Epilogue

The Escape

I could see all these memories flooding back into my head. All the happy times Ive spent in my life speed past my eyes. The times when I was with my family. We were living like a normal family. I remember that one time during my birthday when I took a handful of cake and threw it at my dads face because I thought it was funny. Now that I look back on it I never really thought of the taste or savored that moment. I regret not finishing the cake they bought me and just leaving it there. 

I remember the time me and him were on the playground. We were playing a game of tag, running around until I tripped over. I started wailing out and he rushed back to my side. I gained a big cut on my knee and I was so scared to see blood. He told me that once someone kisses it I would feel better. He bent down just to kiss my knee and it immedietly made me stop crying. That was the day he told me he would always be by my side. 

Why after I decided it end it all I have regrets. Why do I suddenly want my life back... but it was too late. I could no longer take it back. I realized that life is a thing you should cherish, you only have one life. Even with my circumstances I still could have had a little fun. I smiled back at all the great times. 

I wish I could go back... but I cant undo what I have done. I cant regain my life again. I wish I would have never jumped over such a petty reason. I prayed to the gods. Please give me one more chance please. Even if I live a new life I want another chance. I saw a blinding light come towards me. It was a hand like figure stretch out their hand towards me. Is this true? Am I being given another chance? I extended my hand towards the light. Once Igain contact with the figure suddenly a big flash of light blinded me and I out.

~~

Pain. Thats what I felt. Im no longer in that lightweight body floating in darkness. Im back. Im actually back. I tried my hardest to open my eyes, they wouldnt open, no matter how hard I tried. I tried moving one of my fingers, they wouldnt budge. I tried moving my mouth and suddenly I became tired. Its too much, this is my punishment. But im so greatful that ive been given another chance. 

It passed few days in that state. I knew I was alive but I still couldnt do anything about it. At some points I felt massive amounts of pain but then someone would always come by and my pain would go away. I started to hear again. Though not clear I could hear distant muffles. I could hear voices but I could not identify who they were.

About a week later of trying to move something or open my eyes I was able to lift up my index finger. Though after that I got tired and went back to sleep. 

Its been about of month in this coma like state. I finally could my lips and hear precisely. All my fingers can move though it makes me really tired afterwards. I can always hear what I assume to be nurses talking about my progress. It makes me feel happy that someone is caring for me. There is also this other voice that comes by. For some reason I feel like I know who it is. But I cant quite put my finger on it.

2 weeks later I opened my eyes. Everything was blurry I couldnt see. But I knew. 'I did it,' I thought. Almost immedietly after I had opened them they shut once again. When I slept that night I had a smile on my face. 

4 months later I was already chewing my own food. I could also open my eyes for more than 45 minutes. I was so happy with my progress that I totally forgot about everything. Though I was only awake for about 4 hours of the day I was really happy.

Now its been about a year and a half. I could stay awake for about 12 hours and move my arms. The doctors said my recovery has been remarkable since I broke most of the bones of my body. I could talk but it always comes out as a gasp or a raspy whisper. So I opted not to talk at all. 

One day I saw a boy walk into my room. He looked odly familiar who is he?

"Hey," he said. Who was he and why did he look so familiar? Why do I feel like he is so important?

"Look, I know its really stupid of me to bring this up right now but me and that girl from before. We were never dating. We only kissed because she wanted to get someone jealous. Im sorry I left you. They dragged me out of school and I just forgot. Please, please forgive me!" He started to cry. Why was he crying? Did I do something bad? Who is he? Why am I crying?

I opened my mouth determined to say something. I dont know exactly what to say. But I still tried. Why does this guy make me feel so sad, yet so happy? Was he a possible boyfriend? Did I have a brother? I took a deep breath and spoke.

I was surprised... I didnt even know why I said that. Was that his name? I think I just said his name. I said it again. Voice still terribly raspy. His face lit up. He came by my side and held my hand.

"Im sorry, Im so sorry I forgot about you, I love you, I love you so much, I will always be by your side I promise," he cried out.

'I will always be by your side'... him. Its him. The one I love. The one that I fell for. The one that I jumped for. He's the reason. I should be angry right now but why? Why am I crying? Why am I so happy that he is here? I squeezed his hand back and I let out a faint,

"I love you too."

 

 

 

-------

 

 

 

7 years later

 

After all that has happened Im so happy to be where I am right now. I have fully recovered and now I am a healthy stylist with my own boutique. I know right, really contridicts my teenhood but I found out thats what I wanted to do. 

The road to recovery was tough, it look me a while to start clearly speaking and took even longer for me to start walking once again. But what makes me the most happy is to see the guy that I love be beside me through the whole thing.

After I got released I finished my highschool coarses and graduated with honors. We are now engaged and thinking to hold the wedding in 2 months. We bought our house after I graduated and started to live together ever since. His parents were very happy to be hearing about our wedding. Im very excited as well. 

Through this whole ordeal I have learned many things.

Life is valuable, you should always live life to the fullest and have no regrets.

Fight for your love. Dont give up just because something gets in your way.

Learn from your mistakes. You cant always be right, you always trip on the path of life, all you need to do is get right back up and step over the hurdle you once tripped over.

Though there are many more I am mostly greatful for being given another chance.

This is my comback. Im finished with escaping, I will not escape anymore. I will be strong! I will not be defeated my misunderstandings and depression.

This was my story, my life changing moment. The story of my attemt to escape.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

___________

A/N: So I actually decided to go with a happy ending. If this part ruins the story for you sorry and pretend you just didnt read it.

So I hope you all enjoyed,

p.s. none of this was true at all and I dont actually know what a recovery process is like. I havent even broken a bone in my body so I wouldnt know anything.

I have absolutely no intentions to name the characters so you can just make up names for yourself and be imaginative.

The first part of the epilogue was taken from her mind. She imagined herself in that void of darkness and she never really died. It just she was on the verge of dying. Also when she woke up and met with 'him' again she really just didnt remember. Because her brain got all ed up she had to regain some memories, some she could no longer regain but their love made her remember. 

In the beginning I said it would be realistic... it really isnt. Welp I tried :D

Sorry for my grammar mistakes or spelling mistakes I dont check over my work XD.

Peace and have a wonderful day!

~Mia