Final

All For Nothing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They've been best friends for 3 years and Tiffany has never been to Taeyeon's house.

Sure, Taeyeon was secretive, and private, and shy, and introverted, everything Tiffany was not. But they've hung out at Tiffany's house before and Taeyeon's met Tiffany's parents, and after a few months of dating, Tiffany thought Taeyeon might have at least invited her over once.

In fact, Tiffany has only ever met Taeyeon's parents once or twice and they were perfectly nice people, very supportive of their relationship. Tiffany couldn't imagine why Taeyeon didn't want her meeting her older brother or even just going into her garden. There was always some excuse.

The house was under renovation, or the backyard was being remodeled or whatever.

Tiffany was determined to find out, eventually.

Taeyeon sighed, holding the letter in her hand. How was she supposed to tell her girlfriend that she'd be going to a boarding school next year? Much less a wizarding boarding school? 

She smiled at the congratulations her parents offered her and glared at her brother for the hair ruffle and grinned at her sister for the hug, but inside, all she was thinking about was Tiffany.

Pretty, eyesmiling, and painfully muggle Tiffany.

Taeyeon checked the date. July 31, and school would start in a couple of weeks.

She couldn't hide going to a boarding school.

But she could hide the magical part, right?

Yeah, right. It was hard enough hiding her brother flying around the house on his broomstick during holidays or the garden gnomes running around and the shears t the trees with no human attached.

Taeyeon sighed. She would figure it out, a day at a time.

 Tiffany stared at the letter in her hands. This couldn't be real.

She was a witch?

It explained all the weird happenings when she was a kid. The books flying up to hit a bully, the things she lost suddenly materialising on her desk five minutes later.

Her father smiled at her, though she knew he was sad to see her go. She had to stay in a boarding school.

Oh god, a boarding school. What was she to say to Taeyeon?

That she was going to a boarding school? For witches?

It was hard enough for her to imagine. What would Taeyeon think?

Taeyeon dropped by the next day at Tiffany's front door.

Tiffany opened the door.

"Taetae? What are you doing here?"

Taeyeon cutely held out the cake.

"Happy Birthday, Ppany-ah!" 

Tiffany rewarded her girlfriend with an eyesmile and a kiss. "Thanks, baby! Come inside."

Taeyeon put down the cake inside as Tiffany sat down. She gave her girlfriend a hug, sitting on her lap, and pecked her lips.

"Awww, Taetae! Why are you being so cute today?" 

Taeyeon shrugged, snuggling into her girlfriend, cuddling on the chair.

Tiffany took the time to admire the cake. It was beautifully caked, and with pink frosting it said, "Happy birthday, Pink Princess Ppany!" She giggled at the spelling of her name, an English name her Korean born girlfriend just couldn't seem to pronounce.

The cake was perfect, except one part.

"Taeeee!" Tiffany whined.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter