to break off but Jungkook's grip was comparable to that of a snake's. Once Jungkook finally realised that he made them look like a trio of frogs, he hastily moved backwards and began laughing uncontrollably.

"What's wrong with you?"

Jimin lifted his eyebrow as he watched on, Taehyung was just smiling like an idiot. He understood Jungkook's extreme emotion; he too missed being an iconic trio. They were always together through thick and thin but during Jimin's hibernation they temporarily became a duo. That wasn't as fun.

The three musketeers. The Kardashian sisters. Ed, Edd and Eddy. They understood each other better than anyone else could, mainly because they always did things that didn't make sense but that was the beauty of their friendship.

"You're an idiot."

"You need to stop. People are looking."

"Ah, my stomach hurts," Jungkook held his stomach and pulled a scrunched up face. He placed one hand on Jimin's shoulders to balance himself because the world was still spinning in his view but that didn't stop him from talking to his best buddy.

"I'm so glad you're back Jiminie."

"Jiminie? Jiminie?"

"Jimin hyung," Jungkook quickly corrected himself, " I'm glad you're fully recovered,  you are right?"

"I guess so," Jimin scratched his head and looked away as if to avoid the question. He tried to chuckle it off but Jungkook was not letting it go "Come on hyung!" The younger one was not having anymore excuses. After all, Jimin did leave him in the dark.

After not appearing in class, Jimin had completely cut off any connection with him and Taehyung. Then the following days were also confusing because Jimin had failed to turn up once again. Taehyung and Jungkook finally realised that their fellow buddy had, as a matter in fact, gone through a break-up with his long-term boyfriend of 3 years. The sad love story came as a shock but the duo forgot all about the ex and instead spent the rest of the month worrying for Jimin's mental state.

Jungkook hugged Jimin's arm and pulled it closer, tugging at his jumper from time to time until Jimin finally gave up, "Alright, alright. I'm not recovered fully, yet! But I am trying you know. It's hard since I dated him for like 3 years. Some people get married at that point!"

"Aww poor hyung. It's okay we're here to help you!"

"Actually, Jimin received more help from someone else. He nearly died but because of Yoongi sunbaenim he's still here." 

Jungkook opened his mouth very wide. He looked at Taehyung then back at Jimin, then again and again. He could scream. He always admired Yoongi and always looked up to him like an older brother ever since Yoongi helped him way back in the first year with finding his classroom. Yoongi even offered to give him a full-on tour of the whole campus. Jungkook had never seen someone so who was nice and chic at the same time.

"No way! That's great! Wait, did you really say Yoongi?"

"No. I said cow- Of course I said Yoongi sunbaenim!"

As Jungkook blundered on, Jimin was distracted by a certain someone passing by the trio. Dark black locks moved against the wind, their sharp eyes sparkled and their lips were the colour of innocence, the colour of first love. Whatever it was, Jimin was attracted. He felt his heart beat faster as a strong scent flowed into his nose. A scent of familiarity, scents of cold air and untouched snow. He didn't know what this feeling was but he knew Min Yoongi always made him feel this way.

They would always pass by each other, but sometimes, just sometimes, Yoongi would smile and that made Jimin shatter into thousands of pieces. His smile said "It's okay." And would mean it. He wasn't sure as to why this happened. He always brushed it off, thought nothing of it. But he always became a mess when it came into his mind. What if's and maybe's haunted him at times like this.

Whenever he walked with his past boyfriend, hands clenched in each other's, Jimin's eyes were sometimes taken by Yoongi's presence. He was purely amazing. There were guilty thoughts like 'what if I like Yoongi?' or 'I wonder what it's like to be with him?' however, he was always loyal to his ex. There were so many missed opportunities.

That one time when Jimin accidentally tripped on his shoelaces and Yoongi was there to help him pick up his dropped belongings. Or when Yoongi was there to hold the door open for him. Simple actions like that made Jimin feel an intense adoration towards his senior.

As Jimin daydreamed, Yoongi passed by swiftly, maybe a second or so, but he managed to catch a glimpse of Jimin's face. So sweet and just, precious. The brief second made Yoongi feel happy and giddy again, but his love-sick thoughts were shattered when he heard Taehyung say something about Jimin's relationship status.

"He always cared for you, Jimin. You always liked him anyway so that's why it worked out."

He tried to distract himself but he knew better. Relationships weren't his thing and Jimin was simply a student who belonged to someone else. Yoongi's pace quickened, which alerted his friend, "Dude, slow down. Wasn't that Jimin? Aren't you going to-"

"Nah."

His friend paused briefly before running up to Yoongi a concerned look on his face, he was taken back.

"Are you being dumb? Don't you," The friend looked back to check if they were a good distance away from the trio "Don't you like him? Heck, you adore him."

Yoongi didn't answer back, he kept his hands inside the pocket of his jacket. He made a fist but kept it hidden, just like his feelings. He always felt to be a step behind.

 

"He always cared for you, Jimin. You always liked him so that's why it worked out. But how ing blind where we huh? Should've known he was a douche, I mean, come on, who has three phones? It's good you broke up. As hard as that was, right?"

Jimin nodded gently. He was proud of himself.

"Yeah. It was hard. Super hard."

"Now, now, I want to stop talking about him. Let's start anew!"

"Freedom?"

"Freedom."

Jungkook grinned while Taehyung held the younger one's shoulders firmly. 

"Welcome back hyung."

"Good to be here with my bros."

 

As the sun was close to setting, unfamiliar sounds of cars pulled up to a large house. Dressed-up students wore clothes that made them forget about their debts. Everyone looked stunning and ready to get wasted. Yoongi anxiously looked through his window and saw that there was another party next door. A student lived close to him and they were party animals. 

Yoongi reached for his earphones when he heard the doorbell ring too many times for his liking. He rushed downstairs and tiredly opened the door, he unsurprisingly was met with a drunk face, one that was completely flushed pink. 

"Yo, yo, yo. Min Yoongi come and join us."

"I'm fine thanks, I just came back from my part-time job, so I'd rather rest you know?"

"Oh poop. Come on, have fun with us"

"I'm really okay."

"Geez, man. Well, you're welcome anytime brother!"

Yoongi waved goodbye and grunted as he closed the door. Loud music had no weakness, it seeped through everything. Even the music blasting in his ears was not enough to keep the serenity his room once had. He sat up from his bed and ruffled his hair, thoughts of what Jimin said plagued his mind until it completely drowned the music out of his brain.

He didn't own Jimin. The man wasn't even that close to him, not close enough to be called friends but not too distant to call him a stranger. He was just someone he knew because Jimin's boyfriend was friends with his friends. So, just sometimes, Jimin would tag along to any gatherings. Rarely but it was enough for Yoongi to fall for him.

In frustration he pulled out his earphones and hastily changed his clothes. Pushing back his slick hair, Yoongi walked out of his door and made his way towards the blinding lights and the booming sounds. He ignored the cat calls of girls who were passing by in their cars by waving his hand and smiling gently. A normal routine.

A few of his friends greeted him by the door, giving him secret handshakes and jolly looks. Yoongi returned them with his grin as he carefully pushed through the groups of students taking shots. Yoongi had the homemade bar in his sight but he felt something tugging on his black bomber jacket. 

He thought it was another drunk and desperate person but a voice gripped his heart, "Yoongi sunbaenim!"

Yoongi turned his head as the voice of someone he knew called his name in such a loving way. Full of curiosity but hints of panic were present. It was an urgent call. He stood still in the middle of some weird dancing people, but when he caught sight of the beautiful face, Yoongi took the latter's wrists and kindly guided him out of crowd and into the garden lit by dim fairy lights.

Yoongi smiled.

"Fancy seeing you here, Jimin"