The Prom Night

The Prom Night

Amber's POV

Hi, everyone! It’s Amber Joseph Liu here! The most coward guy when it comes to love ever. I can’t say anything except that, there’s this girl that I really love for a very long time. It's been a while now since we’ve became friends. I had a crush on her at first, but ever since I become close to her, my heart also become so close that it really want to knock her too to know if she even feel the same.

But the thing is I'm too scared to confess to her, more like scared to get rejected by her. My friends always cheer me up and give me confidence that's why next week, in our JS Prom Night, I will confess to her. I will take all of my courage and do it!

"So guys, you will help and support me right?" I said to my friends. "Yes, of course!" Henry, one of my best friends, exclaimed. "Yup, we're here for you even if you get rejected, right guys?!" Eric said to all of us. All of them nodded in response. "But how about you, are you ready? You know that we are not sure if ever she will accept you, right?" Ailee suddenly asked.

"Yes, I'm ready to whatever her answers' going to be." I said confidence, and showed them my dorky smile to assure them. "So guys, shall we start?!" Zack, the oldest among all of us, asked enthusiastically while grinning. "YEAH!!!" We all said in unison as we fist pumped in the air.

I really love my best friends. They're always there for me on my ups and downs. They always support me and even guide me on every decision I make. We do it for each other, but the thing is I am the youngest one. That's why, on all of us, I am the one they guide more than others, like I'm their little brother. ‘Well, we’re really like true brothers and one sister anyway. We’re inseparable and over protective with each other.’ I smiled at the thought.

Me, and my friends have prepared everything, we talked to the prom organizer, we also told the friends of Krystal, the one I have fallen into, about what we are doing and thankfully, they're fine with it and they will also help us. Everyone sure is supportive in this. Now I really hope that she’ll accept me. ‘Thank you, guys! Now I’m really determined to make her mine!’

Days had passed and it's the day of the prom. Everyone was busy in arranging and preparing their selves for the night.

"Okay, first let's check if everything is ready. From appearance: Hair? Check! , Suit? Check! , Perfect Smile? Check! & Puppy Face? Perfect!" I talked to my self while double-checking everything. "The things I need: Flowers? Check! , Chocolate? Check! , Necklace? Check! & Car Keys? Check! Now you're ready Ajol, do your best, buddy!" I continued, comforting myself to make sure I won’t cower anymore.

I rushed inside my car and drive my way to school. I was lucky to still find some space for my baby. ‘That’s my car I’m talking about, and I don’t care what you say to me, because it’s MY baby, get it?!’ I looked one more time in my side mirror before finally step out. I walked to the backstage and as I open the door, my friends suddenly jumped at me and start firing me questions.

"My gosh man, are you ready?!" Ailee asked worriedly. "Everything is prepared, even you, right?!" Eric followed up. They both looked at me from head to toe. "Did you bring everything? Have you checked your things, yourself, and ... your face?" Henry said to me, the last one made me pout and strangle him, but of course the playful one, though I actually want to strangle him for real.

It's 7:00pm now and the prom is about to start. My time before I confess is becoming shorter. I’m really nervous that I sometimes looked at the mirror and talk to myself. It helps me on calming myself, but yeah it looks funny and crazy too.

"Ok! Good evening ladies and gentlemen, looks like almost all of the students of this school are here!" The Student Council President said while the entire students in the hall and the backstage are looking at him. "I see that all of you are wearing a nice and elegant dresses and suits tonight, but let's see if who will be the one to win the Prom's Best Man and Prom's Best Woman tonight!" He enthusiastically exclaimed to everyone. And the talking continued on with Zack announcing the opening of the prom. ‘Yeah, he’s school’s SC President.’

I started the search for my princess over the whole party hall .Half an hour had passed but I'm still looking for her. I can’t seem to find her since there's so many people, so I decided to just sat on one corner while waiting for her.

After a while, I heard loud commotions near me which made curious. I get near the crowd and when I can clearly see what they have been talking about, I got frozen from where I stand. A tall girl walked gracefully over the crowd with her simple yet cute white dress that has a big ribbon on the back. Her hair is hanging down and she only put light make up which is really unnecessary if you ask me!

"She’s so beautiful." I mumble to myself and before I know it, she's already in my front. "Hey there, Handsome, still alive?" She said to me while waving her hand in front of my face which made me come back to my senses. “Yeah, h-hi Krystal!" I said while nodding my head absentmindedly. Man, this is embarrassing!

"Do I look good?" She questioned me which made me completely snapped me out from my daydream. "Yes! You're so beautiful and you look like a goddess, Soojung!" I said a little loud. It made her blush which made me embarrassed because many people looked at us. “Dork.” She muttered. We’re both blushing. ‘I guess it’s because I’m embarrassing the both of us.’

"So-sorry I didn't mean to shout." I bowed down. "No it's just that, it made me happy that you appreciate my hard work looking for a good dress to wear." She said while blushing. “You know you don’t have to, because you’re already effortlessly beautiful with any dress.” I honestly said, only to make her blush more. Out of nowhere, a bouquet of flowers and a box of chocolates fall onto my hands. I looked at the person who threw it. It was Zack and Henry. I smiled at them as they showed me their thumbs-ups.

“Soojung, I got flowers and chocolates for you. I hope you like.” I shyly handed over the bouquet and box which she happily accepted.

Being her friends for too long, I already know what she really loves. The flowers I gave her are roses with variety type of colors. ‘I really work hard in taking care of them in my garden!’ I bought mango flavored light cologne to add some intimidating fragrance over those roses. And in the chocolate, it’s not really special except it’s made by me. Knowing that she really loves mangoes, I mixed some pure mangoes juice over the chocolate, and luckily, its tastes blend nicely together.

We talked over until it’s finally time for eating. While we were taking our foods and drinks, the announcer called out and said that the prom dance is going to start in twenty minutes. I kept on telling myself to ask Krystal to dance with me while eating my jokbal. Once I’m done eating, I breathe in and out before looking at Krystal.

I hesitate at first but I gather up all my courage and stood up. I said while offering my hand to her, "Uhh, so S-Soojung, d-do you want to, you know, d-dance with m-me?" Oh god, I stuttered too much, it's so freak’n embarrassing.

I thought she doesn't want to, because she kept quiet for a while. I was about to take my hand back when she held it firmly. “Of course. Why not?” She teasingly said as I gently help her stand up. We go to the center of the hall and start dancing to the beat. While dancing, she kept her head low. Curious, I stopped moving and told her to go with me outside.

Feeling the cool breeze of the night, I wear off my suit and put it around her. “Thank you.” She smiled. We were looking at the sky. Since no one could possibly disturb us here, I took the chance to finally confess to her.

I looked to her and started, "Soojung, there's something I want to tell you, mind if you listen to me for a minute?" She stared at me and nod.

"You see, I've been thinking for it for a while now." Because of my nervousness, I didn’t able to directly tell her. "What do you mean?" She asked, not taking away her gaze to mine.

"What I mean is, I like you. No, it’s more than like. But, I was scared that you might reject me, and what's worse is … you might distance yourself to me and don’t want that, that’s why I don’t have any courage to confess to you." I then hold her hand. "I don't wish for you to accept me, instead, I wish that you will not leave me after I say these words." I kneeled down, still holding her hand.

"I, Amber Joseph Liu, love you, Krystal Jung Soojung! I know it's so silly for me to ask you this but, can you be my girlfriend?" I showed her a pendant with a ring hanging in it. She covered and looked at me with teary eyes.

"Amber I … I love you too. And I always wish that someday, you'll feel the same and that you’ll confess to me." She said as she slightly crying while accepting the pendant.

Me?  I was jumping like a little kid because the person I love with all my heart loves me too. I stopped when I feel tired because of jumping too much. I then looked at her and held her face up. "Thank you, Soojung. I love you so much!" I said while wiping away her tears with my thumb. I was about to ask her if she’s my girlfriend now but suddenly, she sealed my lips with hers. It’s my first kiss, and it was so sweet and so gently. But do you know what's the best of it? It comes from the girl that I love so much, my one and only princess.