Part Two

California Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Location: In-And-Out Burger

 

Chaeyeon's P.O.V

 

The members who went to go order the food were Somi, Chungha, Kyulkyung and Sohye. The four quickly ran off to grab a spot in line, and it was terrifyingly crowded, but predictable since it’s a well-known burger joint.  We’ve heard great things like it’s incredibly delicious for such a cheap price, ‘quality over quantity,’ says Chungha.  

 

Nayoung, Doyeon, Yoojung and I were in charge of locating seats for us all to sit down together.

All of the seats and tables inside the restaurant were taken so we decided to sit out on the patio to enjoy the nice beautiful weather and thankfully there was huge umbrellas to cover ourselves for a breezy shade. 

The girls and I joked around while waiting patiently for the burgers.

Yoojung mentioned that she wanted to be our dedicated paparazzi for the entire trip, taking all of our photos for us which was sweet of her to volunteer.  She snapped a photo of Nayoung and showed it to her, to which the leader seems pleased with the outcome.

“Good job, kiddo.” Nayoung says with a thumbs up and Yoojung smiles.

 

With my far-sightedness I see Kyulkyung through the glass windows inside the restaurant, holding a tray full of food, struggling by herself to push the door to get outside.  I get up immediately and dash towards her to help open the entrance.  “Need help?” I laughed, pulling the door for her.

“Oh.”

“Thank you Chaeyeon-unnie.” She says brightly.

 

I blush a little when I catch the way she’s looking at me admirably and clear my throat.

“N-No problem, here let me help you with that!” I said, grabbing the two large sodas off the tray, so it’s lighter for her to carry the tray load of burgers and fries.

“Where is Chungha and the other kids by the way?” I wondered, tilting my head.

 

“Ah, they went back in line because they forgot to order animal fries and milk-shakes.” She replied, rolling her eyes.

 

“I see…” While she’s caught off guard, I sneakily grabbed one of the regular fries off from Kyulkyung’s tray and ate it and gasped as I chew it, covering my mouth because it tasted so good.

“What is it Chaeyeon?” She asks me with a strange look.

 

“Kyulkyungie…”

“These are very, very,very yummy!” I said while .

“D-Daebak.”

“I wonder what the animal fries taste like then?” I asked.

 

She shrugged her shoulders, and we’re back at the seating area.

“Guess we’ll discover in just a bit!” Kyulkyung answered back, plopping the tray down on the table.

“Food’s here!” She says excitedly, delivering what the girls have been anticipating for the longest time.

It’s like Santa delivering presents on Christmas day with all the kids excited to open the presents, but in this case… to eat.

 

“It smells really good!” Nayoung says opening wide, drooling over the food.

 

“Trust me, they are.” Chungha responded confidently.

She ate them before many times and has bragged all about it before the trip.

 

“Okay.”

“Bone apple tea.” Yoojung says, proceeding to grab one of the burgers, but Doyeon slaps her hand away, causing Yoojung’s face to cringe. “Aish… What the hell was that for Kim Doyeon?”

 

“Yah!”

“Don’t touch just yet!”

“Not until the others get back so we can eat together like a family, okay?” Doyeon thundered.

 

“Eh…”

“G-Guess you’re right for once…” Yoojung whispers, putting down the burger and her head down. She was ashamed of herself for being selfish.

 

“Also, it’s bon appetite you dumb dumb!” Doyeon yells once more.

“I know this because I’ve been to France twice.”

“So ha!” She flips her hair like a model in Yoojung’s face.

 

Yoojung rolls her eyes and yawns. “Whatever.”

 

While we waited a bit more and watched the two Fantagio kids bicker, I decided to take a photo of the food so I could post it on my Instagram.

After that I was a bit hesitant to ask Kyulkyung if she wanted to take a selfie with me.

I finally had the courage since I read many fans comments begging for me to upload a new photo with her. Also I realized I really wanted to as well and managed to speak up.

“Hey Kyulkyungie…” I whispered.

 

“Yes unnie?” She responds.

 

“Want to take a selfie together?” I asked her nervously.

 

She smiled kindly at me, since I think she could tell that I was being shy about it.

“Sure.”

 

Thank goodness, she didn’t reject me.

“G-Great… um let’s move closer then.” I scoot a little closer and our heads immediately touch. I tilt the phone sideways so I could get a better shot of us both in the frame.

My hands were trembling when I pressed the capture button probably ten or fifteen times and Kyulkyung laughs.

“Hmmm, I think we got the shot Chaeyeon!” She winked.

 

I nod my head and browsed through the photos in my gallery.  

There was one in particular that I stared at a little too long and hard, where Kyulkyung and I were extremely close, it was a photo of her winking and me smiling ever so joyfully.  Her pink hair makes her appear so adorable, like some kind of fairy from a magical world.

 

I put my phone away when I spot the other three members: Somi, Chungha and Sohye who are finally getting back to the table with their animal fries and shakes.

“Sorry to keep you waiting!” Somi says, sadly.

 

“No worries, let’s eat now.” Nayoung replied, rubbing the maknae’s head.

 

We were ready to dig in, but because we’re all huge dorks, we each grabbed a burger and decided to take a bite at the same exact time. It was Chungha’s initial idea.

“Okay… 3… 2… 1.”

“Dig in!” Chungha yells and we take a mouthful at the end of the countdown.

All you could hear was nothing… complete and absolute silence.

I look up and scan around the table and everyone seems to be in some type of bliss.

We can hear Sohye across the table because it tastes so scrumptious.

Then I glimpsed to my right and smiled when I saw Kyulkyung looking so pleased, as if she’s in heaven. “Yum… it’s absolutely delicious.” She murmurs.

 

“This just totally satisfied all my cravings…” Yoojng says, tearing up.

Doyeon nods in agreement with her best friend and laughs at her because she’s crying then hands her a napkin.

 

“Yo… In-And-Out burger…”

“IS THE FREAKING BEST!!!” Somi screeches as she raises her chocolate shake high up in the air, and we all followed by raising our drinks too, as if it was a special toast. And I guess it was… It intended that our LA trip was going to continue to be great.

 

“To LA and becoming close friends forever!” Chungha hollers.

The eight of us all cheer loudly and forgot that we were in public because other people were staring at us strangely.

“Amen to that.” Nayoung expresses with her stoned face.

 

-

 

We reach our lovely hotel after our first meal in America, and the place was pretty nice and extravagant.

It was named the Hilton Hotel and it’s owned by Paris Hilton’s family I believe? I overheard Somi say that to the other girls.

Anyways, when we arrived at the lobby, the manager was talking to the front desk to receive our keys to the rooms and we chilled at their fancy lounge.

 

“I kind of want to drink alcohol…” Nayoung says, looking over at the bar in temptation.

 

“Same unnie, but we’re both underage here though.” I told her, interrupting her loud thoughts.

 

“What I am?” She responded, with a horrified look on her face.

 

I couldn’t help but laugh. Nayoung unnie is so adorable, sometimes its hard to believe she’s the oldest in the group.

 

“Well yeah, technically you’re only 20 years old here.”

“You must be 21 years of age to be legal to be able to drink in America.” Chungha stated.

Nayoung started to pout and sob into Chungha’s shoulders like a big baby.

“Sorry hun…” Chungha patted Nayoung on her head.

 

“Eh…”

“What happened to Nayoung unnie!?” Kyulkyung shouted with a surprise look on her face.

 

“Shhh…”

“She’s kind of a bit stressed that she can’t drink here.” I whispered, smiling at Kyulkyung to reassure everything is fine and she nodded.

 

The manager finally came to us and randomly took out a cup with a bunch of folded paper sticks in them.  She told us to each pick one and read the number out loud.

Chungha eagerly goes to pick first even though she doesn’t know what this is all for.

She reads, “Number one.”

 

“Okay who else got number one?” The manager shouts.

 

“Meee!” Yoojung yells, raising her arms up high, and runs to hug Chungha fiercely.

Doyeon glares at them on the side, crossing her arms.

 

“Alright then you girls will be in one room.” The manager explained.

“Basically whoever chooses the same number will be roommates.”

 

The odds aren’t good for me… 

Can’t I just go ahead and pick Kyulkyung?

She proceeds, and shoves the cup towards my direction, and I chose randomly while closing my eyes shut.

I opened the piece of paper and read “Three.”

“Errr… anybody else got three?” I asked tensely, examining everyone’s faces.

No one seems to be answering, except when I saw Kyulkyung, she was covering with one hand, her face seemed to be in shock.

I have a feeling she might have the same number?

“Kyulkyung-ah, do you possibly have the number three?” I asked, praying she’ll say yes.

 

“Uh… y-yup.” She said, avoiding eye-contact with me.

 

“Okay, cool.” I said, hiding my huge smile.

 

And from that point, the other members that were paired were Nayoung and Doyeon, Somi and Sohye.

 

This has to be fate… I really wanted to do was shout, ‘YES! I’M ON TOP OF THE WORLD!!!’ But that would be really cringe-worthy and utterly embarrassing right?

I maintained my composure as per usual instead.

Though sometimes I wonder if we ever both have the same thoughts?

She seemed kind of excited to be with me too...

I mean after the boring flight and all, I’m so glad that I got this chance to be roommates with her.

Hopefully lady luck is on my side from now on!

 

We hop on the gold elevator and the manager presses the button of the very top floor, which surprises all of us.

“V.I.P floor?” Somi read.

 

Kyulkyung and I walk beside each other in the same pace towards our room: 1278.

Our jaws dropped quickly as we opened our door.

Right away, you can see the room was incredibly beautiful and glamorous.

I continue to examine the wide room that Kyulkyung and I were assigned in and thought to myself, ‘Well at least CJ & EM/MNET were not that cheap.’

There were two Queen-sized beds topped with solid white blankets and pillows, that looked so fluffy and cottony. 

I saw it coming and laughed when Kyulkyung jumped first onto the bed with a belly flop.  She smashes her face into the pillow and yells in happiness, “Oh my god Chaeyeon, it’s super comfortable!”

“Common, give it a go.” She says.

I copied her, jumping excitedly on the bed as well.

“It really is.”

“You know, I could get use to this lifestyle.” I say, facing her and hugging the pillow comfortably.

 

Kyulkyung nods and turns on the T.V. to check if there are any entertaining channels. She stops on a show called ‘Game of Thrones.’ She says it’s really interesting.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter