Part 1

It's You

 

It was a cloudy yet bright morning in February. A cold breeze still dancing around the capital city, leave a light spark of snow linger on the street and corner of buildings. Aside of that, people still doing their usual activities, do not care with breeze that seducing them to stay and cuddle at home. Some students and office workers are walking along the side of street with fast steps. Afraid that they’re might be late to get to school or office.

 

Among those busy people, there’s one eye-catching man, walk slower than other people. This tall man with raven hair and expensive dark-blue Armani’s suit, makes people around him looks like a beggar. People couldn’t take their eyes off this man. Not only his style which look different from others, but also his face. This man has an unusual feature of Korean men. He has a small face, with pointy nose and round eyes. And what makes more attractive is his gaze. Those charismatic’s gaze keep looking at front, like he’s not care with other people around.

 

When in bus and subway, people keep staring at him. Some women even try to flirt with him. But actually, it’s make him irritating. In his head, he couldn’t stop cursing for the unfortunate morning. His driver got sick and his car broke down. He didn’t have choice but to walk and take a bus and subway to get into his office. And people’s stare, is something that he’s always avoided in public.

 

Choi Minho, twenty-four years old, is a young CEO of one of big sales company. He is the heir of Choi’s enterprise that has been leading some big national and international companies. Being a rich kid didn’t make Minho being cocky to others, but he’s just somehow not like the way people staring at him. Judging how he is look.

 

He take a deep breathe when he finally free from those people in subway. With long steps, he’s start walking towards the building of his office. Suddenly, a scent of fresh brewing coffee caught his nostril. He takes a glance to side and found a new coffee shop. The wooden exterior among the skyscrapers make it looks really interesting. Minho glances to his watch, he still have a lot time to get a cup of coffee. Without hesitation, he takes a step inside the coffee shop that named Felicita.

 

“Welcome, sir~” He got a warm greet by the waiter and waitress of the shop.

 

His black eyes wondering around the interior of coffee shop. The wooden table and iconic iron chair are unique combination. He could even smell the pine trees room fragrance. This coffee shop has an unusual yet perfect design for a coffee shop that opened between offices. Minho just too awed by the surrounded and he don’t realize a waitress walk pass him.

 

He bumped into the waitress, make her spill a cup of espresso to his suit. The short waitress almost fall back but one of her friend catches her first.

 

“!” Minho cursed loud as notice his suit got stained.

 

“Oh my god, I’m sorry… I’m really sorry…” the waitress bowed to him several times.

 

He feels his anger rise. His morning just get worst. “Do you know how much this suit costs?” He raised his voice to the waitress.

 

The said waitress keeps mumbling apologizes while bowing. Minho could feel the fears of her although he’s not looking into her eyes. The waitress keeps looking down, her body trembling in fears. She has no courage to look at Minho’s eyes. Minho closes his eyes a second. He tries to control his anger. When the girl about to say another thing again Minho raise his hand, tells her to stop. He takes his leave from the coffee shop and promise to himself that he will never get back to there again.

 

“What’s with that face?” Jonghyun, his partner and also his bestfriend, frowned when he notice the annoying face of Minho. He’s following Minho to his office with a cup of tea that he just made in pantry.

 

“Nothing,” Minho answer while take a seat. He leans his back on chair then closes his eyes.

 

“C’mon, dude. I know it’s not just ‘nothing’,” Jonghyun take a seat on Minho’s desk. He don’t need to be polite in front of his own bestfriend, Minho told him so.

 

“Don’t you see this?” Minho point at the brown stained on his suit.

 

Jonghyun’s eyes widened. But after some seconds, Jonghyun’s laugh fills the room. Minho takes off his suit and shirt angrily. “Just shut up, man.” He growls to Jonghyun while change his shirt with the spare that he put in small cabinet.

 

“Pardon me…” Jonghyun still chuckles. “How much did you sue the man who’s ruin your Armani suit?”

 

“Nothing.”

 

“Nothing?” Jonghyun raised his eyebrow.

 

“It’s because of a careless waitress in new coffee shop.” Minho explains while looping his tie.

 

Jonghyun just nodding as he remembered the coffee shop he passed by before. “So you got angry because of someone spill a coffee to your suit but not sued her? What makes you still put on those annoying face though?”

 

“Because that accident just made my morning gets worse. My driver sick, my car broke down, and my new suit ruined. This isn’t my kind of morning.” Minho takes a seat again and take a deep breathe. “Just thinking of that again gets me headache.”

 

“Don’t forget the meeting with new client today. It would be tough.” Jonghyun grins as he get off desk.

 

“Damn you, Jonghyun.” Minho throws a pen to him but it missed.

 

“I’ll get a coffee for you!” Jonghyun said while walk out the office.

 

It’s a long tiring day for Minho, being a CEO isn’t an easy thing to do. Although some people might think that the CEO jobs is just to order their worker and receive a report. It isn’t as simple as that. Even the responsibility he holds is much bigger. Minho finished his work a little bit late than usual. He walking out the building with his secretary, Sooyeon, and tell her to get a taxi for him.

 

He was busy with some emails from his tab when a familiar girl approaching him. “Uhm.. excuse me, sir.”

 

Minho glances to her. A young girl with innocent features staring at him with a beautiful sparkle eyes, but Minho could see a fear in there. “Who are you?”

 

The girl gets nervous. “I—I’m the waitress from Felicita that bumped into you this morning. I’m deeply sorry.” She said a bit stuttered and bowed to him.

 

“Ah, you….” Minho just notice the brown apron that the girl used is has Felicita name printed on front.

 

“Minho sshi, the taxi is here.” Sooyeon interrupt as the taxi stop in front of them.

 

He gestured Sooyeon to give him a time. He stares at the girl who’s now hiding those innocent look of her by looking down. “It was my mistake, I’m really careless. Just please, forgive me. I’ll take a responsibility. You can come again and we will served you free coffee for a month.” She said still avoiding Minho’s intense gaze.

 

“What’s your name?”

 

The girl a bit startled at the question. She locked gaze with Minho, which makes her more nervous. His gaze somehow her in. “Choi J—Junhee.”

 

“Do you know how much it costs for my suit?” Minho asked again, with unreadable expression.

 

Junhee just shakes her head.

 

“$8.500 and the costs for the laundry and other treatment is half of it.”

 

Junhee eyes get really wide in shock. Her face got pale. “Th-that’s—…I’m really sorry, sir.” She’s bow to him over and over again.

 

“You have to pay for it.”

 

Junhee bites her lips. She can save money to pay for it but it might take long time. On other side, she needs to save it for her tuition. It would be hard for her. But it’s her mistake. So she just nods lightly in agreement.

 

“You’ll pay for that? Really? Wow… I don’t think a girl like you can do that.” There a cocky tone on his words. “However, I could make it easier for you.”

 

The girl eyes become wide again, this time with a dazzling of hope. “H-how?”

 

Minho holds Junhee’s chin up, pulled the girl face closer to him and whisper in husky tone. “Pay it with your body.”

 

Once again, Junhee get shock. She stayed there like a statue, try to dissolve Minho’s words to her sense. A smirk appears on Minho’s lips. He likes how Junhee react to his words so well. Her eyes filled with fears again, which Minho found it weirdly adorable. Junhee still stunned and unable to find a right word to say, then Minho’s chuckle distract her.

 

“I was just kidding.” He pats the girl head, which make him realize that the girl has petite figure. He sent the girl his wide yet playfull smile. He walks away from the girl who still stunned for the second time to get into the taxi.

 

Minho still let out a chuckle along the ride to home. He didn’t realize until before that the waitress that bumped into him having such a beautiful yet innocent face. He don’t know why, but looking at those innocent face of hers making him want to play with her a bit.

 

Choi Junhee. Minho not thinks that he would forget those two syllables in his head.

 

 

X x X x X

 

The next day, the morning starts not as bad as yesterday. The driver drives Minho to office. Usually, Minho would ask to straightly to office but this time Minho ask the driver to stop in front of a known coffee shop.

 

Some pedestrians glance to him as he walks out the car. He buttons up his suit then walking inside the coffee shop. A warm welcome greets him again, though there’s a bit chance of air inside. His eyes wander around until meet with the lovely one.

 

“Welcome to Felicita, may I take your order, sir?” Junhee said a bit stuttered when Minho walk to the counter with small smile.

 

“One iced macchiato, please.” Minho keep his gaze on the nervous girl who try to avoid it.

 

Junhee take a medium glass and a pen. “The name?”

 

“Minho.”

 

Junhee write down the name on cup and making Minho’s order. After done, she gives the cup to Minho. This time she being extra careful, avoiding the same mistake again. Minho gladly accepted the cup of coffee.

 

“Ah, you no need to pay it, sir.” Junhee said when Minho takes out cash to pay the coffee. Minho frowned. “I told you that it will be free for you.” She explained.

 

“Thank you then.” Minho flashes a bright smile to her.

 

In instant, Junhee’s face turned into a pink shade. She immediately bent down her head as she heard a little chuckle escape from Minho’s mouth.

 

“Your work is done around 9, right?” Minho asked, his eyes linger on the girl.

 

“H-huh?” Junhee lift her head up in confused yet surprise. How can Minho know her schedule? “Yes.” She nods lightly.

 

“Alright. See ya later.” Minho sent her a smile again this time looks a bit suspicious. He walks out the coffee shop, left Junhee who still in confusion.

 

Not only the girl who frown in confused, Jonghyun too. That puppy stares at his bestfriend suspiciously when he walk passed by his office with a silly grin. “Yah, Choi Minho. You’re being weird these couple days.”

 

Minho just chuckles while Jonghyun following him behind. “Nothing, hyung.” He said politely, which makes Jonghyun more suspicious instead.

 

“Did you get hit by bus or just having great ed last night?”

 

Heard that makes Minho turned his expression into a flat one. “That’s not it, hyung.”

 

“Then what? You never call me ‘hyung’ unless you are in good mood.”

 

Minho try to ignore Minho, sipping his macchiato while take a seat on his desk. Jonghyun eyes land on the cup of the coffee.

 

“I thought you will never come to that coffee shop again.”

 

“Who said that?” Minho is busying himself with piles of document on his desk.

 

“You.”

 

“Well… the waitress who bumped me yesterday, actually a cute one.”

 

“Damn, I know it. It’s about girl.” Jonghyun laughs in victory. “Is she really cute?”

 

“Yes she is. She isn’t like other girls. She is naturally cute.” Minho remembered about the girl expression when he , even with a simple smile, she’s really shy around Minho.

 

“Wow, that’s new one from you. Good luck then, bro.” Jonghyun say in teasing tone.

“Thank you very much, go back to work you lazy . You haven’t sent me a report from your department!” Minho scolding him then throwing a pen to the dino guy who already running out his office.

The day went well today, even his schedule tighter than the usual because he had to lead a meeting and had to meet an old client which is kinda rude, and Minho always complain after the meeting done, but this time Minho didn’t.

“Sooyeon-ya, the work time is over. Why don’t you go home?” Minho notice Sooyeon who still on her desk, facing the screen with serious face.

“I still have to do something. The new client hasn’t sent us the time for meeting tomorrow and I need to work on the document you want, sir.”

“Just go home, you can do it tomorrow. Have your beauty sleep, noona.” Minho send her a bright smile while pats her shoulder.

Jessica, who has been her secretary for two years raised one of her eyebrow. Minho not always good but never been bad either. Her boss is a perfectionist, always tell her to do anything on time without any mistake. “She’s really something hm?” Sooyeon says with teasing tone while turn off the computer and collecting her things.

“She’s who?” Minho a bit shock but can’t help to grin as he remember Junhee’s face.

They both walk out the office together but separated when Minho out of the elevator on the ground floor. Sooyeon no needs to ask why he didn’t go to the basement to take his car, because Minho will not back home right away.

“Welcome, sir.”

Minho nostrils caught the smells of pine as he walked in. Junhee widened her eyes as she meet the familiar figure that made her face become red in a second. Minho sent her a bright smile, other girls in the coffee shops already set eyes to him, but those charming gaze of him just landed to the adorable waitress on the counter.

“Good evening, may I take your order, sir?” Junhee look down, playing with her own fingers nervously.

“I can order anything from here, right?” Minho ask, this time he put on a serious face which Junhee notice as she peek.

“Y-yes, sir.” She nods.

“Who’s the manager of this coffee shop?” Minho wanders his gaze around the shop.

Junhee get confused at Minho’s question. But thankfully, Kibum heard the ‘manager’ word from Minho’s mouth and immediately approach him on the counter.

“Hello, I’m Kim Kibum. I’m not the manager but I’m the owner.” The feminine guy introduces himself with a warm smile “Is there anything we can help you, sir….?” He confused how to call the tall guy in front of him.

“I’m Choi Minho. There’s one thing I want from this shop.”

“What is it?”

“I wanna take one of your waitress on date.” Minho says while glance to Junhee.

The latter girl can’t help but blushing, she immediately covers her face with palms. She can’t even control her heart beat that goes so fast, it feels like can explode any second. She didn’t notice that Kibum glance to him with a smirk, he knew that this would happen, since Junhee and him are friends who always sharing together.

“It might take a high price, sir.” Kibum says in teasing tone.

Junhee nudge him with her elbow. “Excuse me!” while Kibum groans in pain, she run off and hide in the kitchen.

X x X x X

After the night Minho first asked Junhee on date, he keeps coming to the coffee shop, before he got to work and after back from work. It’s always Junhee who served him a cup of iced macchiato on his visits. Sometimes, during lunch Minho would come too. He would munching a tuna sandwich while having a little talk (or tease) with Junhee.

He had asked Junhee on date (again) for five times but the latter girl will always run away or hide somewhere. Minho knows she’s still shy to be around him, yet Minho not give up. The more he visits the shop, the more Junhee being used to his presence. Little did Minho not know, Junhee always set her eyes to the coffee shop’s door, in the morning and in the evening, waiting for the charming man walk in with a melting smile.

But lately, Junhee glances to the door more often than usual. It’s been three days since Minho not showed up to coffee shop. Perhaps the latter man busy with works, but there was one time when Minho not showed up for almost a week because he needed to going for business abroad. That time Minho informed her before he’s gone, but this time he didn’t. It makes Junhee worried, yet she could do nothing but waiting for the latter man to come back.

On the other side, Minho feels worried for Junhee too, although he needs to worry to himself first since his condition not gets better since couple days ago. He got sick and can only doing work in his apartment. Sometimes Sooyeon or Jonghyun would visit him. He wants to going out so bad to meet Junhee but doctor still prohibited him to do so.

My life’s , he mumbles to himself as he crawls from bed, walks bit limping to the kitchen to get a glass of water. He got startled by the sound of phone call. He fastly takes the phone that he put on the nightstand and answers the call without looking at the screen.

“Who’s this?”

“Dude, how can you not recognize your own bestfriend? Don’t you save my number?” Jonghyun answer from the other line.

“I wasn’t notice the ID. What is it?” Minho asked with a little coughs. His throat feels really itchy and all his body temperature is high.

“I will come to your place and bring you dinner. What do you want?”

“I want Junhee.” Minho closes his eyes as he lay down on bed. He’s indeed missing the cute waitress.

“Dude, seriously.” Jonghyun a bit confused.

“I’m serious.”

“Tsk, what’s with bro’s before hoe.”

“Damnit, she’s not a hoe. Don’t come here. off! ” Minho growls in anger and hung up the call immediately. “ that dino.” He curled himself in blanket after throws his phone away.

He couldn’t stop thinking about Junhee. He always feels warm and comfortable around the latter girl, the feeling that he never felt before. Of course he had some girlfriends before, but this one is different. Junhee not looking at him as a wealthy man, she’s looking at him as one ordinary man. Probably that’s one thing that makes Minho feel comfortable around her. With mind full of the known adorable waitress, Minho fell into a deep sleep.

DING DONG~

Minho open his eyes slowly, his eyelids still feels heavy. He’s checking his body temperature, still not decrease. The bell door ringing once again, he walks slowly to the front door while holding onto the wall, prevent himself from falling. No need to look at the monitor, he can guess who’s coming.

“Jonghyun hyung, told you to of—“ the words stuck on his throat when he found a girl that has been haunting his dream for some days standing by the door.

“Annyeonghaseyo.” Junhee bow to him and stare at him shyly.

Minho blinks his eyes several times. Am I still dreaming? He thought to himself then slaps his own cheek, makes the girl in front of his widen eyes in surprise.

“M—minho oppa.” Unintentionally, Junhee grabs Minho’s hand to prevent him from hurt himself more. But it makes her more surprised when she feels Minho’s burning skin. “You’re sick?!” She glances to Minho with worries.

While the latter man still staring at her with unbelievable gaze. “Junhee..?”

“Yes, I’m here oppa.” Junhee send him a small smile while holding his hand tightly.

After a second, Minho fainted.

Later, Minho woke up by the sound of someone chopping and water boiling from kitchen. He can’t remember clearly yet how can he end up on the couch at living room. He slid away the blanket that wrapped around his body, with a little energy left, he walks slowly to kitchen. He could see a blur image of a woman shuffling around the kitchen with apron.

“M—mom?” He calls with a cracked voice.

The woman turns around. “Oh, oppa you awake.” Junhee approach the latter man who stare at her with surprised look.

“How can you be here?” Minho asks as Junhee lead him back to resting on couch.

“You are the one who opened the door for me.” Junhee send him a soft sincere smile that Minho never seen before. For a second Minho thought that he still dreaming, but when Junhee touch his forehead, it’s real!

“Are you feeling better?” Junhee’s checking his body temperature.

“Just a little bit dizzy.”

“Wait ne, the porridge almost done. Eat first then you can take medicines.” When Junhee about to go, Minho hold her hand. Make her blushing in a second.

“How do you know my place?” Minho stares at those dazzling eyes that he missed the most. He’s linking her fingers with the latter girl that turn into a shy one once again.

“A man named Kim Jonghyun came to the coffee shop, he told me that you are sick and gave me your address.” Junhee explain while try to avoiding Minho’s intense gaze that made her heart beat racing so fast.

A small smile curved on Minho’s lips. “I’m glad knowing that you are worried about me.”

“I—I’m not…”

“You are not?”

“Ung…” Junhee could only look down as Minho leaning his face closer to hers. She swears that her face is really red just like a boiling crab.

DING!

The sounds of microwave break the moment. Junhee hurriedly run to the kitchen and continue preparing the food for Minho, while the latter man could only chuckle at her shyness, yet he feels really happy that Junhee comes to see him. 

They eat the porridge and baked potatoes in silent. However, once in awhile Minho would stare at the girl that sitting across him with a small smile. Meanwhile the latter girl only can bow her head down. She’s afraid to be drowned into those charming gaze of the older man. After done, Junhee cleaning the dishes while humming a song, try to break the nervousness as she could feel Minho’s gaze on her back.

“You have lovely voice.”

“Thank you, oppa.” Junhee glance to him while drying her hand. “Have you takes the meds?”

Minho nods.

“Great. You can rest, I will back home now. It’s late.” She says a bit stuttered.

With a slow steps Minho approach her and wrap his arms around the petite girl waist from behind. Makes the girl startled but freeze on her foot. “Don’t go yet.” He buries his face on Junhee’s crook. He could feel the girl getting tense but he stayed at the position. He wrapped his arms around the latter girl tightly, no wanting her to disappear any second.

“O—oppa..” Junhee feels her heartbeat racing, maybe it would explode in a second. The temperature of Minho’s body seems like not decrease yet, since Junhee could feel it as their skin touched.

“Will you stay?” A husky whisper let out from Minho’s mouth, makes Junhee shivers. Minho implied something in his words that only Junhee understand, which made Junhee shocked.

She took a deep breathe, try not to sounds stuttered as ask… “Can I?”

“Of course you can.”

A gleam of happiness is written in Junhee’s eyes. Although Minho can’t see it, he already knows that the latter girl is incredibly happy, as he linked their hands together in tight grip. Then Minho leads Junhee to his bedroom.

It wasn’t something passionate that Minho seeks. Not the right time. Yet. Even it’s something that man always wanted, but Choi Junhee is different in Minho’s eyes. She’s unbloom and Minho wants to keep her like that.

The shyness, the red cheeks, the clumsy gesture, probably the things that makes Minho’s attract to her. She’s just all natural. She didn’t pretending, even when she tried to lie to Minho, it could be read from her facial. Somehow her innocent defying her age, which is just four years younger than Minho.

That night, apparently the first time for Junhee to fall asleep in man embraces. She didn’t mind at all, because she believes that Minho will not take advantages of her especially in that condition. So she let Minho hold him tight, having her head on his broad chest. Junhee feels incredibly happy, as she realizes that Minho’s heartbeat as fast as hers. Those beats like a beautiful symphony of lullaby that takes her to the most beautiful dream she ever imagined.

 

 

To be continue...