Following the Heart

Our Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

pls 4give the change in my writing style xoxoxoxo

not reviewed or editied. Just taken straight out of the oven.

Thank you for reading. Please upvote and comment :) ♥

Also, RIP me for Infinite's new album. Sungkyu is bae ♥♥♥

Jongwoon was straight. Straight as a chopstick.

Well, that was what he told himself when he broke up with Kyuhyun. But here he was six weeks later, dating Choi Siwon. It was kind of a whirlwind romance: Siwon calling him a month after their initial meeting, complaining about how Jongwoon hadn’t called him back. Jongwoon wasn’t even sure how the other male had gotten his phone number in the first place! Siwon told him that he had spoken to Kyuhyun (much to of his dismay) and he had given the younger male’s number so that he could persuade Jongwoon to forgive the singer. But that was never Siwon’s intention, as he just used it to get Jongwoon’s number for courting purposes.

Regardless, Jongwoon was now in a relationship with Choi Siwon.

And soon, he was going to be interning at SM Entertainment. He kind of regretting mentioning it to Kyuhyun, as to how he wanted to earn a bit of money over the summer but also try and get into the music industry, preferably as a singing coach. And then the singer visited him the next day saying that he had secured Jongwoon a summer internship to work with the famous entertainment company. He was shocked when he found out, he hadn’t even written a covering letter, let alone a résumé. Kyuhyun just told him that he didn’t need to worry about it, and that the salary was competitive.

He was worried though, now that their relationship had changed. He was still going to go regardless, there was no way he was going to miss an opportunity working at SM Entertainment. He wasn’t entirely sure what he was going to be doing in particular, Kyuhyun mentioned something about work shadowing so that was all that he knew about what his ten weeks of work would entail.

He would be moving into a flat on his own, although he had been hoping that he could move into a flat with Siwon. Maybe he was rushing into it, but Jongwoon really wanted to show Siwon (and himself) how serious he was about the relationship.

The move to his new flat was relatively smooth. Siwon helped him move his bits and bobs from his home in Cheonan back up to Seoul. (There wasn’t too much, just some clothes and food).

~

It was Jongwoon’s first day working at SM Entertainment. He awkwardly walked into the reception, trying to ignore the confused stares from the female fans as they waited to see the members of DBSK or even Kyuhyun walk out the front of the building to get their autographs.

“Hi, erm, my name is Kim Jongwoon and I am starting a summer internship today.”

“Ah! Kim Jongwoon ssi, we’ve been looking forward to you joining the company. This will be your pass to get into the building every day. You will have to scan it through the gates to get in, and then once you are through show your pass to one of the security guards. They will then let you through. Let me just call your manager to collect you know. He will brief you over everything that you will do while working here.” The receptionist picked up the phone and typed in a number. “Ah, manager, Jongwoon ssi is here. Can you please come down and pick him up?” She placed the phone back down, looking up at the intern. “Jongwoon ssi, he will be down momentarily. You can take a seat.”

Jongwoon walked over towards the chairs, looking at the wall with pictures of all the different celebrities working under SM Entertainment: DBSK, SNSD, their newest group EXO, along with many other actors, actresses and singers, and Cho Kyuhyun. He still looked the same as he remembered. That was, until he realised that the picture had been taken while they were still going out. He heard some footsteps approaching him and he turned around, seeing a man walking towards him. He bowed to the man. “Jongwoon ssi?” Jongwoon nodded. “I’m going to be your manager for your time here at SM Entertainment. Your role here will essentially be shadowing me sometimes taking over what I do. I am a manager here, leading the artists to each of their schedules and making sure that everything is okay with them. I also attend their practice sessions and provide advice when necessary.” Jongwoon nodded. While it wasn’t exactly what he wanted to do, it was still a good opportunity to learn about all of the different areas of the business. “Any questions?” He shook his head in response, and followed his manager up to the practice room where he presumed would be his manager’s artist. The door opened and Jongwoon followed to see chocolate brown locks, and the person turn around to face him.

Cho Kyuhyun.

Jongwoon felt his heart drop. He hadn’t spoken to the singer, let alone come face to face with him since that day six weeks ago. He could feel his heart pounding as all the memories, happy and sad flashed through his brain.

“Jongwoon ah” Kyuhyun stepped forward, arm reaching forward to the new intern. Jongwoon flinched before regaining his composure. He bowed to the singer and the teacher in the room.

“Hello, my name is Kim Jongwoon, please take care of me.” He could see the hurt in the singer’s eyes, as he bowed back, but chose to ignore this.

“Jongwoon ssi, this is my artist, Cho Kyuhyun, and the person you will be managing alongside me.”

“Guys, can I speak to Jongwoon alone?” Jongwoon tensed, as he watched the teacher and manager nod and leave the room alone. He looked down, feeling the singer’s gaze on him. “Jongwoon ssi, I know you have every right to be mad at me, but I promise you that there is and never will be anything between me and Kim Yuna. I know there isn’t any point in me telling you that now, but I just want you to actually hear it. You will be working with me now, so let’s both at least be civil with each other.”

Jongwoon looked up and for the first time, smiled. “Alright”.

~

Both Jongwoon and Kyuhyun got along much better after that. In fact, they started becoming, what Jongwoon considered, friends. While in the car driving to schedules, they would joke around and learn new things about each other. For example, he learnt that Kyuhyun’s favourite colour is blue, black and white.

He even started looking forward to going to work to chat and to learn about the business more. Even though Kyuhyun wasn’t currently promoting, he was in the process of producing a new music album and so they were both kept busy for the preparations. As he wasn’t a permanent member of staff, he wasn’t allowed to know what the track listings, or even the title track, would be. Because of that, he would shadow other artists as they trained.

He would see Siwon every evening, going out to eat together for dinner. Something romantic to do with Siwon to keep his mind busy after spending nine hours with Kyuhyun at work. Their relationship was go

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter