first half

read the signs!
1/2

To say that a guy named Choi Seungcheol is pissed will be an understatement because clearly, he is seething with anger. Who wouldn’t be if you suddenly find your best friend getting hit on by an annoying, handsome (not that Seungcheol would care to admit that out loud) guy whom you know has the total hots for your best friend.

Choi Seungcheol recognized the man, Wen Junhui a.k.a. Jun, he’s that charismatic senior from dance club.

Junhui wasn’t as popular as Mingyu but Seungcheol has to admit that this guy has a fair share of fangirls and fanboys. No, Seungcheol is not one of his fanboys, definitely not. It’s quite the opposite actually.

But why does he know him? Simple. Seungcheol keeps tabs on his possible rivals.

Rivals in capturing Jisoo’s heart.

Seungcheol knows that he’s one step ahead of them since he’s Jisoo’s best friend after all. He knows everything about Jisoo and the same goes for Jisoo when it comes to him. They’re practically inseparable. And Seungcheol decided to step up the game; to move past their friendship. Seungcheol’s growing love for Jisoo is already too big for him to contain, so he planned on confessing today.

 



- a bit earlier -

Seungcheol's trying to be a complete gentleman today since he told Jisoo that he’d order their usual for the both of them in the Carat café. Jisoo looked at him weirdly at first before nodding in affirmation that he’d go along with Seungcheol’s wish, Jisoo thought it was nice of him as he proceeded to their usual spot in the café.

 

Seungcheol smiled behind his back as he turns toward the counter to place his order.

“Welcome to Carat café, how may I help you?”

“Stop it Jeonghan, you don’t need to be formal”

“Geez, at least I am trying, Cheollie.” Jeonghan teased, he used Jisoo’s nickname for him

“Stop that, or else I’ll tell your manager to fire you.” Seungcheol threatened, but he was smiling

“Ha! I bet you wouldn’t do that, after all, Jisoo will hate you if you do that to me.” Jeonghan proudly stated, and Seungcheol hates to admit it but Jeonghan was right.

Seungcheol rolled his eyes, “whatever.”

Jeonghan already punched in their order since he knows Seungcheol and Jisoo like the back of his hand, he told Seungcheol to wait for a bit as he prepare their order.

While waiting, Seungcheol looked at the sign on the wall that read “please do not leave your valuables unattended. Management is not responsible for any loss or damages.” Sometimes when you’re bored, you just read stuff randomly to keep your mind busy.

Hearing footsteps, Seungcheol pulled out his wallet to pay for their drinks,

“Don’t. This one’s on me.” Jeonghan winked “And I can see that you’re planning to confess to him, right?”

Trust Jeonghan to know what’s on your mind. He’s good when it comes to reading people, especially him and Jisoo.

“Ah, will you stop doing that? But yes, you are right. Thank you, Han.” He smiled

“You’re welcome” Jeonghan moved to look over his shoulder when Seungcheol suddenly heard a tiny “oh!” from Jeonghan. Seungcheol studied Jeonghan’s face, he looked surprised so whatever he saw behind him must be important. Jeonghan turned his eyes towards him, now wearing a worried expression which confused Seungcheol, “and good luck. You need it.” Jeonghan forced a smile and gave him a thumbs up

With that, Seungcheol turned around, both orders in his hand, and then he understood. He stood frozen on his spot.

There, on his seat, is none other than Wen Junhui.

Oh, the bastard! Seungcheol silently cursed

Pulling himself together, he squared his shoulders and walked towards their (Seungcheol and Jisoo’s) table. He knows that Jeonghan’s watching the scene unfold so Seungcheol decided that he’d give him a good show because of the free drinks he gave.

 


 

“Hey” Seungcheol started, glaring at the blonde man who didn’t bother to acknowledge his presence because he’s far too busy looking at Jisoo with those disgusting eyes (in Seungcheol’s biased opinion). Jisoo looked up to him with that angelic smile of his that could melt the coldest of hearts in this world. Seungcheol wanted to confess right then and there.

But then again, there’s a huge obstacle that Seungcheol needs to eliminate as soon as possible or else, he might not be able to confess if the blockhead beats him to it.

“Cheollie!” Jisoo beamed and Seungcheol couldn’t help but smile back “Ah! Here let me get that for you” Jisoo was about to stand up but Seungcheol only gestured to not bother and said “I got this.”

“So, who do we have here?” Seungcheol directed the question to the blonde man, voice dripping with sarcasm while putting on a fake smile

Jisoo almost forgot about the dashing young man in front of him and he said “Oh, right… Cheol, meet Jun” he moved his eyes from Seungcheol to Jun, “Jun, meet Seungcheol” he gestured towards his best friend. Jisoo smiled cutely (without even trying).

With that, Jun decided to acknowledge Seungcheol’s presence. “Hey” he said without any emotion, looking at him with a haughty expression.

Seungcheol scoffed in his mind. He badly wants to punch that face but decided that it’s not best to be violent in front of your special someone. Jisoo never liked violence after all. It can wait, Seungcheol thought.

Since there are only two seats, Seungcheol decided to pull a chair from a nearby table. He placed it right next to Jisoo’s seat, which Jisoo allowed as he scooted closer to the window to give Seungcheol enough space.

“So, what brought you here, Jun?” Seungcheol began, despite his sentence, it was obvious that Seungcheol’s not interested to hear his answer. After all, he knows why this blockhead is here.

Clearly, because of Jisoo.

“Not what,” Seungcheol watched as a smirk slowly forms on his lips “but rather, who.”

He looked at Jisoo pointedly as he flashed him a bright smile.

Seungcheol swore he felt a nerve twitch in his temple, he immediately looked to his right to see a blushing Jisoo.

Oh my freaking—!

Seungcheol silently prayed. He needs to or else he might end up murdering someone on the day he planned to confess. Please give me enough patience to deal with this guy.

He then looked back at Jun who’s now wearing a triumphant look which Seungcheol wants to badly wipe off his face.

This guy has no dignity. At all. He’s openly flirting with his best friend right in front of him!

Seungcheol wouldn’t allow this guy to beat him of course, because today, he will confess and he’ll become Jisoo’s boyfriend.

But looking at Jisoo’s expression, his courage wavered for a bit. Jisoo looks fascinated with this man. Jisoo is far too innocent after all, he’s easily swayed. But Seungcheol wants to know why this blockhead decided to him, now, of all days?!

Jun clearly likes Jisoo, and Seungcheol have always noticed those glances he usually throw at Jisoo’s direction in school. But Jisoo remained oblivious to all of it.

Don’t tell me he found out? Seungcheol thought. But no, he never told anyone that he’s going to confess today.

Rival’s intuition?

But whatever the reason may be, Seungcheol can only face this head on. He would not give up so easily. After years of being in love with his best friend, he wouldn’t let it go that easily.

Fight! Seungcheol.

A/N: I decided to turn this into a two-shot story. I was writing this in a hurry because I felt guilty for leaving this for a while so yeah.

Please leave a comment so that I could continue with this one~ and don't forget to leave an upvote if you liked it. :) Thanks!