The It Couple

The 'It' couple.

Everyone knows that Kim Namjoon and Kim Seok Jin are a thing. Or at least that’s what the media and fan fictions want us to think. With V practically confirming it in their last interview, telling the world that Jin and RapMonster share a room on every tour, how could people not put them together. As soon as the words left his mouth, squeals were heard, brains clicked into gear and media outlets began typing up their stories. What they didn’t hear was that since there was an odd number of members one group of guys shared a triple. Those guys were usually Jin, RapMonster and Yoongi. But the world didn’t get that far.

Once the stories and fan made videos got out, Jin and RapMonster merch flew off the shelves. Anything that happened to have both of their faces on it sold at triple the speed of regular merchandise. Of course once the label got word of this, suddenly the two were paired up for everything, much to the guys dismay.

“This time Namjoon, put your arm around Jin’s shoulders and Jin give us a grin that says ‘I’m embarrassed but loving it.’” The middle aged man with the camera said motioning Jin and RapMonster closer together. 

Rapmonster threw his head back and growled as Jin rolled his eyes and moved closer to the blonde. “I’m going to kill V for starting this.” Jin snapped quietly to RapMonster.

“Great the girls will love this.” The photographer said snapping picture after picture. Jin forced his embarrassed smile while Namjoon grinned wickedly at the camera. After a few more poses the man called it quits and bowed to the guys in thanks, dismissing them.

Jin and Namjoon bowed back before heading over to the make-up chairs to have their make-up removed. Their manager came up behind them placing a hand on each ones shoulder. “Great job today boys. Now get changed you have to meet the rest of the guys for workouts before dance practice.” Both the younger guys nodded their heads in acknowledgement, letting the make-up artists work their magic. Once they were finished, they gathered their belongings and headed out to the waiting car. 

“I am really getting tired of these special photoshoots.” Namjoon commented laying his head on the back of the seat and placing his hat over his eyes, hoping he could get a little nap in before starting the strenuous work out session ahead of them. He had been up since five that morning and didn’t get to sleep until really late the night before. Not that he was complaining anyway.

“Me too. It doesn’t feel right.” Jin replied quietly. Namjoon had to really strain to hear him.

Removing the cap from his eyes he looked over to the dark haired guy sitting beside him. Jin stared out the window a crease between his eyebrows and a pout on his thick lips. Namjoon studied his profile a moment before placing a hand on his leg just above the knee. Jin snapped his head over to look at his friend and Namjoon saw the guilt in his eyes.

“Hey we talked about this. It’s just for show. Just to make the fans happy.” Namjoon’s statement didn’t do anything to make the situation any better to Jin. Instead the older guy’s frown deepen but he didn’t say anything else. Looking away he went back to staring out the window and the car fell silent. Namjoon’s hand lingered on Jin’s knee, the frustrated guy not even noticing before Namjoon pulled it away and returned his hand to it’s previous position.  

BTS

Everyone was already gathered in the gym when the pair arrived. V and Jungkook were running on the treadmills in one corner of the room and Yoongi was lifting weights in the other. Jimin greeted the pair when they walked in.

“Well if it isn’t the love birds.” He laughed earning an eye roll and a scowl from Namjoon and Jin respectively. Turning to Namjoon he spoke. “Would you mind if I borrow your lover to help spot me while I lift?” His question was met with a deadly glare. Jin looked from Namjoon to Jimin before dropping his bag on the floor and taking the younger guy lightly by the arm, pulling him over to the weight lifting bench. Namjoon watched the pair join J-Hope in another corner of the room before he too dropped his bag and walked over to where Yoongi sat with his headphones in his ears, and a weight in his left hand doing curls. The older guy, this time with his hair dyed pink, looked up as he approached and gave his dongsaeng a soft smile, popping one of the earbuds out of his ear. 

“How was the shoot?” He asked? Unlike Jimin, Yoongi wasn’t teasing. He was genuinely curious as to how the event went. Namjoon picked up his favorite pair of weights and stood in front of the pink haired guy and began raising his arms out to his sides. He made a grunt in acknowledgement, a sound that was good enough for Yoongi as he went back to focusing more on his work out. 

“I don’t know how much longer I can put up with this. I mean the photoshoots aren’t bad. It’s acting, that’s all, but it’s really starting to bother Jin.” Yoongi pursed his lips but didn’t say anything. Both guys fell silent preferring not to talk while they focused on toning their muscles. Every once in a while one or the other would make a suggestion to the other about their lifting technique but for the most part they were content just working out side by side. 

About a half hour later Jimin, J-Hope and Jin were finished with the bench pressing bench and the two groups switched. Jin gave the pair a look as they exchanged weights, no doubt Jimin and J-Hope were still bugging him about the shoot. They usually did for a while after one of the shoots. For the most part the older guy tuned them out, but for some reason today he seemed to really be bothered by all of it. 

Yoongi lay on the bench and Namjoon stood over him, ready to catch the bar if it were to fall. Today Yoongi was going to beat his personal best and bench press a few pounds more. Namjoon gave him a look, unsure if it was a good idea, but for Yoongi it was something he needed to do. A lot of pent up frustration was screaming to be let out, and this was the most productive way he could figure out how to let it out. The results of the events from the night before, though usually successful, wore off quite quickly that morning. After waking this morning to find out that Namjoon and Jin had an unscheduled shoot followed by a newly added extra dance practice for the whole group later in the day, Yoongi felt his frustrations being to build again. It didn’t help that the group had planned a pool party that day and now it had to be pushed back by a few hours because of the impromptu sessions.

Not one for letting many of his emotions show, Yoongi preferred to try to at least channel his anger through something productive instead of unleashing them on everyone else. That was usually why he didn’t say much. Like Jin. The pair were a lot alike in their silent ways, the exception being that Jin was more likely to talk about how he felt, and Yoongi was more likely to hold it in.

Namjoon watched carefully as Yoongi did rep after rep. Normally he would only do them in sets of 10, but this time it seemed like Yoongi was going to push it. His face began to turn red with the amount of effort he was putting into. The corners of Namjoon’s lips turned down as he counted over 20 reps and still they continued. 

“Hyung, I think you should take a rest.” He said to the guy on the bench in front of him. Yoongi just grunted a reply and continued. Nearing upwards of 50 finally Namjoon felt weight on the bar and he helped his hyung place the bar back onto the hooks. Exhausted, Yoongi took a few moments to catch his breath as the manager came walking into the room announcing he had some preliminary photos from Jin and Namjoon’s shoot. The two guys at the benching station made eye contact. Namjoons rolled his dark eyes and Yoongi let out a sigh before sitting up. The two guys turned to head towards the group as Namjoon gave Yoongi a pat across the stomach for a good job benching. Across the room Jin shot a look over to the pair as he put down his weights and joined the rest of the guys over by the manager. 

Namjoon pushed his way forward to take the photo’s out of the manager’s hand as the rest of the guys crowded around to look over his shoulder. Everyone except Yoongi who walked over to pick up his water bottle, taking a drink and drying his dripping face off with a towel. Jin took a couple of glances at the photo’s then dismissed them with a curl of his lips and joined Yoongi across the room, reaching for his water bottle. The bubblegum haired guy handed it to his hung and watched as he took a drink from it, sitting down beside him on the bench. 

“I can’t wait until all of this dies down.” Jin said, handing the water bottle back to Yoongi. “It’s very annoying.” Yoongi nodded his head but didn’t say anything. “Jimin is really starting to push my buttons with his jokes.” Yoongi sent a glare across the room towards the younger guy who had one of the pictures in his hand laughing hard and making jokes to the others. He noticed how Namjoon’s ears started to turn pink on the tips and felt a little bit of concern. Once, he was on the receiving end of Namjoon’s temper, and if Jimin didn’t cool it he would get to see first hand how unpleasant that could be.

Feeling a set of eyes on him, Yoongi turned his attention to the guy setting beside him giving him a curious look. “Are you alright?” He asked, reading the younger guys face. 

Narrowing his eyebrows at the dark haired guy he replied, “Yeah, why wouldn’t I be.” He took a swig from his water bottle and looked absently across the room. Jin watched him intently a few moments with a frown on his face. He could tell that something was bothering Yoongi. Out of everyone there Jin was the only one who could see a layer or three below Yoongi’s exterior. Although the tough rapper tried to hide it, he really did have a sensitive side that he let only those closest to him see. 

Overcome with a bout of yawning from feeling exhausted, Jin stretched his legs and arms on the bench, accidentally knocking his knee into Yoongi’s. The light haired guy gave him a playful sideways glance and knocked his knee back into the older guys knee. Picking up on the vibe Yoongi was giving off Jin knocked his knee back into Yoongi’s setting off a chain of events that turned into the two playfully fighting in their seats. Before long the pair was laughing and wrestling on the bench, one trying to gain control over the other.

“Hey!” Jimin yelled from across the room. “You better get your hands of of Namjoon’s man!” J-Hope, V and Jungkook burst out laughing and Namjoon just punched him in the shoulder. Their manager cut in telling them all to cool it, it was time for their dance practice.

BTS

Three hours later and it was finally time for the pool party. The guys rushed back to their dorm, changed into their swim suits and made their way out to the pool. J-Hope set up a sound system and music blared from the speakers. The tables were filled with food and drinks and the smell of hamburgers on the grill filled the air. V and Jungkook were the first to splash into the pool causing a big wave to lap over the side of the in ground pool and get Namjoon wet. 

Jin was at the grill, frying up the hamburgers while Jimin, Namjoon, V and Kookie were in the pool having a water fight. J-Hope was setting up a play list and Yoongi sat by the pool side in a chair, a beer in his hands and his sunglasses resting on his nose. He leaned back in his chair and closed his eyes, letting the suns rays soak into his skin. The nice weather felt good on his skin, seeping down into his bones. The past couple of months had been very taxing, not only on him but on other members of his group. There were constant photoshoots, practices and performances as well as their own personal matters to deal with. This was their one time to finally take a break and rest for a moment. No worries about being somewhere at a certain time, hitting a perfect note or mastering a perfect dance move. This time they could all just be themselves. Or as close to themselves as they possibly could. 

Feeling the suns rays darken over him, Yoongi cracked open one of his eyes and saw Jin standing over him smiling. “You’re not in the pool with the rest of them.” He stated. Yoongi sat forward, resting his elbows on his knees and looked over the top of his glasses at Jin. 

“I think I may have over done it today at workout.” He said, stretching his head from side to side and taking a drink of his beer. “My shoulders are a little stiff right now.” Jin moved behind the chair and pulled Yoongi back against the seat. Yoongi let him guide him and let out a soft moan when Jin started to massage his shoulders, pushing hard and loosening the tight muscles. He closed his eyes and rested his head back against Jins stomach as the older guy continued to work on his muscles. A quiet gasp escaped between his lips whenever Jin dug into a particularly sore spot and he reached up quickly grabbing onto the guys slender wrist, causing him to stop his motions. He sat up in the chair and turned to look at his hyung, his hand still on his wrist. The two stared into each others eyes before being interrupted by Jimin yelling from the pool.

“Hey Suga! You better be careful. Namjoon will kill you for getting handsy with his man.” Yoongi’s grip on Jins wrist tightened a moment as he grimaced before he quickly let go, standing up shooting a nasty look in Jimin’s direction. 

In the pool Namjoon slapped a wave of water at Jimin and told him to ‘shut his ing mouth.’ Shooting one last glance at Jin, Yoongi turned and threw his bottle into the trash can and stomped off into the building. Everyone watched in stunned silence as he left. Suddenly Jin jumped when he remembered the burgers on the grill and he ran over to flip them. Jimin gave Namjoon a bewildered look at Yoongi’s attitude. Namjoon shot him a dirty look and told him to ‘seriously cut it out.’ before swimming over to the side of the pool and getting out. Grabbing a towel and drying himself off quickly, he shot a look over to a frowning Jin before tossing his towel onto the chair and followed Yoongi inside. 

“Hyung wait up!” He called. Yoongi stopped in the deserted hallway and collapsed against the wall, folding his arms over his chest. He avoided Namjoon’s eye contact. “Are you alright?”  He asked coming close to the older guy.

Yoongi stared at the ceiling above Namjoon’s head. His arms were crossed and his head lightly hit against the wall behind him. Namjoon’s lips turned down in concern. “What is bothering you today? You seemed just fine last night, but today you’ve seemed…off.” Still Yoongi continued to avoid Namjoon’s eye contact. 

Getting frustrated from not getting an answer Namjoon rested one hand on the wall beside Yoongis head and the other came up to brush lightly over his cheek with the back of his fingers. Suddenly Yoongi’s dark orbs connected with Namjoon’s.

“I’m starting to agree with Jin, this is all beginning to be too much.” Namjoon’s face softened and he leaned in just a little closer. 

“Well what do you propose we do about that?” He asked quietly. Yoongi glared into the younger guys eyes before quickly reaching up and taking his face into both of his hands. He pulled him down crushing his lips onto the other guys. Namjoon moaned into the kiss, pressing his body agains Yoongi’s digging his hips into him and pushing him back agains the wall. His forearm was flat against the wall behind Young’s head and his other hand now grabbed the back of Yoonig’s neck crushing his lips harder onto his hyungs. Namjoon’s tongue swept across Yoongi’s lips begging greedily for entrance. Yoongi obliged letting the other’s tongue slip into his mouth and the two fought to dominate the kiss. Yoongi wrapped his arms around Namjoon’s middle and pulled him closer, folding his arms behind the skinny guys back. Namjoon moved his kisses from Yoongi’s lips down to his neck. A gasp escaped his lips as his eyes fluttered open and he saw Jin standing there watching the two. Slowly a smirk crept it’s way onto Yoongi’s lips as Jin stared. Jin watched the two men making out in the hallway a moment before a smirk to rival Yoongi’s crossed over his own lips and he made his way over to the couple. Placing a hand on Namjoon’s shoulder he lightly pulled his arm off the wall and Namjoon stepped back a bit letting Jin come closer. Quickly, Namjoon s his arm around Jin’s waist and buried his lips back into Yoongi’s neck as Jin crush his lips onto Yoongi’s. One of his hands wrapped around Namjoon’s waist as the other wrapped around Yoongi’s. Yoongi brought his hand up to tangle in Jin’s dark locks, crushing his lips harder into his own. 

After a few moments of making out in the hallway all three guys broke a part panting heavily for breath. They exchanged looks and then broke out laughing, resting their foreheads together. Yoongi closed his eyes and spoke.

“This is getting crazy.” He commented and the other two laughed.

“This has been crazy for a while.” Namjoon replied pulling away and brushing a strand of pink hair out of Yoongi’s face. 

“Maybe we should say something?” Jin suggested and the guys exchanged looks. Namjoon and Jin both looked at Yoongi and he stared back at them both unsure, before closing his eyes and thudding his head back against the wall.

“It would probably be better than listening to Jimin’s stupid remarks all the time.” He answered. The trio broke out in laughter but were suddenly startled by a cough behind them. They all froze before turning to find four pairs of eyes staring at them and four mouths agape. 

The leader role in Namjoon pushed forward and he straightened up and squared his shoulders, stepping in front of Yoongi and Jin. 

“So….” J-Hope said, not really sure of what else to say. Namjoon fixed him and the other three with a hard look. 

“Problem?” He asked, daring J-Hope to say something. The four exchanged looks, Jimin’s cheeks flaming red.

“Nope, no problem here. Guys?” J-Hope replied turning to the other three. They all stared at him with their mouths open and then back to the trio standing in front of them, arms interlocked. 

“No.”

“Nah.”

“Mmmm nope.” All three guys said at once. An awkward silence fell over the hallway as all of the guys exchanged looks. 

Suddenly a wide smile broke out over Namjoon’s face. “Well now that that’s out, Jimin I’ll appreciate it if you keep your comments to yourself from now on.” Jimin looked from Namjoon, to Yoongi and then back again. He raised his hands in the air as if to surrender. 

“Hey, no problem man.” He replied smiling. Again they all exchanged looks. Jin grinning at Yoongi, and Namjoon turning to wink at them both. 

“Foods ready by the way.” Jin spoke up, breaking the tension in the hallway. All of the guys perked up and started cheering for food. V, Kookie and Jimin turned and took off for the food, when J-hope stopped in his tracks and turned cautiously back to the trio. His cheeks were red as he looked over the three. 

“You-“ He began, but closed his eyes and swallowed taking a breath. “You were just practicing the dance routine last night…right?” He asked. Pleading with his eyes for the answer to be yes.

All three of the guys burst out laughing and an unsure smile slowly stretch on J-Hopes face. Namjoon came up to him, slinging his arm around the rappers shoulders and ruffled his hair, steering them back out into the sunshine. Jin and Yoongi followed laughing, hand in hand.