Chapter 6

Mannequin

As the end of the first month came closer and closer, every day was like hell. Shin Ra was just giving me more and more work, mostly with the male trainees. They all were really rude, and they said the 'who did you sleep together with' "joke" almost every day, since they probably knew that it hurt me really.

I can't give up. Three days and I'll get this job for sure. They have no reason to kick me out.

"Minseo, how about you go and visit the male trainees?" said Shin Ra.

"Sure, I'll go. Anything specific that I should do with them?"

"No, just be there. Tsk. Sure there is something specific. I was just about to start when you cut me. Are all Europeans like this or only you? Nevermind. So. I know that you always help everyone with the grocery, but you always miss the male trainees. If you do something, do it properly. Now go and ask them what they need."

I bowed and went to the boys' practice room. I took a deep breath before I entered, just to see the boys fooling around like always. The oldest, Kang Min noticed me.

"Look, our favorite noona. It's been so long! What can we do for you today?"

With these words, he could've been kind. But the sarcastic smile on his face made it clear that I was not welcomed.

Three more days.

"Actually, it's what I can do for you." I started. The boys started laughing and I realized a moment late that what I just said can be meant in another way. I started shaking my head furiously, trying to make them understand that it's not about that. "All I wanted to say, is that I know that you have a lot of practice and you have no time, and I want to ask if you want me to do the shopping for you." I said with one breath.

Kang Min seemed surprised. He probably expected some course like the one with the make-up, but he quickly pulled himself together. He was about to open his mouth, when the youngest trainee Jin Shik answered before him.

"Sure, noona, you can do the shopping. I'll write you the list."

After a minute, the list was done. There were just a few things on it, nothing special.

"I think it will be around 8000 won. Could you give me the money now, or when I return?" I asked.

"Money? We're trainees. We don't have money." they sighed, and for one time, I didn't see any sarcasm in their eyes. I nodded and went out of the room without saying anything.

~~

When the girl went out, the boys were speechless. Did she just agree to buy their groceries?

"Three more days." Said Jin Shik. We need to apologize to her.

"Maybe. I still don't know how she got here, and actually, the only thing I can think of is that she slept with someone, but , she just came here from another continent, and she needed a job desperately. We cannot know what lead her to Seoul. She doesn't deserve this. I've spoken with Hee Min. They're also trying to be rude with her, but it gets harder as the time goes." Kang Min said. The other two boys looked at him amused: they haven't seen this philosophical side of him yet. He never failed to surprise them, but actually he turned out to be wiser than he might seem. If they're going to debut ever, Kang Min will be a good leader.

~~

How could I been so rude to ask for money from them? I knew that they were trainees. They really have no money. I bought chocolates for them, and I wrote a small note saying that I'm sorry that I expected them to pay for it and I hope that I didn't hurt them.

When I went into their practice room, they were not there, probably they were having lunch. Actually I was happy about this, I was sorry about what I did before but I still wanted to avoid any kind of conversation with the boys, especially Kang Min. I hope he is not like this with others. I know why he is like this with me, but if he's acting like this with others, he's going to be kicked out of everywhere. This is why I'm worried a bit, actually.

The other thing is that of course, what if these three days pass and he'll still be like this? He made me cry the first time we met, and it can still be worse.

I sighed and left the bags in the practice room, and went to the cantina to have lunch.

~~

"Unnie!" I heard a loud voice as I entered the cantina. This could only be one person: Kye Rin. She was waving happily and signed me to sit and eat with her. Only that her teammates were there also. However, I haven't spoken with Kye Rin for long, and I missed her positivity. This is why I made my way through the cantina to sit opposite of her, right next to Hee Min, her group's rapper.

I greeted them properly, but they didn't respond. I expected this anyway, so I just started chatting with Kye Rin.

"Unnie, imagine, tomorrow we'll have our first fan meeting so we'll need stylists. I asked Seok Hyun oppa if you could come and he said yes!"

"Not like we wanted you to come" Hee Min mumbled. I ignored her.

"That's nice! I'll come!" I tried to sound as excited as I could. Being all day long with Kye Rin is nice, but there are three other girls who will definitely make it clear that I'm not welcomed.

We kept on chatting until the others left. Soo Hee turned to me before standing up, and told me this:

"Don't hold Kye Rin up. Unlike you, lazy brat, she has things to do."

I just sit there, frozen. Nobody ever used swear words against me, and it hurt, because this time, she didn't even have any reason to do so.

I swallowed my tears and nodded. After I felt that it was safe to talk without actually bursting into tears, I told Kye Rin to leave.

"Unnie, is everything right?" she asked. "I'll ask Soo Hee unnie to apologize, if you need it."

"No, you don't have to. You shouldn't argue with your members. Now go." I smiled, and Kye Rin smiled back. Her pure kindness and happiness gives me strength.

~~

 

I did my daily helping tour around the building, hoping that it would distract my mind. It was successful, and I killed a lot of time with it. It was around half past five when I ended helping everyone, and I decided that I should go back to the other stylists.

But as soon as I stopped running around, my mind just drifted back to lunch. Lazy brat.

While I was making my way back to the office, I bumped into Kang Min. He might've seen the tears in my eyes. He grinned at me.

"Look, someone might just dumped our sweet princess?"

I must've looked confused. Who dumped me? What?

"You think I didn't see you and Daehyun coming out of the bathroom the other day? It was so obvious that you were doing it. I guess I know who made the CEO hire you. Am I wrong?" I was speechless. When we went out, I saw no one… is it possible that he was hiding somewhere? No way. I cannot let him spread any rumors about me. I need to survive three more days… "But don't worry. I won't tell anybody. You just need to do one thing for me."

Without me saying anything, he grabbed my chin and kissed me on the lips. I was so surprised and I couldn't do anything. He pulled away, but still held onto me.

"Now we're even. I won't tell anyone about you're little thing with Daehyun. I hope this wasn't a big price for a like you already are."

With these he left me. I just stood in my place. What's with everybody today? First, Soo Hee calls me a brat, and then Kang Min assumes that I'm sleeping with Daehyun, kisses me and then calls me a .

This is too much for me.

~~

It was already past 8 pm and Minseo didn't came. Jongup couldn't even think that she forgot it: they've had their lessons for almost a week now. Maybe she was just tired and went home. But she would at least drop by the practice room to let him know that she won't come today.

Something was wrong.

~~

Shin Ra was slowly losing her mind. Where is Minseo? She already asked the receptionist, and the girl didn't go home yet. Then where the hell is she? She could bear everything so fine until now, and Shin Ra also saw the skill in her which Jisoo spoken about so much… She cannot screw up three days before the end of her probation period.

She didn't let it show, but she cared about the young girl. She knew Minseo was skillful, and that she didn't deserve all this thing what the CEO told them to do, but when the CEO says that you jump off the cliff, you do it happily, if you want to keep your job. And everyone wanted to keep their jobs.

Except for B.A.P. Their leader is all about justice and is a very kind-hearted person, and he didn't want to be rude against the new girl, and s just stuck with him. If they'd been trainees, the CEO would've kicked them out. But they're the main source of income for the company, so they basically do what they want to do. And the best about them is that they don't abuse this privilege.

Shin Ra decided earlier, that when her probation will end, whether Minseo will stay or not, she will apologize to her. She still didn't know what she'll say about the reason for her rudeness, because she cannot just say that the CEO asked every single employee to be rude with her, so she'll just think about something. She still has three days for this.

But there is something that she has to do right now: search for the poor girl. Before the CEO notices. She called the receptionist again, and there was still nothing. Minseo did not leave the building. And there's no rear exit.

Maybe they had gone too far with the rudeness-thing? Minseo had incredible tolerance but everyone has their limit.

Shin Ra rushed out of the office, straight into the girls' practice room. They were having a break.

"Did any of you see Minseo? She's been missing for hours now. Or just some thoughts. Where could she be? Why could've she gone away?"

"I don't know." said the oldest.

"Come on unnie, you straight up called her a lazy brat." said the youngest, then she turned to Shin Ra. "You'll find Minseo unnie, right? She might just fallen asleep somewhere. Do you need me to go with you to search for her?"

"No, don't come, you have practice. But thank you for your help." said Shin Ra and went out of the room.

Back on the way to the office, she bumped into Jongup.

"Have you seen Minseo?" they asked at the same time. Well, this made it obvious that they didn't.

"Look, I really want to find her, but let's not make it a big deal, because if the CEO gets to know about this, he'll fire Minseo for sure. You search for her in the upper floors, and I search in the lowers. Call me if you find her." Shin Ra said, and Jongup nodded as they parted ways.

~~

It was dark and cold in one of the abandoned rooms on the top floor. I've been here for a really long time by now, but I doubt anyone is looking for me. I'm just a lazy brat and a whom no one cares about.

I came here after Kang Min left me. I've cried until I fell asleep, and I woke up by now. Now everything slowly started to come back, and I wished I could sleep a bit more.

I need three more days to get this damn job. Is it this hard? It shouldn't be.

Suddenly the light started to swivel in the room. I saw a silhouette but tears were in my eyes, so I couldn't see properly who it was.

"What happened?" the guy asked. I've heard the voice before, and it took me a while to realize it.

"H…Himchan oppa?" I asked. My vision started to sharpen, and I could see that I was right. How did he find me?

"Minseo-yah, what happened?" he asked again.

"They… called me things. So I came here. I think I fell asleep…"

Himchan looked worried.

Someone else entered the room.

"Hyung! Why didn't you call me when you find her?"

"Yah! I found her just now. You know I would've called you."

"Sorry. I was just worried. Could you call Shin Ra noona? I'll take care of her."

"Sure."

This was the time when I saw Jongup. I realized that I didn't tell him that I won't be going to the dance practice, and I felt really ashamed. He was probably waiting for me.

"I was really worried about you." he whispered and I couldn't say anything.

~~

It was clear to see that Minseo cried. What the hell happened?

"I was really worried about you." Jongup said, but he regretted it immediately.

Silence fell. There were still tears strolling down Minseo's face but she didn't seem to notice it.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Jongup asked timidly, afraid that reminding Minseo of what happened would make her cry even more. However, she just shook her head slightly.

They remained like this for ten minutes or so.

"I'm good now." Minseo said suddenly. "Thank you for being here. I'm sorry I didn't go dancing today. Tomorrow I'll go for sure."

How can she smile in a situation like this? She's sure stronger than others would think. 


I'm sorry that I've been missing so long, it's just that school started, and it's crazy, and I didn't have time to write. I'm sooo sorry, but I would really like you to know that

I'm still alive
I'm still alive
I'm still alive
I'm livin that
I'm livin that good life

However, as I've posted it in the feed, I'll try to write as often as I can. But I don't promise anything. My last promise was that I'll update fast, but look, a month passed since that.

I'm really sorry about this *hides in the corner*

But I would like to thank the ones who are sticking with me, and please leave your thoughts in the comments section!

Just for inspration, here are my thoughts: the end came out to be angstier than I imagined it. This is it.