trust me, it's normal

Did I forget to tell you I love you?

Did I forget to tell you I love you?

 

He never realized when did he start to fall in love. He assumed it was a perfectly normal reaction for such a situation. But when he looked to his friends and saw the sneaky smirks, he knew something was up with himself. He must have done something weird. Or freaky. He chose to stare at the ground next.

 

“Did you see him smile at Jungkook while staring at his back?”

 


 

They were out for lunch. The bus took more than an hour to arrive, accumulating an insanely large amount of people at the bus stop. They both stood there fanning themselves while wiping off beads of sweat on their foreheads. He unconsciously cursed the weather as Jungkook whined non-stop. Jungkook thought it was going to rain later on so he wore jeans and a sweater, but luck wasn’t on his side today. He stared at the younger kid for a little while before pulling him into the bus stop, yearning stares from a few people needing to cram even more under this heat.

 

“Don’t you want to come in the shade too?“ Jungkook asked while rolling his sleeves up.

 

“I don’t need to cause I’m not as dumb as someone.”

 

“Pssh fine.”

 

The bus arrived a little later and everyone gushed into it. Jungkook betted on his age to have quicker reflexes than others and he managed to grab two seats for them. The younger one then boasted about his skill and how every one should give him an award; he nodded while staring at the window outside. He was too busy making sure the younger one didn’t fall down just now till he didn’t really realize there were seats for them.

 

 He pushed the air-conditioner towards Jungkook’s direction.

 


 

They were over at Jimin’s house for a sleepover. Every one has crawled up sleeping in their respective rooms prepared while he and Jungkook watched a movie outside. They were watching Captain America on his phone as they both snuggled up on the couch. Jungkook had many opinions while he was too busy enjoying the warmth between them. The younger one then got bored of the movie before leaning his head on his shoulder. His heart pounded like a malfunctioning alarm clock as he lowered his shoulder by a little for his comfort.

 

“Hey, let me ask you a question. If my ex didn’t ask you to take care of me, will you still do it anyway?”

 

He took a big gulp.

 

“Of course I will.” He answered with such certainty.

 

The younger one felt stunned for a while. He whispered thanks before snuggling even closer to him. He rested his head on Jungkook’s head while staring at the ceiling, wondering where the did he get the bravery to answer such a weird question with such confidence.

 

He placed his jacket over Jungkook to make sure he didn’t feel cold anymore.

 


 

“HEY DO YOU WANT TO GO TO THE CANTEEN?” Hoseok screamed for the end of the class.

 

“Wait let me copy maths first. Five more questions left.” He mustered before signaling him to wait outside.

 

He then unleashed his skills of copying from years of practice and managed to finish it in record timing. He hastily passed the homework to the student-in-charge before getting ready to go out, only to see Jungkook still sleeping on his desk. He sighed before remembering how tired the younger one is from all the constant meetings and events managed by the school. He wonders will he skip his meals again since he has a student meeting later.

 

“Hey, you want me to get you something?” He whispered while lightly tapping on his shoulder.

 

“Huh….Oh uh a piece of bread will do or wait never mind you don’t have to get me anything.” He mumbled before lying flat on the table again.

 

He ruffled his hair before grabbing his wallet from his drawer. Hoseok’s face was already plastered on the window from the constant waiting, only to see him running out to the other canteen.

 

“DUDE WE’RE GETTING NOODLES TODAY.” Hoseok stood there flabbergasted.

 

He barely turned his head around, “Not today. I’m in the mood for some rice.”

 

He reminded himself to get Jungkook’s favorite mushrooms.

 


 

They were halfway through class with Jungkook sleeping soundly beside him. He has his jacket place on the table as a pillow for him, just so he can sleep better. The teacher was circling around the classroom, making sure that everyone is reading that specific chapter. Jungkook has barely slept for the past three days and while constantly preparing for the performance under the sun, it was obvious that he was drained to the core.

 

When the teacher reached their seat, she immediately wanted to wake the boy up. He looked straight up before stopping her with his arms, shocking a few other students around him.

 

“Why on earth did you do that?” She asked furiously.

 

“He’s sick, Miss. You have to let him off the hook this time.” He responded straightly.

 

She withdrew her arm slowly before walking away, still a bit angered by his actions. The older one let out a loose breath before sitting back now; the younger’s hair ever so lightly. Jungkook then woke up from the noise, wondering what was going on. He could barely make out where was the older male with his puffed out eyes while trying to reach out for his glasses.

 

“Nothing happened. Just go back to sleep and I’ll wake you up during recess, okay?” He replied softly before the younger one went back to sleep.

 

He made sure everyone at their row was quiet enough for Jungkook to sleep.

 


 

Jungkook was still typing the proposal for the next event even thought the clock is flashing at 3am. His back was on the verge of being deformed already and his shoulders were straining so hard he wished he could just tear it off. His glasses kept sliding off of his face and his mind couldn’t differentiate between “summer” and “swimmer” anymore. He kept tapping his pen on the book filled with crammed notes from the meeting as his 10th yawn escaped from his mouth.

 

Ring

 

Ring

 

Ring

 

“Hello?”

 

“Come downstairs, now.”

 

Jungkook then simply put a shirt on before crawling to the front door. A cup hot tea was then shoved into his face, with the older male’s face right behind it. Jungkook took the drink while hugging onto him, thanking him for the late night treat. His face blushed to another 84 shades of pink while slightly hugging back; realizing that cycling for it for 20 minutes was worth it. He then said goodbye before cycling home, messaging the younger one after reaching his room.

 

He stayed awake till he could see Jungkook’s “last seen” appear on the screen, knowing that he went to sleep already.

 


 

There were still many words that Namjoon wanted to tell Jungkook,

there was still much stuff that Namjoon has yet to do with Jungkook,

there was still so much that Namjoon has yet to understand about Jungkook,

there was still so much that Namjoon could give Jungkook;

but somehow, Namjoon kept forgetting,

that maybe if he said it out,

he will be able to have everything he had wanted to have.

 

/When is it his turn to say I love you?/

 

 

 

 

A/N: thanks for reading! rememberto comment and stuff 

img credit: jimiyoong