For Reasons Unknown

Panacea
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“...I can’t do this anymore Kyungsoo…. I’m in love with another… I’ve committed a crime against you, and for that I am truly sorry. I don’t expect you to understand, I expect you to hate me even … but I need to be with him. No matter how much it pains me to leave you…. It hurts me even more to be without him.”

 

 

Kyungsoo walked down streets and neighborhoods barefoot with his shoes in his hand and tears streaking down his face. He had thought that him and Junmyeon would get married and be together for life.  The fact of the latter even finding someone else whom he loved more than Kyungsoo sounded impossible. It hurt Kyungsoo. He thought he wasn’t good enough for anyone. Nobody would love him because he just wasn’t enough.

 

Before he knew it he had found his way to the bar where his friends worked. He slipped on his shoes and walked in, immediately greeted by Luhan, one of his friends who worked the car valet, and Sehun, the bar manager. Kyungsoo walked passed the tables and up to a stool at the bar. The short male greeted his friends, the bartenders, Baekhyun and Jongin. Both were attending to a customer, but gave a smile to the seemingly sad male. After finishing up with said customers, the bartenders made there way over to Kyungsoo. Baekhyun began talking about random customer stories while Jongin began cleaning whiskey and wine glasses.

 

Jongin watched as Kyungsoo talked to Baekhyun. He noticed his smile faltering. How it had lost its spark, and how it had seemed oddly duller. He frowned while still wiping dry the glasses.  After the glasses were done with, Jongin set them back on the clean rack and attended to the newest customer while Baekhyun continued his conversation. The tall male was half listening to the pretty lady’s order of  a gin and tonic and half listening to what Kyungsoo had been telling Baekhyun.

 

“... I was surprised… then really angry… then next thing I know I was walking out crying. Now I’m here.”

 

“Well… that’s tragic. How could someone even do that. He didn’t deserve you anyways.”

 

“Baekhyun, Jongin! Serve your next customers then close up for the night!” their boss, and Baekhyun’s boyfriend, Chanyeol said before sitting down next to Kyungsoo and engaging himself in the conversation. “What’s got you down champ?”

 

Kyungsoo gave his friend Chanyeol a weak smile and explained exactly what had happened, “Junmyeon broke up with me tonight, for another lover, and now I’m a single man”. He ended his story with a sigh and everyone knew he was  hurting. This time, Jongin heard the whole explanation and was now filled in completely. The latter and Baekhyun had finished serving their last drinks and cleaning their last glasses. Now all of the friends were sympathetic, all around Kyungsoo telling him that they all have shoulders for him to lean on. Jongin is saying the same on the outside, but the inside is feeling giddy for reasons only known to him.

 

After everyone had enough of the sadness floating around the recently closed bar, Chanyeol decided to call it a night and make everyone leave his business. Sehun and Luhan were the first to leave, together of course, and Jongin, Kyungsoo, Chanyeol, and Baekhyun all walked out together after locking up.

 

“Can I come home with you?” Kyungsoo asked Baekhyun.

 

“I’m going home with Yeol.” Baekhyun answered with a sorry expression.

 

“Well, I don’t have a car.” Kyungsoo pouted looking past everyone at the cars on the road.

 

“I could drive you home.” Jongin said whilst scratching the back of his neck in a nervous matter.

 

“Okay. Thank you Jonginnie. Bye Chanbaek!” Kyungsoo called to the two lovebirds. Jongin’s cheeks tinged pink at the sweet nickname. Chanyeol grumbled at Kyungsoo’s shipname while Baekhyun blushed, both turning around and walking towards the former’s silver Ford Fusion. Jongin led Kyungsoo over to his blue Chevrolet Cruze and opened the door for him. The former hopped into the passenger seat with a ‘thank you’ and latched himself in with a seatbelt.

 

Jongin got into the driver’s seat while putting his coat in the backseat. He inserted his key into the ignition and the engine blasted on. In sync the radio as well, blasting loud music by none other than Girls Generation themselves. Kyungsoo swatted Jongin’s hand away when he went

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter