Final

Don’t Want to Miss a Thing…
Please log in to read the full chapter

As he walked out of the studio, having just finished a session with his group, Woohyun just couldn’t shake the memory of the last time he was in the very same building.

 

“…I'm not that chained up little person still in love with you. I'm saving all my loving for someone who's loving me…”

 

What an idiot he had been!  Not only had he angered his bandmates, SHINee and a few other idols close to both bands, but he had let the best thing to have ever happened to him slip through his foolish fingers.

 

 And for what?!  Some girl that he never saw again after that disastrous evening?  Woohyun felt there was no one else as laughable and brainless on the planet as he to have lost Kibum’s love.

 

Passing through the front door, he then leaned on the wall just outside the entrance.  Rubbing his face, to help rid the evidence of the tears that had begun to fall, he then pulled out his cell phone.  He didn’t know why he would possibly think Key might try and contact him, but every hour of every day since he lost the love of his life he would check the device, just in case. 

 

But of course, just like every time previously, he was disappointed by the lack of communication.

 

Hearing a van pull up, and not wanting anyone to see him in this state, Woohyun pushed himself away from the wall and turned to the parking lot to find his car.  He might as well go back to his dorm and see if anyone was home, and if they would at last end the silent treatment that had been imposed on him because of his behavior.

 

Loud laughter rang out as the occupants exited the vehicle and began to enter the structure.  Recognizing the unique sound of one individual, Woohyun turned around quickly and ducked behind the corner of the building. Peeking out, he saw the one that made his heart still quake in his chest, Kibum.

 

Key was going in with his group, head on Minho’s shoulder, who had wrapped his arm about Kibum.  Taemin was holding Key’s hand, swinging it back and forth, and trying to work his aegyo in order to clearly obtain something.

 

 Jinki and Jonghyun brought up the rear of the procession, snickering at whatever the group was conversing about.  In obvious high spirits, the troop entered and the door closed behind them, leaving a deafening quiet behind, broken only by the sounds of occasional cars passing by.

 

After a deep, shaky breath, Woohyun turned back to the parking lot, found his car, and settled in the driver’s seat.  Leaning his head back, he closed his eyes, which were once again tearing up.

 

 “Why was I so stupid?” he asked himself out loud in the cocoon of his automobile.  Shaking his head, wiping his eyes clear, he started the car and pulled out onto the road headed back home.

 

Inside the studio, SHINee was preparing to record a few tracks for their next mini-album.  Taemin had wandered off to find a snack or beverage. Jinki was conversing with the producer, Jonghyun adding his thoughts as needed.  Minho and Key had settled on a couch in the lounge, relaxing before having to record, touching from shoulder to knee, and leaning on one another.

 

Kibum turned to Minho, with a very thoughtful look on his face. 

 

“What?” Minho inquired with a smile. 

 

Knowing his life had changed so much since breaking up with Woohyun, Key, trying to come up with the proper words, looked deeply into Minho’s eyes and smiled a very slight, but content smile. “I could spend my life in this sweet surrender; I could stay lost in this moment forever.  Every moment spent with you is a moment I treasure,” came the soft words from the ordinarily loud diva.

 

Minho, blushing, hugged Key and leaned to whisper in his ear. “I thank God we're together. I just wanna stay with you in this moment forever, forever and ever.” Now it was Kibum’s turn to blush, and he returned Minho’s hug.

 

“Alright you two, break it up!” came the teasing voice of their leader. 

 

Taemin, having returned empty handed from his foraging, giggled delightedly.  “Eomma!  Get a room!”, and then scampered away when he saw he was about to be pounced on by the couple seated on the couch. 

 

Jonghyun, laughing at the circus that had erupted in the waiting area, reminded their manager that it would probably be best if they got into the recording studio before further chaos happened.  Agreeing, manager-nim started corralling the boys, and then herded them into the recording area.

 

After a very successfully recording session, the group thanked the staff and then went out to their van.  Needing to get as much sleep as possible for the next day’s schedule, the band went straight home, and each headed to bed quickly. 

 

Sleeping arrangements had changed since Kibum’s breakup with Woohyun.  Now Minho and Key shared a room, and Tae had moved into Jonghyun’s room.  Jinki was still fortunate to have a room to himself.

 

The dorm quieted as everyone settled down for the night, hoping to get enough rest for tomorrow’s hectic pace.

 

In the full size bed they opted for, instead of two twin beds, Key and Minho lay facing each other. Reaching for Minho’s hand, Kibum shifted closer to the younger, and just watched as his best friend, and new love, drifted to sleep.

 

With a gratified smile, Key sang tenderly. “Lying close to you, feeling your heart beating, I'm wondering what you're dreaming. Wondering if it's me you're seeing.” Repositioning himself to lean his head on Minho’s strong chest, Kibum continued. “I don't wanna close my eyes I don't wanna fall asleep.’Cause I'd miss you, baby, and I don't wanna miss a thing”

 

From above his head, Kibum heard Minho sing gently, “I don't wanna miss one smile. I don't wanna miss one kiss. Well, I just wanna be with you, right here with you, just like this”.

 

Grinning and looking up, Key poked Minho’s side. “I thought you were asleep,” he accused.  Laughing faintly, Minho just beamed down at Key.  “How can I sleep when this room is filling up with so much cheese?” he questioned teasingly.

 

Kibum sat up quickly, and straddled Minho, beginning to tickle him mercilessly.  “Cheese huh?! I’ll have you know I meant those words, you head!  See if I tell you how much I love you ever again!” 

 

Kibum then huffed and flounced off to the side of the bed to sit as far from his dim-witted boyfriend as possible.

 

Laughing even harder, Minho crawled to where Key was pouting and back hugged him.  “Oh come on, Bummie, you know I love it when you get all mushy!” he teased the older boy.

 

“Wait a minute!” exclaimed Minho, bending over to see his beloved’s face. “You just said you love me!”

 

“Well, yeah, I thought it was obvious since I’ve been singing Aerosmith at you all day,” sulked Key.

 

Rearranging himself so that he was seated before Key, Minho took his adored one’s face in his hands, unwaveringly kissed those bow shaped lips he loved almost as much as the boy himself, and then pulled back. “I know you love me, but you haven’t said it to me in the context of ‘love-love’ me.  You’ve only used that term when referring to me as your friend or bandmate.”

 

Shyly, Key inclined toward his sweetheart, and whispered against Minho’s lips. “Don't wanna close my eyes. Don't wanna fall asleep, yeah, I don't wanna miss a thing. Because I love you so very much.”

 

He then ran his fingers through Minho’s hair, gripped his beau’s nape, and kissed him deeply.

 

Minho, though surprised, responded with great enthusiasm. They reveled in this time they had alone, and could show each other how very smitten they were.

 

After countless heated minutes, they broke apart, and mutually had silly smiles on their faces.  “Guess we should try and get some sleep, huh?” questioned Kibum.

With a small, but understanding frown on his face, Minho agreed.  The two resumed their previous reclining positions on the bed, but then moved to embrace each other, Key once again with his head on Minho’s chest.

 

“Good night, love of my life. I am so grateful you chose me to guard your heart,” voiced Minho.

 

Blushing once again, Key replied, “I’m the grateful one.  If not for you, and our SHINee family, I don’t know what I would have done when Woohyun betrayed me like he did. Being reminded of the love we all have for each other, and the very special relationship you and I have now, is probably the greatest blessing I’ve ever received.”

 

Hugging each other tightly for a brief moment, and after a quick good-night kiss, the two promptly fell asleep, dreaming of their future together.

 

 

 

The following day, SHINee arrived at the Music Core Studio, ready to give their very best.  Running back to the dressing rooms, each of the members received their outfits for the day, and then moved on to the makeup noonas.

 

Stepping out to the side of the stage before his band mates had finished, Key struck up a conversation with some of his sunbaes in Super Junior.  Laughing at a particularly funny Heechul, Kibum turned to see if his group had finished getting ready.  At that moment, he connected eye-to-eye with the cad who had broken his heart.

 

Heechul, and Kyhun who had been part of their conversation, noticed instantly Kibum’s overwrought expression.  Comprehending what was in his line of sight, the two SuJu members confirmed what had caused the stressful moment. 

 

Being close to SHINee, SuJu knew all about the break up, and still were not on friendly terms with the Infinite member. Closing ranks around Kibum, the two created a protective barrier.

 

“Do you want us to take you anywhere, Key?” asked the Super Junior Diva.

 

“Yeah, I can go get your members if you want,” offered Kyhun.

 

Key immediately shook his head.  Hugging his much-loved friends, he paused, looked at Woohyun again, and then turned to his dual-hyung.  “No, I’m good. I’ll just wait over there.” 

 

He then proceeded to the back of the stage area where directors and producers were briefing the idols on what they were doing and when to enter.

 

Giving Woohyun a dirty look, which was a warning that it would not bode well if he should try to approach them, the two SuJu bandmates went to find their own group. 

 

And maybe make a short detour to where the rest of SHINee was preparing for the recording.

 

Shortly after their exit, Jinki came running out, looking for Key.  Finding him in conversation with one of the directors, most likely getting instructions on how they were to perform, Jinki made his way over to where Infinite was standing and waiting.

 

Walking up to Woohyun, SHINee’s leader invaded his personal space and said, in a very low, and somewhat threatening tone, “Leave my band alone.”

 

Sunggyu, Infinite’s leader, swiftly got between the incensed fellow leader and his own band member.  “Jinki, what is going on now?!” He excl

Please log in to read the full chapter