One Last Time

One Last Time

He's lying in bed. The soft pitter patter of the rain engulfing his senses and his eyes closing with exhaustion when he hears a faint shrilly noise otherwise classified as a ringtone. 

By now, Seunghyuns on the very bridge of conciousness, every limp in his body demanding sleep but through the slit of his eyes he peeks at the caller and immediately groans. 

It's Jiyong and there's no way that Seunghyun won't attend his call. So he reaches across to his bedside table and picks up his phone, pressing the green button and brings it to his ear, muttering a barely coherent Hello. 

The excitement in Jiyongs voice catches him off guard. It's the voice he uses when he's got something new for them. 

Something that can't be left for another time. It hasn't happened in a long time and well no one expected it to, considering that Seunghyun would be leaving for mandatory service soon, they had halted activities as a group, and instead we're focusing on themselves as individuals. 

So Seunghyun is beyond surprised when Jiyong orders him to come to the studio. When he asks for a reason Jiyong simply replies with: 

"Just come and you'll see." 

And so there Seunghyun is, at 2 am, driving to the studio for god knows whatever reason Jiyong wants him to. He eyes are still drooping and Seunghyun has to slap himself several times to keep his eyes on the road. 

The studio is only 20 minutes away from his apartment and Seunghyuns arrives there in no time. He is quick to notice that even though he rushed here immediately , it seems that he's the last one. He parks his car behind Seungri's and heads inside. 

Even before Seunghyun pushes the door open to the studio, he can hear the rest of the members fooling around. 

Seungri and Daesung are recalling a funny story from the tour, followed by Youngbae and Jiyongs laughter. 

For a moment, Seunghyun leans again the door, letting the familiarity of the situation wash over him. He realizes with the dull ache in his chest that this may as well be the last time they'll gather in this room, all together. He's debating whether to go inside or to stay for a few moments. 

Jiyongs voice breaks his inner turmoil. 

"Hyung, I can see you." 

Seunghyun blinks, a smile forming on his face, and enters the room. 

Inside Seungri and Youngbae are sprawled on the couch, eyes still bright with laughter. Daesung is still doubled over the coffee table, giggling every now and then. 

And Jiyong is leaning against the wall, beanie over his hair, and a hand covering his face revealing a small smile. His eyes are locked on Seunghyuns and he walks over. 

"What were you even doing?" 

Seunghyun is a little taken back at the fondness in Jiyongs eyes and immediately knows that this isn't the first time he's been caught. 

He shrugs and Jiyong lets out a small chuckle, looking away to clear his throat, catching the attention of the rest of the members. 

"Oh yeah hyung, why on earth are we here right now? I mean, I love you guys and love spending time with you guys purely because you, my dearest Hyungs a treat me with  so much love and care and I-" 

"Seungri shut up. And before I get interrupted again-" Jiyong sends a pointed look in Seungris direction, who has his mouth open, an argument at the tip of his tongue. 

"The reason I called you guys here is because I have a new song. And I  know that we aren't going to be active as a group but I just thought that maybe this could be a...farewell, temporary of course, from us to the fans. " 

Jiyong has a hopeful look on his face and everyone, including Jiyong himself knows that there's no saying no to that. 

So they all gather together, heads pressed close as Jiyong runs them over everything and soon Youngbae is already positioned inside the recording booth, headphones in place, singing his heart out and Seunghyun feels this weird sort of pride looking at him, because he's so good at what he does. 

It's Daesung up next, and with a few minor mistakes, he finishes his part flawlessly. 

Seunghyun so intent on memorizing the exact tune and lyrics that he doesn't even realize that when Jiyong calls him up. 

"Me? Already?" 

Jiyong rolls his eyes but nods any way. 

"Yes and today would be perfect." 

Laughter rings in the studio, and Seunghyun marches to the booth, head held high and pretends that he doesn't notice Jiyong rolling his eyes yet again, an adorable giggle escaping his lips. 

Seunghyun places the headphones over his ears, smoothing the sheet of lyrics and clears his throat, waiting for Jiyongs countdown. 

"Three, two...one go hyung"

The music fills Seunghyuns ears and he feels himself get lost in it, like he does every time. 

His body moves with the rhythm and his feet tap against the floor on every beat, the words flow out of his mouth automatically and oh so effortlessly. For a moment Seunghyun allows himself a sliver of pride, he's born for this and god he's ready to die doing this. 

He finishes his part with a grin, adrenaline rushing through his veins and opens his eyes slowly. He's met with slack jaws and wide eyes. 

Was I that good? 

He grins at Jiyong through the glass but what he doesn't expect is for the latter to blink, shake his head and say:"Hyung what the hell were you saying?"

Seunghyun stares back at him in complete and utter shock. Partly because he's pride is extremely wounded and partly because he has no idea was Jiyong is on about. 

" wait. W-what do you mean? This...this is the sheet you gave me. Isn't it?" 

And then Jiyongs marching into the booth and snatching the lyric sheet out of Seunghyuns hand, none too harshly. Muttering something along the lines of "And so you say the same thing, it's not you its me..." and Seunghyun realizes that those are definitely not the lyrics he's just rapped with so much passion. 

Jiyong looks up at him and Seunghyuns ready for it. Ready for the rant that is about to come out of the leaders mouth. About how Seunghyun has wasted so much time merely because he picked up the wrong sheet even though the right one was exactly infront of him. About how he can never seem to get anything right and how Jiyongs sick and tired for it all. 

Seunghyun lowers his gaze, hoping that he looks sincerely apologetic. He opens his mouth, ready to deliver his lengthy speech but is interrupted with laughter. 

Bright, beautiful laughter that seems to light up the whole room and Seunghyun is so confused that he just stares at Jiyongs grinning face. 

And then Jiyongs turning to him, and kissing his cheek, but it's so quick that Seunghyun barely even registers it until it's gone. 

"Hyung, you're adorable." 

The room is engulfed in exclaims of ewwwww and gagging sounds.

Seunghyun feels his heart burst with affection and pulls Jiyong close to him. 

Taking in the lovely smell of the latters lemon shampoo, Seunghyun buries this moment deep into his memories, never to be forgotten. 

 

 

 


 

- [ ] 

-