Prolouge

Straight Out of A Fairytale

Two boys sat in a dimly lit kitchen. The room was quiet as the two boys sat across from each other, the table between them seemed to stretch as far as the silence did. Each waited for the other to start speaking. Small squeaking noises broke the tense silence. As the sounds grew closer the faint clicking of nails on the hardwood floors could be heard. Just as boys turned towards the doorway, where the sounds were coming from, a little red lizard darted it's way into the room and up the younger boy's body until it reached his shoulders, where it perched. It let out small, pleased squeaks as it nuzzled his face.

A cough interrupted the cute moment, and all attention was directed to the older boy.

"So you're telling me," the older boy finally spoke, "that you read one of the books that were in your grandmother's attic"

A nod answers him, so he continues

"The books she specifically told you not to read"

Another nod is his answer

"And this, this-" "Dragon" the younger supplies helpfully.

"Dragon," the older boy continues after a pause "Came out of a book, one that you weren't suppose to touch let alone read, and imprinted on you!?"

The younger boy winced at how loud his hyung's voice got. The little dragon, still on the boys shoulder, made more noises resembling clicks. It was as if he was trying to comfort the younger boy.

"..yes" the younger boy answered tenderly, as if waiting for the metaphorical ball to drop.

Drop it did.

"Are you kidding me Taehyung!?" yelled the older boy as he jumped out of his seat "I knew i shouldn't have let you go alone! I knew you where going do something stupid like this!"

The older boy started pacing as he mumbled to himself, he seemed more worried than angered.

The pacing abruptly stopped as the older boy turned to look at the  younger, Taehyung.

"Can we put him back in the book?"

The sudden question startled Taehyung into quietness, but it seemed to anger the little dragon as his turned to hiss at the older boy.

The older boy seemed unfazed at the little dragon's attempt at a threat, as he waited for Taehyung's answer.

"W-well, you see Seokjin-hyung, this little guy didn't exactly come out of the book. It's more like he hatched from a gem that came ou-"  "I DON'T CARE WHERE HE CAME FROM!" yelled Seokjin "Why can't you just listen for once Tae!?"

Seokjin let out a heavy sigh.

"Can we put him back Tae?" he asked desperately.

There was a long bout of silence before Taehyung answered. "No, the book was burnt"

Seokjin collapsed heavily onto his previous seat and laid his head down. "..what am i going to do..." he mumbled into the table.

"I guess this would not be the best time to tell you that, uh, there is this, uh, larger dragon that also came through the book, and he's kinda looking for the gem that this little guy came out of." Taehyung said as he held the dragon up to Seokjin's face with a nervous smile.

An awkward silence filled the room for the nth time that evening. It got so quiet you could have heard a pin drop.

"TAEHYUNG!"

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope you guys like this short little intro. The actual chapters will be longer and i promise everything will be explained.

'Til then, see ya -AnimeTiger12