Unconditional Love,On My Terms.

Unconditional love,on my terms.

At the tender age of 5 years old Yoongi was beaten unconscious for the first time.
It was his fault,he shouldn't of tried to hug her.
The next day she apologized,gave him some candy and lots of cuddles.
She promised, “I love you unconditionally.”
At 7 he got his first scar.
It was his fault,he should've been more careful with that glass.
She scraped a piece of broken glass across his puffy face,he felt the tears mixing with the blood,he felt it trickling down his face as he just stood there,silent.
The next day she hugged him,kissed the stitches it was bordering on painful.
She promised, “I love you unconditionally.”
On his 8th birthday he ended up on the dad's doorstep sobbing bruised and stick thin.
She locked him under the stairs and he'd been there for 5 days before she kicked him out just like she kicked his dad out.
It was his fault,he shouldn't have spoken,he wasn't spoken to.
The next day she took him home and promised him, “I love you unconditionally.”
At age 11 he didn't wake up for 2 weeks.
She gave him too much medicine to help him sleep,he slipped into a coma after an accidental overdose.
It was his fault,he swallowed the medicine.
When he woke up she cried and promised him, “I love you unconditionally.”
At age 12 he wizened up and stood in line he never spoke unless spoken to,he stayed out of her way,she reacted by showing him love,respect.
She promised him, “I love you unconditionally.”
That's when he realized it was unconditional love.
On her terms.
They got along great,he finally fit her cookie cutter idea of perfection.
Well.
She thought he did.
He didn't though.
He was gay.
At age 15 he was put in a kid's home after receiving a blow to the head and ribs with a aluminium baseball bat,he almost died his skull was cracked and his ribs were in his lungs.
It was his fault he came out as gay he deserved it.
The children's home.
He was there.
Held down by two boys as they fondled him and .
.
At age 18 he was kicked out because he no longer fit her cookie cutter idea of perfection,he was pro choice,vegetarian,an atheist,against racism,a feminist,against animal abuse and gay.
At age 18 he got a tattoo “Unconditional Love” written in fancy joint writing,his dad had one too “On My Terms.”

This time,there was no hugs or kisses from his mother,no empty promises of unconditional love.

Just peace and yoongi decides he's okay with that.