Home Alone

Home Alone

"Ah! Shh-Crap!Crap..."

Why did the kitchen sink get so hot? Any of the other faucets in the dorm only got to a cozy temperature, why did this one go from freezing to broiling in a matter of seconds?

"Sorry, Key-umma.. " Taemin muttered simply out of habit. The older man could sense him cursing a mile away, it was crazy.
It was funny how quickly you could forget how hard chores were when someone else was doing them. Taemin hadn't had to wash dishes in--had it literally been years? Geez.. -- forever. It was nice having someone else to do it. They didn't even have to pay!

So when he woke up late that morning, the list of chores on the counter top was an unwelcome surprise.

It was his day off. He hadn't had a free day in the longest time and he originally planned to sleep most of it away--maybe watch some TV and call Jongin, see what he was up to. Taemin wasn't planning on vacuuming. Or cleaning up the bathroom, washing the dishes. God forbid the idea of him willingly doing the laundry.

All of this for a dorm that held five people--well six if you included their manager but he was in-out most of the time. That was too much for one Taemin.
Far, far too much.
So he put it off.
Which was probably a bad idea,but sitting on the couch was far more appealing then pushing some vaccum around the dorm. Besides, he had all day, and no one here to nag him about it. He'd do it after this show went off.

Which was the idea until he dozed off. Something about knowing that he had things he needed to do just made him even more tired before he noticed.
It was late when he awoke, jumping at a loud noise from some show that came on while he was out. Checking the time, he mentally cursed and hurriedly got up.

He only vaccumed the obvious spots on the carpet and there were only a few pairs of jeans in the wash. He would've put more in but he wasn't sure what shirts could be put with them so more half the dirty clothes were in a pile infront of the washer.

The bathroom was a lost cause, Kibum was literally a saint or an angel or had some sort of secret cleaning powers to be able to fix it like he did.
But Taemin was only Taemin. He straightened the bottles somewhat.

Now he was busy scalding his hands as he tried to do--as his brain called it--pressure wash the dishes. Kibum would be home soon and he would be highly upset to see they were even still out in the open. This would have to do.

He sprayed the dishes with the faucet on the highest, hottest setting, knocking off the noticeable food residue before moving to the next item.
Once everything had been sprayed down, he dried them quickly and practically threw them back into the cabinets. There was a nagging part in the back of his mind that Kibum would open the door any second and know. Know that he didn't do as he was told. He almost dropped a cup thinking about it.

He finished in record time, drying his hands and starting to go inside to enjoy the last few seconds of his free time as the door opened.

Kibum muttered a 'I'm home' as he kicked his shoes off, shutting the door after himself.

"Welcome back, Umma." Taemin turned and headed straight back to the kitchen, which was suddenly under Kibum's tired scrutiny.

"Mmhmm... Did you vaccum for me, Minnie? "
Taemin nodded, moving over cautiously for a welcome back hug.

"Ah, good. You're an angel. Thank you." Kibum sighed, hugging him back and patting the top of the other's head before pulling away to go inside.
"I'll start dinner once the others get here. Go ahead and take your shower."

"Yes umma. "

Mission success. Taemin turned tail and headed to his room.