Lost In Love

Lost In Love

It was in the midst of a winter night. She was still visiting the same place. The place where he dumped her for good. The place where she witnessed the lies of the guy she loved the most. She knew that no matter how many times she visited the same garden,he would never come back for her. Slowly,tears rolled down her cheeks. She closed her eyes and refreshed the memories of the night. The night that changed her life completely.

A year ago...

Taeyeon was holding a medium-sized,navy blue box while pacing towards the wooden door that invites people to enter it to savour the beauty within it. She was wearing a long-sleeved white dress,the skirt reaches her knee and her legs are covered with black socks and boots. She wore a light blue scarf around her neck. Her hair was dyed blonde and was braided into two.

She pushed the wooden door and stepped into the garden. She sat on a wooden bench by the frozen lake. She smiled reminding of how many times spent together between him and herself. Her thoughts halted when a hand touched her shoulder. The hand of the guy that had stolen her heart. The hand of the guy that kept her nightmares away.

Taeyeon turned to look at his face. His flawless face,his sparkling brown eyes,his dazzling looks,his charming smile,his smart style made her blush. He chuckled,before taking the seat next to Taeyeon.

"Taengoo,let's do something while waiting for our first snow..." persuaded Donghyun. Taeyeon smiled when she heard the word 'our first snow'. Yes,their first snow. It was the first snow when the two lovebirds met. It was also the first snow when they fell for each other. It was the next first snow when both of them confessed and promised to be there forever,with love.

"What should we do then?" asked Taeyeon. Donghyun rubbed his chin. He tried to think of something fun. Taeyeon's sparkling eyes were waiting for his answer.

"Let's skate," suggested Donghyun. Taeyeon looked at Donghyun who was thrilled to go iceskating. She nodded slowly and held his arms.

"Okay," Taeyeon agreed. Donghyun looked at Taeyeon and released his arm from Taeyeon.

"Wait here. I'll get the equipments for you,my princess," Donghyun kneeled and bowed to Taeyeon. Taeyeon giggled and slapped Donghyun's back slowly.

"Just go," said Taeyeon. Donghyun chuckled and left. Taeyeon shook her head slowly. Then,she realised that she forgot to give the first snow present tfor Donghyun. She stood up and ran towards the exit. He wasn't there. Taeyeon searched for him in the garden.

She went to the frozen lake. He wasn't there either. She paced to the pavilion that was beautifully decorated for the first snow. Large-sized snowflakes on each pole,white cloth that was hung around the top of the pavilion,man-made snow at the inner part of it,snowman LED at the entrance. And there he was. Looking at her,smiling. He opened his arms for his love's warm hugs.

Taeyeon's precious tears filoled her eyelids. She ran towards the pavilion,to her favourite warm hug of his. She stopped when she saw another girl ran faster and fell into Donghyun's arms. Taeyeon's pearls flowed faster when the couple drew their face closer and kissed bracely. She dropped her present and ran away.

"Taeng,wait!" shouted Donghyun from behind. Taeyeon ran even faster and went home. She ignored her sister's talk and dashed to her room. She leant against her bedroom door and sat down. Her knees were brought closer to her body and were hugged tightly. That was the darkest moment of Taeyeon's bright life.

....

Taeyeon wiped her tears,smiling. Let bygones be bygones Taeyeon,she thought to herself. She stood up and turned to her right. It was a surprise when she saw him. The betrayer.

Taeyeon clenched her teeth tightly. She tried hard not to cry. She walked to her left and a hand grasped her soft little hand. She turned to her right,facing him.

"What?" Taeyeon shouted. Her cold eyes stared his handsome face that she used to care and admire.

"Taeng,let me explain," persuaded Donghyun. Taeyeon pulled her hand from Donghyun's grasp and looked at him.

"She was,well. I admit. I played with your feelings. You could say that. I met her two years before I know you. After that we lost contact. When we were a couple,she came. My heart splitted into two. I don't know whom I truly love. On that day,after you ran,we had a fight. She left. I was upset. To be honest,I was more heartbroken when you left. I'm sorry,Taeyeon. I cheated you and i cheated myself," explained Donghyun. He looked at Taeyeon,asking for forgiveness.

Taeyeon's shoulders relaxed. She sighed. She looked away from him. She wanted to forgive him,but she felt that she couldn't/

"Taeyeon..." called Donghyun.

"You still can't forget me right? Because if you do,you wouldn't be wearing the exact same clothes as the last first snow right? Plus,the bracelet you're wearing-" Taeyeon looked at her bracelet, "is the couple of the phone chain I'm using. The one you wanted to give me that night," said Donghyun.

Finally,Taeyeon burst into tears. Donghyun smiled sadly. Taeyeon went into Donghyun's arms.

"I've waited for you long enough. Thanks for coming back," Taeyeon spoke.

"I love you,kim Taeyeon,"

"I love you too..."

-END-