Chapter One: The Girlfriend

His name is Mr.Perfect...NOT!

HIS NAME IS MR. PERFECT

CHAPTER ONE: THE GIRLFRIEND


Lee Jieun exhaled deeply and slid her classroom door. Her classroom was bright and cheerful like always and as she sat at her usual seat beside Yoo In Na, her friend who by the way was busy chatting with her 6th boyfriend of the month on her phone and ignored her completely. Well, it's not like she had anything to chat with her anyway, she positively thought as she started reviewing for the upcoming exam next week. 

"Who do we got here? Miss Number Two?" said the sarcastic voice of Jang Wooyoung, the heir to the Jang Corporation. He smiled smugly, his hands in his pockets as he gazed down at her and with easy and fast movement, he sat at her right side which definitely was not his seat.

"What do you want, Mr. I'm So Perfect?" Jieun asked, not even bothering to look at him as she write down the things she may need in the next exam. Her hand movement was fast, but she knew the fact that Wooyoung's was faster. It was a fact that she came to know when she sat next to him when she was eleven. She stopped writing and dropped her pen on her desk and with heavy sigh, she looked sharply at Wooyoung. "Did you become blind? Can't you see I'm busy and busy and busy to even pay attention to my rival?" 

"Can't you pay your attention at your childhood friend?" 

She laughed. "Funny. If I remember correctly, last time I chacked I didn't have a childhood friend. I only have a rival who really looked like a boy that I used hung around now and then." 

Wooyoung stood up and put his hands on her desk, smirking. He was smirking and that wasn't anything out of ordinary. After all, nowadays every time she looked at him, he was alaways smirking. But, right now as he smirked, his smirk reminded her of past. 

She shook her head. She should not dwell on that subject.

"Jieun, let's make a bet." he said. "Let's bet who'll come 1st in the exam next week." 

"I refuse." 

"Why? What do you have to lose? The cost won't be a money, just a little of something." He made a strange hand gesture as he showed her that smile which charmed most girls of the school. But, she guessed that he knew that his charming smile won't work on her. Because, she was different. She won't fall for his tricks. 

"It's that little of something I'm worried about. Because, the bets I make with you don't end very well in the case I lose." she stated matter-of-factly. "Now, go away. I have an exam to prepare." 

"Touche." he said, turning on his heel and made his way towards his seat, the one in the front.

She made a good choice, she thought as she continued reading her studying material.

Suddenly, the door slid open with a fast movement. "Hey, did you guys hear? Did you hear?" Im Jaebum asked, his voice rasing by second as he looked at each student of his class excitingly. "It's Seungho Sunbae! He got asked out by Park Jiyeon! And, guess what? He accepted!"

With that sentence, her world seemed to shatter down. 


"How long are you going to make that face?" Wooyoung asked once the lessons of the day were over as he walked by his side. His face was somewhat concerned and that wasn't something out of ordinary. After all, they may have not the best realtionship right now, but once, a long time ago, they were best friends. 

Jieun decided that she should just ignore the tight feeling in her chest whenever she remembered that Seungho was now in relationship. "What face? I'm not making any faces." She forced a smile. "See? I'm smiling." 

"You've been frowning and scowling and almost crying all day. Even since that idiot announced the news of Seungho's dating status." Wooyoung stated. "I know how you feel and I know how sad you are, but you can't just keep acting like this. Be like the usual Jieun." 

She frowned. "The usual me? What's the usual me like? Tell me Wooyoung, it seems like I forgot." 

"Well, you know. The usual you always has her nose in her book. You're quiet and smart, but really annoying when you're pissed off." he stated. "Oh, and you always smile when you're hurt and sometimes you make an annoyed face when deep inside you're really happy. Your ears go red when you're embarassed." 

"Shut up." She her heel and started walking away. "Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!"

"And you like to tell people to shut up when you're embarassed." 

"JANG WOOYOUNG, SHUT THE HELL UP!" 

Wooyoung simply laughed as he chased after her. "Hey, Jieun. How about we watch a movie? Just the two of us? Alone? Consider it a date." 

"I refuse. I'm not going on date with you." 

"Pretty please." he pleaded. "Your oppa here is bored here. So, please let's watch a movie. I will let you pick as long as it's not a romance." 

"I refuse." 

Wooyoung sighed in defeat. "Fine, but in return let me treat you to ice cream."

"That'll do." she said, stopping on her tracks and rolling her head she looked at Wooyoung. His hair was pefectly styled, his clothes were desighner made and his face was relaxed as he sild his hands in his pockets and smiled a little. "You're treating me to ice cream, the chocolate one." 


"Chocolate is a king of ice creams." Jieun stated as she her ice cream happily. "Because, it's delicious and yummy and so sweet. I can never get tired of chocolate."

Wooyoung simply laughed. 

"You, on the other hand." She looked at Wooyoung sharply. "Are eating queen of ice creams, Strawberry. I must admit it is delicious, but being fan of chocolate, I never really liked it that much. So, there is no loser here. Just winners." 

"I'm winner, because I'm treating you." 

"I haven't heard of such a rule." she said. 

"I haven't heard of kings and queens of ice creams either. So, it's same." 

"Touche." 


It was evening when she returned home. Home was bright and cheerful, like her school. Her father emerged from his study at the sound of the door closing and with a small smile, he said. "Jieun! You sure are late. Did something happen?" 

She decided to tell the truth. "I got Wooyoung to treat me to ice cream, chocolate one." 

Her father nodded, his smile never flatering. "Ah, yes, yes. Did you two make up?"

She shook her head. "No, today's special." she declared. "Well then, father, I'm going to head to my room. Goodnight." She kissed him on the cheek and turning on her heel, she made her way towards her room. 

"Jieun, aren't you going to eat your dinner?" 

"I'm not hungry!" she yelled as she opened her door and with a fast movement, she fell on her king sized bed. Now that she was alone and could cry until she was satisfied, small tears fell down her face. Her chest hurt as she thought of them, but she knew that Park Jiyeon was someone who could make him happy. And, he really looked happy holding her hand and smiling. She checked. He was smiling and she too was smiling and however heartbroken she was, she felt happy for them.

Because, she thought, they really suit each other. Plus, she feels better now that Wooyoung helped to cheer her up. She really should thank him again tommorow, she thought. 

And, with that thought she fell asleep.