Aphrodite Jieqiong II

A Hundred to One

Notes: [1] I think ive watched too much trashy action-comedy movies to take this fic seriously. I had to split it into two parts because of the point of view change
 



one. aphrodite jieqiong (2/3). lust.
 



The curtain rises as they leave the safety confine of the room; the air is thicker, the rosy scent constricts around her windpipe, and she could almost see the pink as if her lenses are tinted baby rose. The heat getting a notch warmer by each passing minute only worsens the circumstances, evident by the way her shirt clings to her skin, dampened by the unholy matrimony of sweats and cold sweats.

Cold sweats. Since, by the looks of it, the aphrodisiac-injected air has affected everybody else in the building. Some doors left open, some girls scrambling out of the room, some corner occupied as a makeshift make-out booth complete with the squelching kissy noises. Nayoung forces her brains to translate them to squelchy fart spurts.

Haebin leads the way, leaving a trail of disgusted snarls. “Lust is in the air.”

Behind her is Heehyun, who’s trying to shove a very much bothered and moist looking Xuan Yi out of her way. “Damn, everyone smells like a ho.”

The last to close their three-men-line is Nayoung’s own disgruntled self. “C’mon, we gotta speed things up, don’t want the entire island to turn into a mega brothel festival.”

With the rate the semi-visible cloud of aphrodisiac enveloping the building snug, Nayoung predicts it won’t even take a night for the entire island to be under its shroud. And the thought sends chills down her back, as someone practically brain-washed by their own lust wouldn’t have the time to think about birth control pills.

The problem would be getting through the hallways and locating the suspect, Zhou Jieqiong. The hallway they’re speed-walking through gets rowdier by second as more and more students file out, delirious under a mad Aphrodite’s beck and call. Right now, they’re in the fourth floor, which is entirely reserved for Class 2-1 students, which means Jieqiong, who’s in Class 2-2, should be somewhere in the floor above.

“Careful, don’t knock any of them out too hard,” she reminds her comrades, “don’t want them to wake up bruised when they’re finally snapped out of it. Plus, that’s gonna net us an arrest.”

Both Haebin and Heehyun reply her with a roger that, not in sync, and sounding like total lies to her judging ears. But she digresses.

Haebin punches the upwards arrow of the lift and it dings into a welcoming open not long after. Unfortunately, the lift is very much booked.

The three occupants consist of Juna, who’s making out with a first-year, said first-year, and Suhyun, who has her back glued to the corner far from the other two.

Before Haebin could let the metal doors budge shut, Suhyun wrenches herself out of the box and gasps for a fresher air. “Jeezuz, I was just happily merrily skipping to the convenience store for some mini packs of gummy bears then I came back to SinCity: 2016!”

“Not that everyone else’s faring any better…” Haebin pokes a thumb to the scene behind her, and Nayoung takes a glance; students feeling each other up, or, zombie-walking to another room, or zombie-walking to the stairs. “How are you holding up, Suhyun?”

“What? What?”

Heehyun takes up the responsibility of doing the exposition. “Everyone’s ‘cause our Aphrodite’s weeping, or something. The entire island’s gonna each other like rabbits in a few hours if we, the few that’s sort of unaffected and have an idea what’s happening, don’t give it a full-stop.”

Suhyun breathes out a sigh that doesn’t sound like a relief. “Oh crap… no wonder I’ve been thinking about dirty stuff involving Haein. Not that I don’t think about that before going to bed nearly every night, but point is—”

The last bit seems to light the bulb in Heehyun’s head. “Thought it was just me. I’ve been feeling it too, like I’m something’s pulling me to somewhere. Chaeyeon, I mean, and even now I’m still trying to keep my head clear. No sketchy thoughts. That’s why I can’t fully transform to my more monstrous form as it’s gonna eat up my rationale, I might wake up with a stripped gal.”

The newfound information supplies her with ideas. “I guess that’s why instead of everyone making out with everyone, some of them are going out their way to the people they love, or, uh, lust.”

Haebin gives her a nod. “So that is the nature of Aphrodite’s power! It tampers with your fire, in this case, the manifest of Aphrodite plays with others’ fire, pours gasoline all over the ‘love’ aspect of your fire, and reimagines the person you love into your mind. Anyone affected will naturally gravitate to their special someone in mind.” Stopping for a pensive pause, Haebin turns her head to locate the stairway. “Pray that Jeju people don’t find each other attractive!”

“Or spouse material,” Nayoung sighs, mentally exhausted even though the night’s far from the wrap-up, “let’s discuss on what to do next, ‘cause first, we have no idea how to stop this, second, we have no idea how to legally stop this since offing her head is kinda against the law of this nation.”

The elevator dings for the second time, robbing Nayoung of her audience’s attentions. As they’re wrapped up in suspense, the metal doors teasingly separating in figurative slow-motion. When the view is clear, they’re rewarded with the sight of Ace Athlete Kang Siwon and her date for the night, whose identity is obscured by Siwon’s broad bare back.

 “Her skirt also needs to go if you ask me.”

“Keep your lesbian fantasy to yourself, Suhyun. A-alright, let’s move it girls, haul your we’re going Chaos hunting!”
 



The stairs are sterile of impromptu hook-ups, and for once, they’re freed from Haebin’s whispered words of displeasure. What bugs them next is the humidity and the uncomfortable height of each stair, which prompts a few bumps and falls from an unfocused Suhyun. The banana-peel-comedy of it takes her mind off of things, mainly, how to avoid involving Sejeong into the whole mess. Worse, it’s definitely not her trying to play the white knight on top of a whiter steed – and if anything, she needs Sejeong’s versatility when it comes to combat and tactical combat – but the concept of a Chaos-possessed hero in training might be too triggering.

History is starting to repeat itself, but not everyone is fond of rehash.

Or remake, since the incident years ago doesn’t have a love hotel and dozens of students smooching each other as the backdrop.

“I dunno what’s been keeping you busy, dude, but you’re stepping on an air-stair.”

Nayoung snaps out of her daze and looks down to her right leg, awkwardly bent to hike another stair even though there’s no more. “Thanks for the reminder, Heehyun. I would appreciate it more if you said it sooner to save me from Suhyun’s juvenile giggles, though.”

“At least I did it. God, I hate you, but we’re jaywalking towards the same goal, so I gotta tolerate you.”

The fourth floor isn’t in any better condition with hook-ups scattered around the corners, a few potted plants horizontal against the carpeted floor from the wild elbows and s. The humidity is, noticeably, upped a notch, and Haebin points out how the air feels thicker. The other three curb their thoughts back to themselves when they notice Heehyun sniffing around.

“Lady Temptress is definitely on this floor, though my mind is too muddled with things to locate her.”

She nods to Heehyun. “Yeah, that’s what my hunch told me too. My hunch is strong on this one. And it’s telling us to take left. C’mon girls, time isn’t going to take a coffee break for us.”

Instead of Suhyun, Haebin and Heehyun following her behind like ducklings, her steps are prematurely cut short by a hard pull on the back of her shirt. She whips her head around to contest Heehyun’s hardened stare.

“Gosh, didn’t you up your physique with your power? Let my shirt go you’re gonna tear the seams!”

The last thing she wants is having her back and her printed spines exposed in the middle of oxytocin-heavy bioscope.

“Me and Haebin discussed a few things when we were climbing the stairs.”

Haebin, in all her Busan-accent glory, does the exposition. “Looking at the nature of the circumstances, I think it’s clear that the real purpose of this Mass Love Potion situation is to lure President Im Nayoung into her arms, implying that Jieqiong knows her president is just as in love, I guess. We need to locate both the president and Jieqiong, and make sure they never reunite till we take out the Chaos in her.”

“Wait, why?” Suhyun sounds exasperated. “Let them kiss, make up, and make lesbian babies for the whole night! Won’t the take down the roofed air and let everyone returns to normal since she’s gotten what she wants?!”

“What she desires, and what the Chaos in her wants, are different things entirely. Her conscious is muddied by Chaos right now. We can’t let the president hands herself into Chaos – not Jieqiong, mind you, Chaos! Her dwindling fire is getting taken over by the Chaos in her, she won’t be able to think straight.”

Haebin’s explanation ruptures what little hope in Suhyun. With the sound comparable to a deflated balloon, she gives in. Nayoung takes the cue to speak. “Heehyun, you’re the fastest runner between four of us, so you go find the pres.”

“Alright. Ring me if you need a hand, or if you need the pres. Try to not combat Jieqiong, she knows her martial arts game, and all three of you are bunch o’ weak asses.” Heehyun takes off to the stairs while gesturing the telephone hand gesture, thumb and pinky jutting out. When Heehyun disappears from view, she tightens her grip around the kink-whip in her hand.

And just as I said some time before, we’re taking the left. Trust me. I know my hunch.”

“Naong, you sure you don’t want to Google Maps ‘Walking Spilled Aphrodisiac with s’ instead? I don’t wanna walk into a room of two people ing!”

Ignoring Suhyun’s tasteless whining, Nayoung leads the way, and stiffens the slightest bit when Haebin speeds up to her side, and leans a little bit too close for comfort, and in a hush, says, “A ‘hunch’ huh?”

“My educated puts extreme trusts on my hunch, yeah,” and she stops in front of the wall that functions as a strait between two closed doors. “There it is. One of them should be Jieqiong and Nayoung’s room… which makes the other Sejeong and Chungha’s. I’m not sure which one. Jieqiong might be standing too close to the wall separating the two rooms so my, uh, hunch can’t really pinpoint the exact room.”

Suhyun crinkles her face. “One of them is the jackpot we’re looking for, the other is a front seat to my friend playing the birds and the bees with a hot chick…”

Intrigue trickles down Haebin’s voice, and she knows Haebin knows more than she lets on. “A ‘hunch’, hm? Didn’t know you have a Chaos GPS installed in your head.” To accentuate the “knowing” in her knowing smile, Haebin lightly raps her -slash-makeshift-weapon on Nayoung’s head, which she brushes off.

“Not that thing, geez, it’s probably been in more holes than your average full-time gravediggers.” She side-steps to the right, takes a lungful of breath, and tries to look undeterred. “Alright, Haebin, Suhyun, in the count of three—w, wait up, what if this room is Sejeong’s? I can’t let Sejeong see me!”

Suhyun is visibly pissed. “Not another exposition! Everyone wants a piece of the action already!”

“Yeah, but I can’t let Sejeong see me!”

“Why? ‘Cause y’all have weaponized toys right now?”

Mostly because she doesn’t want to rope Sejeong into the mess. Part of her doesn’t want to see a very much Sejeong mauling Chungha. “Yeah. That’s gonna harm my credibility.”

“Naongie, Sejeong doesn’t even see you as a potential girlfriend.”

“Oh! Suhyun, you transform into me.”

“Are you for real?”

She steels her expression, hoping to get the urgency across. Suhyun looks bemused, and with a stylized snap of a finger, she takes the form of a Kim Nayoung, minus her multi-functional backpack. “Alright. But it won’t do having two Nayoungs.”

Suhyun has a point, but they’re definitely lacking in the equipment department when it comes to identity-concealment. “God, is there anything I can wrap around the lower half of my face?”

“Um… want my skirt?”

“No!” She refuses Suhyun’s proposal in a heartbeat. Looking around, her eyes focus themselves on Haebin, who’s walking towards a potted waist-tall decorative plant, which she then plucks out of its dry soil, rips into one-third its actual height, and brings back with her.

“This might help. Tie it around your face with your whip. You know how soldiers in the past make sure they could pass off as a bush before going out to war.”

“Oh no, no, I’m not gonna cosplay a broccoli,”

“We’re out of choices, flapjack, come here let momma do the gardening work.”

Stupid as it sounds, she has no choice but to resign and let Haebin violates her face by moshing it with twigs, the leaves poking her eyes, warranting a scream out of her. Her whip is forcefully pulled out of her grip as used as the replacement for a rope, with the handle slipped inside the collar of her shirt. She has no choice but to wash down her protests, since Suhyun’s already doing the favor of barging into the room without any forewarning whatsoever.

They got the wrong room. Sejeong, sitting on the bed with her head hard-clutched by a hand, looks up to them.

“Oh… oh, hello, Sejeong?” In a perfect imitation of her voice, Suhyun sparks the conversation.

“Nayoung?”

“Very much me. 99% Nayoung, 1% girlfriend material.”

Dang, at least make it 30% for girlfriend material!

“Nayoung? Nayoung…?” Sejeong wobbles towards her. “Is that you...?”

“Uh, yeah,” Suhyun walks closer, obviously unsure, but both her and Haebin stay mum, so she takes it as a green light, “it’s me, Sejeong. What’s the matter?”

Haebin takes the time to nudge her. “Sejeong doesn’t lust after you, right?”

“Um, no, she isn’t into me. Where the flying fudge is Chungha anyway?!”

Lips attractively curved, (Nayoung has an eye for things!) Sejeong takes a firm step forward, another firmer step forward, and closes the distance between her and an agape Suhyun. The manifest of Medusa, under influence, snakes her arms around Suhyun’s neck and pulls her closer, and Suhyun’s attempt to wriggle herself to freedom backfires, as she ends up tumbling backwards with Sejeong in tow and lands on her backside. It only furthers the newly awakened carnal side of Sejeong, as she crawls on top of Suhyun and dips her head low and begins to aim for Suhyun’s far-apart lips.

“N-Nayoung, you devil! Sejeong WANTS to get into your skirt—or in this case, m-mine! Oh my gosh! My is OFF-LIMIT, authorized personnel only!”

The ensuing fight takes turn for the worse with Sejeong’s aggressive lusting and Suhyun’s belligerence to submit into Sejeong’s handy hands. It doesn’t take long for the stronger of the two, Sejeong, to tame Suhyun completely as she inscribes kisses onto Suhyun’s lips, jawline, and lower…

“Okay, perhaps it’s time for a countermeasure. Hang on a little bit, Suhyun!” Haebin flees to the nearest dresser, which if her memory serves correctly, should holds some variation of aromatic candles and other supplies to help couples set the mood.

Kim Nayoung herself, on the other hand, is too stoned to even give an emotive reaction.

Under Sejeong’s mercy, Suhyun shoots her a pleading look with her own eyes, “N-Nayoung, you ! Help me! Move your you hoe Sejeong’s gonna RAVISH me!”

“, Suhyun, give me a break! Imagine being ME, watching MYSELF making out with my own childhood friend! And she’s groping ME, oh my god is that her hand under MY shirt?”

“SHE’S FEELING ME UP. NAYOUNG UNLATCH HER AWAY FROM ME I BEG OF YOU!”

“F-fight back you dunce!”

Suhyun heeds her request, flying a poorly-aimed kick. It misses Sejeong’s abdomen by far, but Suhyun has the height advantage against Sejeong by a small margin, and the longer arms help her turn the table on Sejeong, with her hovering on top of the influenced girl now.

Nayoung decides it’s a do or die situation for her friend. “Pin her hands down!”

Oddly, Sejeong doesn’t quarrel back as hard. Suhyun seizes the chance to pin her hands down.

Until her grip loosens when Sejeong moans.

“NAYOUNG,”

“O, okay, I guess she likes it rough.”

Haebin’s back with aromatic candles of varying colors, placing them around Sejeong and Suhyun’s entangled bodies, although with a fairly calculated distance to avoid anyone knocking onto any candle. With the way she flexes her clammy palms, Nayoung expects a foolproof solution, but instead, Haebin materializes a small fire with the lighter she stole from the dresser and begins to light the candles.

“Are you trying to summon Satan…?”

Haebin doesn’t seem to find it funny. “I’m trying to calm her fire down. Plus I’m also starting to feel bad for Suhyun. I’ll try to tow Sejeong away, you go to the other room.”

She could feel another figure in the stark open doorway. The steps are cautious. Nayoung turns around to end the suspense.

“Is everything alright—not. No, I guess. Definitely not.” Chungha is all dampened from sweats while picking at the collar of her shirt, a futile attempt to fan herself. “No one’s willing to answer my questions and explain to me what’s happening, cause just an hours ago before I took off for an evening jog, Sejeong was definitely not on the floor trying to strip Kim Nayoung off her clothes. With aromatic candles circling her.”

As if things can’t be any more dramatic. God was probably drunk when he wrote the JavaScript for today. “I know I look like broccoli right now, but believe me, I’m Nayoung, and the Nayoung your girlfriend’s violating right now is a phony.”

“I…” Chungha looks like the words are knocked out of her, her face going through a different expression every passing nanosecond. Confusion has been shown thrice so far. “This is too surreal. Did someone roof my isotonic drink?”

“Isotonic drink tastes like donkey piss.”

“What?”

Haebin cuts their very much dead conversation short. “Uh, Chungha, you might want to hand me a hand, your girlfriend is quite a handful and she keeps slapping my hand away.”

Still shell-shocked, Chungha gets a dose of the slaps to her nose too. Not that she’s any better off.

Her mind is away.

All Sejeong’s fault.

Never in her life she’d dream of watching with her own two eyes Sejeong lusting after her.

Three middle school years of taking the further way home just so she could walk with Sejeong for a while longer, and that one July day years ago where she disposed her own umbrella just so she could share a long trek home under the tormenting afternoon shower with Sejeong (they fought over who gets to hold the umbrella; in the end they held it together like a couple of doofuses), and the many, many instances where her life orbited around Sejeong.

It’s never been love. It starts with fond amusement and later on she finds Sejeong’s company worth the keep. She’s sure it’s never been love, but it teeters in-between platonic affection and something more, but the line is never crossed. Sometimes it escalates to fantasies she’d rather not talk about, or visions of the two sharing things of far more triviality than umbrellas – a house, a car, a couple of I do vows – but she’s quick to swallow them dry, because some lines are never meant to be crossed.

And Sejeong steam-rolled that line and vroomed past it.

“Nayoung, what you waiting for?!”

Suhyun breaks her out of her reverie.

“C’mon you big bloke, save the day for us! Go! Make my sacrifice count—, , not the bum I tell ya!”

Save the day for us.

The twigs strapped onto her face are starting to dig into her cheeks, too. She whips around, tightens her grip around the strap of her backpack, skips to the door, and practically cannonballs her way inside.

As per roleplaying game last boss standards, Zhou Jieqiong has been idly waiting for a Nayoung’s arrival. The Im one.

“I was about to say ‘you’re late’, but you’re not the person I’ve been expecting.” Jieqiong’s tone has a hint of malevolence. It contrasts the smile.

It also contrasts the face-down Eunwoo lying on the floor, knocked out cold. A quick deduction, Eunwoo might have barged into the room out of her attraction towards Jieqiong, and the latter might have taken her out.

Poor Eunwoo. Your crush crushed you. I guess that’s why it’s called ‘crush’ – it’s not supposed to not hurt. “Knock it off. End this already. You’re making a huge mess. You think cranking up everyone’s libido isn’t gonna cause some large-scaled problem? Take a goddamn look outside.”

“In a rush, aren’t you?” Jieqiong sighs, and the way she acts so nonchalant about it pulls a rise out of Nayoung.

She is. She is in a sugar-rush, a high-rush; the images of Sejeong craving for her touches puts her on a desperush.

With fists balled up, Nayoung stomps closer, leaves ruffling against the side of her face with each bounce. She hides her cautiousness under a glass mask of faux bravado, “Your princess charming isn’t going to sweep you off your feet any time soon, she got better things to do.”

“She always has better things to do.”

If given the chance, she would prefer resolving the issue without any punches thrown, as unlikely as it sounds. Still, Nayoung’s all ears to any resolution that doesn’t involve any fistfight. It’s difficult to come out as a victor against Jieqiong in hands-to-hands combat, but Jieiqong who’s taken over by Chaos is another thing entirely.

It’s best to try for the more diplomatic route. “There are three sides to a story. Yours. Hers. The truth. Maybe we can talk this out?”

But the universe has always been out to get her; there’s hopelessness ribbing Jieqiong’s tone, something that extracts pity out of others. She guess that it’s the way her voice slightly shakes. “In the years I’ve lived so far, I’ve been trying to be the superlative. Prettiest. Most likable. Friendliest. With the most friends. Do you see me as a superlative?”

“Superlatives. Except ‘easiest to deal with’.”

Jieqiong walks over to the double bed and sits atop the leopard-printed bed cover, flattening the fuzzes of the fake fur. And crosses a leg over another. The air gets noticeably thicker and it invades Nayoung’s senses. “Don’t get me wrong, I wasn’t born the irresistible self I am today. I had to work my way up there! Looking for a styling that matches me, fixing my personality, learning how to fit in right off the bat into the high-end clique, but I thought at least I nailed the prettiest part down, judging from the many, many confessions I’ve received. From guys and girls alike.”

“That’s nice.”

“I was really happy when Nayoung asked me out. I was giddy for a whole week, looking back, I kinda went overboard I guess. I acted like I just got proposed. High school dating is rarely serious.” Jieqiong’s smile is wry and exhausted. That alerts Nayoung. “But… fast forward nearly a year later, I guess it’s not working out between me and Nayoung.”

“She’s busy, she’s the president. Our president here doesn’t have a senate to slave-drive.”

“I get you.” Jieqiong’s gaze is distance, piercing past the wall behind Nayoung. “But it feels so ty when the whole world wants you, except the person you actually want.”

Nayoung blinks. And mutters. “And me. So that makes it both Nayoungs.”

“You’re getting on my nerves.”

“I dunno, I mean, you’re gorgeous, but I’m more of a Shin Hana person myself. She’s in the gardening club, doesn’t go around much, a hardworking gal, is cooperative, currently engaged to my of a hunk brother Taekwoon, and she doesn’t pull stunts like tampering innocent people’s fire just to get some action with her girlfriend.”

“Psh, I’m a scorned woman, aren’t I allowed to have revenge plots?”

“Dang it, Jieqiong, snap out of it, don’t let Chaos take over your fire.”

When the air feels even more constricting, Jieqiong looks a smidge perplexed. “Question though, how are you not affected?”

“Easy, miss. I don’t even have a fire for you to tamper with,” she walks backwards, stops before she hits the desk behind her, grabs the nearest thing she finds – and hurls an alarm clock at Jieqiong, and it makes a loud crashing sound against her cranium, and it’s Nayoung’s cue to take off, “and that makes me the perfect person to stop you.”

Fearing that she has roused the beast too much, Nayoung dashes out of the room, glimpses to the left and right, and takes the letter the moment she catches a cased fire extinguisher installed to the wall. The running also gives her an opportunity to finally get rid of the strapped twigs and leaves.

A quick glance to the back reveals that Jieqiong is much faster than her—and the real Jieqiong for the matter. Chaos has pretty much taken over. I don’t have much time…

What comes after Chaos is what she dreads the most – the fire dying out. The crystallization process.

What happened in the past should stay in the past.

She barely dodges Jieqiong’s lunged out hand that tried to grab her from behind, pulling a half-spin to the right and using the ample opportunity to pedals a shoving kick at Jieqiong’s torso. It pushes her back, but the latter is quick at regaining her footing, and the kick only agitates her further. Nayoung ducks low when Jieqiong pulls a high kick that aims for her head, and braces for the pain when she realizes Jieqiong has prepared a follow-up kick with her other leg, a jumped spinning kick that hits her jackpot in the chin.

Pushed back, she tumbles backwards, but her fall is stopped short by the wall-mounted fire extinguisher case that hits her back.

The standard-issue stored-pressure fire extinguisher gleams back at her from behind the breakable glass case.

Break the glass in case of emergency.

Jieqiong takes a hold of her collar and jerks her body upwards from the half-sitting position and Nayoung uses the opportunity to blindly reach for the glass-breaker chained to the cabinet. She shoulders on Jieqiong’s fist that lands a clean hit on her cheek and readies to swing the glass-breaker, faking a swing towards Jieqiong, who pulls her body back to avoid the wide swing. Nayoung’s real aim is the glass case; which she successfully breaks.

She struggles to face the broken glass cabinet even with Jieqiong’s vice-grip on her. The moment she successfully unmounts the extinguisher from the wall, she turns back around.

“Don’t shoot,” Jieqiong seethes a warning.

“Only if you decide to be cooperative.”

“What do you want me to do—“

“Holy Prometheus, can’t hear you, your fist might have busted my eardrums,” is her reply, dripping with mockery, as she aims the nozzle at Jieqiong’s torso and squeezes the trigger hard, propelling Jieqiong aback until she hits the floor with a discharged projectile of water, foam, and nitrogen. “Now I bid you an adieu,” she rises to her full height and makes a beeline for the stairs.

Agitate her, then keep her company in somewhere as far away from her girlfriend as possible! Make yourself her punching bag until Chaos leaves her alone! Genius, Nayoung. Sun Tzu will be proud when you join him soon enough in the afterlife.

Even with the exhaustion – and the haunting images of Sejeong wanting her – Nayoung pushes herself to her limit as Jieqiong’s stomped run nears closer.

She practically kicks the door to the rooftop open and spins to face Jieqiong, who is five full steps away from her.

And readies herself into a fighting stance, a fist tugging on the strap of her sling backpack tight.

It reassures her that even a powerless like her might stand a chance with someone addled by Chaos.

“Alright, you punk,” and she masks the fear under the unsteady grin she forces herself to don, “bring it on.”
 



Notes: [2] what makes jieqiong submit into Chaos? How is the other nayoung faring so far? Will nayoung win this fight by her own weak self? How come nayoung “doesn’t have a fire for her to tamper with”? why’s nayoung so against sejeong actually doing crap on the whole mission? Will suhyun come out of this alive?

[3] i'm sorry for the long interval between the updates though, ive been really busy with uni lately BUT end of the year means the start of my 1 1/2 months long vacation jkdfjnfg finallyyyyy an end to these sleepless nights (cue the 9muses song)