Interesting

Because You Live [Hiatus]

The first thing Sehun heard when he woke up was, "Rise and shine, sleeping beauty." 

He smiled. She was here.

He turned around to see her holding a tray of food, a gorgeous smile on her face. 

He sat up and she placed it on the table in front of him. 

"Sit," he ordered, patting the space of the bed next to him. She complied. 

"So," Sehun said, before spooning a large chunk of rice into his mouth. "What's your—mmm—story?" 

Hayoung laughed. "Don't talk with your mouth full. But uh... my story? What do you mean?" 

He swallowed. "Why is a someone like you wasting away in hospice care?" 

She laughed, but this laugh was different. It sounded almost... bitter.  Sehun frowned.

"Well..." she stopped when she noticed the look on his face. She smiled at him reassuringly before continuing, "When I finished nursing school... I just took the first position I could." 

He nodded and ate another chunk of rice, waiting for her to continue.

"I have a little brother. His name is Jongin..." She paused.

Sehun noticed that she couldn't help but smile when she said her little brother's name.

She continued, "He's actually my half brother. My mom died when I was 6. My dad raised me..." 

Hayoung tried to force a smile, but couldn't. Sehun could see the pain in her face. 

He found himself reaching for her hand and giving it a squeeze. He held onto it, and she let him.

She sighed. "He raised me... and when I was 13, he got remarried. I wasn't really too happy about it at first—I thought he was trying to replace my mom—but she was really good for him. She made him happy. They had a kid together... Jonginie. He's the sweetest kid in the world..." She trailed off, a smile returning to her face at the mention of her brother.

"Our parents... they were killed in a car accident 2 years ago. J-Jonginie—h-he was only eight years old..." A tear rolled down her face and she wiped it off with her free hand. 

Sehun squeezed her other hand again and felt her fingers grasp his thumb and tighten.

"Suddenly, I was the only thing he had... but I was only 22... I was still in school. I did an accelerated nursing program so I could graduate sooner and start making money. This was the first thing I found... but it's honestly not so bad. I've been here for almost a year now. It's close to home, the pay is good, I've met a ton of interesting people..." 

Sehun chuckled. 

"What?" she asked.

"Are you talking about me?" 

"Sure," she replied sarcastically.

Sehun pouted.

He never would have expect her to add, "You're the most interesting person I've ever met in my life." 

Image result for stars divider

A/N: Sorry for not updating any of my stories lately (shamless plus to pls read my other works a Hayoung [& mostly Sehun] one shot collection and Surrender), but I started school again, so it's been hectic recently. :( 

I'll update my other fics soon! 

Thanks for reading this short update. :)